The Hitman

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Roy Keane. I've stuck by him and defended him through lots of his sh*t, but last night he finally broke me.

Why oh bloody why did you let that little prat Jason McAteer get to you? In the final minutes while pressing for a winner, you go and elbow his head. You're the captain, and you're the best skipper in the league. But that kind of crap just made me shake my head and say "you idiot, Keano".

As for the result, to have had so much play and only come away with a point is also disappointing. We were really pressing for a second goal, and when Tore Andre Flo scored on debut in that goal-mouth scramble, I thought they were going to roll us completely.

Veron had a shocking second half, and Keano I have already touched on. Solkjaer couldn't control it and Beckham was finding it tough on the right wing. Only Giggs really looked like troubling the Mackem defence as he was wreaking havoc down the left.

The Hitman

When you walk through a storm, Hold your head up high, And don't be afraid of the dark, At the end of the storm, There's a golden sky, And the sweet silver song of the lark, Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain, Though your dreams be tossed and blown, Walk on, walk on, With hope in your heart, And you'll never walk alone, Walk on, walk on, With hope in your heart, And you'll never walk alone, You'll never walk alone....Go the Pool!

A disappointing result, but our players didn't look switched on. They didn't pay enough respect to Sunderland - it seemed to me that once Giggs got the opening goal that the floodgates would open. But once Sunderland got a sniff, we never looked like getting a second goal.

Keane was stupid to get sent off, but he was one player who played as if his life depended on it. And it's ironic that he told Phil Neville to pull his head in after nearly getting a second yellow card.

By the way, why didn't the PLC release the funds for Fergie to buy another full back? O'Shea is a good player, but he's a centre back, not a full back.

Watched some of the highlights tonight on Foxtel and I have to say that Keane's actions really were silly, especially for someone who is the captain and supposed to lead by example.

I just think both Keane and Beckham for that matter need to show more resolve out there and not let their opponents get to them like they do. Both players have a history of losing their cool on the field and that could prove very costly as they are quality players and having them sent off and missing games wont help Manchester United's cause at all.

Anyway, Sunderland away is a tricky game, especially if they're switched on like last night so a draw isn't the end of the world for you guys at this early stage of the season.

Cheers!! :cool:
SeinDude

I stayed up to watch the game on SBS (I'm a sunlun fan). I agree that manyoo didn't pay enough respect to reid's team. after giggs' goal, they just kind of sat back. they retained a lot of possession, at times it was as if sunlun couldn't get the bloody ball off them, but they couldn't put in the killer pass or cross. still, it was a goalkeeping error that allowed flo to get the equaliser, after some great work by mcateer, who was obviously buoyed by his goal at leeds.

I think reid's recruited very well of late, and sunlun will surprise a few teams this year. it will be interesting to see how stewart goes against the smog monsters this week.

I don't know what's wrong with keane. I thought he and mcateer were good mates before his falling out with mick mccarthy.

Originally posted by Bulldog1954
You'll be more disappointed on Wednesday, when Man U lose to the might of the Boro...............

Again :eek:

A good season for Boro is when they avoid relegation.

A great season for Boro is when they avoid relegation and take points off United.

You'll notice that a great season for Boro doesn't include any silverware.

Originally posted by Shinboners

what do you expect from the smog monsters? everytime they play sunlun, they reckon it's a northeast derby but really, boro are just "a small town in yorkshire" :D

Originally posted by sussudio

what do you expect from the smog monsters? everytime they play sunlun, they reckon it's a northeast derby but really, boro are just "a small town in yorkshire" :D

Boro are a bit of a joke. For some reason, Bulldog1954 carries on if Boro are United's biggest rivals - it's almost as if he's saying, "Well, if claim United to be our rivals, then we must be a pretty darn important club too".

But then again, Boro to Newcastle and Sunderland is just like Oldham Athletic to Manchester United and Manchester City and Tranmere Rovers is to Liverpool and Everton. Hell, you could argue that they are the Trevor Chappell to Ian and Greg. Who knows, if United fall from grace and Arsenal dominate the league for the next five years, Boro might start to claim Arsenal as their biggest rivals.

A good season for Boro is when they avoid relegation.

A great season for Boro is when they avoid relegation and take points off United.

No team besides the Big 6 can win the EPL becuase its so corrupt. Blackburn in 95 is the exception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boro are a bit of a joke. For some reason, Bulldog1954 carries on if Boro are United's biggest rivals - it's almost as if he's saying, "Well, if claim United to be our rivals, then we must be a pretty darn important club too".

But then again, Boro to Newcastle and Sunderland is just like Oldham Athletic to Manchester United and Manchester City and Tranmere Rovers is to Liverpool and Everton. Hell, you could argue that they are the Trevor Chappell to Ian and Greg. Who knows, if United fall from grace and Arsenal dominate the league for the next five years, Boro might start to claim Arsenal as their biggest rivals.

Gees, all it was was a small dig at the fact that we beat man U twice last season. I'm hardly claiming them as our big rivals, but you wouldn't know supporting one of the biggest sides in the world but when you are a small side in a league where you can't compete of level terms you do get a thrill when you beat teams far far bigger then you. When you can't win the title, as you haven't got the money beating the Man U's and Arsenals is about the biggest thrill you can get.

I know Sunderland are our biggest rival, and I am sure Sussudio will remember Boro beating Sunderland twice last year (thanks to Noel!) with 10 men both times. I'm sure he'll also remember Boro having a magnificent FA cup run, not having to worry aboutrelegatio for the last 10 weeks of the season and then buying far better players in the off season. :D

I know Sunderland are our biggest rival, and I am sure Sussudio will remember Boro beating Sunderland twice last year (thanks to Noel!) with 10 men both times. I'm sure he'll also remember Boro having a magnificent FA cup run, not having to worry aboutrelegatio for the last 10 weeks of the season and then buying far better players in the off season. :D

don't remind me. those two defeats by the smoggies were hard to take ;) I think it was around that time that fans were ready to lynch reid.

in all fairness, I think sunlun have recruited rather well this year. flo, stewart, babb, piper and wright look the goods. they may surprise a few teams, although mid-table mediocrity, and maybe a good cup run, is probably the best that they can hope for. it will be the usual teams challenging for the title - Arse, Cornwall United, Liverscum, et al.

the only joy that us supporters of the smaller clubs can get is through beating each other, and beating the skunks :D

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN

No team besides the Big 6 can win the EPL becuase its so corrupt. Blackburn in 95 is the exception.

Exactly, Shinboners bagged Boro for a good season being avoiding relegation, but the facts are Boro have the money and resources of a mid to lower table premier league club, last season thats where we finished 12th and beat our rivals Sunderland. Man U have the most money and resources in the premier league, they came third and seem incapable of beating Arsenal and Liverpool

Man U have the most money and resources in the premier league, they came third and seem incapable of beating Arsenal and Liverpool

or sunderland ;)

Originally posted by sussudio
I think sunlun have recruited rather well this year. flo, stewart, babb, piper and wright look the goods.

Babb? Kidding, right? He was woeful.

The Hitman

yeah he had a shocker against united, but had been playing well up until then, that's why he's back in the irish national team. free transfer - can't ask for more than that.

Exactly, Shinboners bagged Boro for a good season being avoiding relegation, but the facts are Boro have the money and resources of a mid to lower table premier league club, last season thats where we finished 12th and beat our rivals Sunderland. Man U have the most money and resources in the premier league, they came third and seem incapable of beating Arsenal and Liverpool

So, what's your point? If trophies were allocated according to how much was spent on players, then David O'Leary's Leeds would've been champions every year during his management of the club (bar 98/99 where United splashed out on players) and Real Madrid would've held the European Cup for about the sixth year running. You seem to ignore the fact that I don't believe that United have a god given right to win games - we finished 3rd because Arsenal and Liverpool were better teams last season.

And yes, I took a dig at Boro for avoiding relegation, but is it any more or less a dig than what you've taken at United?

By the way, why didn't the PLC release the funds for Fergie to buy another full back? O'Shea is a good player, but he's a centre back, not a full back.

Ohh this after signing a 30 mil pound defender this year, 28 mil pd midfielder and a 19 mil pound striker the year before. If you need more money to beat Arsenal....then your manager is buying the wrong players!

Arsene Wenger is so much better when it comes to player acquisitions..its not funny. This is the Arsenal dynasty we are about to see...and its upto Liverpool and Man Utd to get the cheque books out and try to match.

I made a dig at Man U, your dig was partly at me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back