Disappointing Channel 7...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
After coming home from a hard day at work (umpiring), I come home, sit in the couch and turn my TV on. To my confusion, the appears to not be on Channel 70 so I flick through every single channel until the horrific thought hits me: "Oh no, its on Foxtel!"

1 game on a Sunday you at least expect it to be televised, but alright, sometimes it's a waste of time and money but no. This was Collingwood vs Carlton, the greatest rivalry in the AFL and they can't even televise it? Absolutely pathetic Ch7.

Before you lot scold me for not buying FOXTEL, I ask, why should I? They should be paying me for having to watch the North vs Bulldogs crap I watched last night!

Rant over, I'm happy we won but Channel 7 needs to get its act together.

After coming home from a hard day at work (umpiring), I come home, sit in the couch and turn my TV on. To my confusion, the appears to not be on Channel 70 so I flick through every single channel until the horrific thought hits me: "Oh no, its on Foxtel!"

1 game on a Sunday you at least expect it to be televised, but alright, sometimes it's a waste of time and money but no. This was Collingwood vs Carlton, the greatest rivalry in the AFL and they can't even televise it? Absolutely pathetic Ch7.

Before you lot scold me for not buying FOXTEL, I ask, why should I? They should be paying me for having to watch the North vs Bulldogs crap I watched last night!

Rant over, I'm happy we won but Channel 7 needs to get its act together.
You may of missed the game, but you won’t miss Huddo’s commentary. ******* biased drivel.

Is there any other kind of channel 7?

Foxtel was $39 a month a month or so ago. Please tell me why you couldn't afford that? Literally two coffees a week costs that much.

You may of missed the game, but you won’t miss Huddo’s commentary. ******* biased drivel.

Glad I go to games as I don't have to listen to Idiotc Commentators barracking against Collingwood every game

Foxtel was $39 a month a month or so ago. Please tell me why you couldn't afford that? Literally two coffees a week costs that much.

Footy should be on Free to Air before Pay TV.

Plus you have to pay for Basic Foxtel

Answer my question. Do you spend more than $10 a week in coffee, alcohol, cigarettes or junk food? If you do and you're complaining, then complain to someone who gives a s**t.

No.

Glad you are Loaded then mate

Foxtel has had the "final game" on Sunday game ever since Foxtel got the rights. It's been part of the deal since DAY ONE. Today technically counted as the last game.

Today was not 7's fault
Today was not Foxtel's fault

They were both honouring the deal that was put in place.

Today was the fault of the AFL for being stupid enough to fixture Collingwood and Carlton on a Sunday at 3.20

Last edited:
Do most of you live under rocks?

Foxtel has had the Sunday 3.20 game ever since Foxtel got the rights. It's been part of the deal since DAY ONE.

Today was not 7's fault

Today was the fault of the AFL for being stupid enough to fixture Collingwood and Carlton on a Sunday at 3.20

AFL only care about $$$$$ and nothing else

AFL only care about $$$$$ and nothing else
Channel Seven have the right to purchase all the games, but as a business they've decided that it's better to sell the games to Foxtel.

Foxtel has had the Sunday 3.20 game ever since Foxtel got the rights. It's been part of the deal since DAY ONE.

Today was not 7's fault

???

Channel 7 normally have the 3:20 game on Sunday. Foxtel has the 1:10 and 4:40 games.

But this is a bye round with a Thursday night game so it’s on Foxtel instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was not 7's fault

Pretty sure the 3:20 game is always on 7. The reason it hasn't been the last two weeks is because they've had a Thursday night game instead.

Only on bye rounds where Channel 7 broadcast a Thursday night game. Usually 7 do the 3:20pm Sunday game to run into their 6pm news bulletin...

Pretty sure the 3:20 game is always on 7. The reason it hasn't been the last two weeks is because they've had a Thursday night game instead.

Correct. 7 prefer the ad buys of a Thursday night to a Sunday afternoon...

You guys need to get over the victim mentality regarding Hudson's calling. I find Anthony Hudson to be a breath of mostly fresh air compared to his contemporaries. He's normally very professional, and I thought he continued to be today. A commentator giving kudos to Carlton given their current state isn't being biased in favour of them, and frankly Carlton do deserve a bit of praise compared to us today. You all complaining about Hudson sound exactly like the people who complain when Eddie commentates games, particularly when a non-Victorian side plays a Victorian side.

You can't honestly tell me that you'd prefer Dwayne Russell over Anthony Hudson.

???

Channel 7 normally have the 3:20 game on Sunday. Foxtel has the 1:10 and 4:40 games.

But this is a bye round with a Thursday night game so it’s on Foxtel instead.

Only on bye rounds where Channel 7 broadcast a Thursday night game. Usually 7 do the 3:20pm Sunday game to run into their 6pm news bulletin...

Got mixed up between "final game" of the Round and 3.20 because some of the time 3.20 is the last game.

But given today was the only game, it counts as the last game of the round. I still think it should have been on 7 regardless, but I know why it wasn't.

Essendon v Collingwood will be on 7 in a couple weeks. That week 7 has 4 games Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights and Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back