Autopsy Collingwood v Geelong, Rd 1 2019: Disappointing loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry you have not supplied any damning statistics - none.
Your contention that Bucks should not take ANY credit for 2018 is NOT supported by statistics.
Sorry mate. But you’re the one who said that the clubs appointed the coaches and backed them.
All the statistics on the coaches you mentioned show the ultimate success.
I’m happy for Bux to take credit for 2018.
Unfortunately, it’s credit for failure, not the success of your nominated coaches/clubs.

This thread is starting to appear like the psychologists explanation of why Dan and Jess should continue on in the MAFS experiment re. Unfbelievable re.
What is this MAFS skata you speak of

Sorry mate. But you’re the one who said that the clubs appointed the coaches and backed them.
Unfortunately, it’s credit for failure, not the success of your nominated coaches/clubs.

So your opinion on Buckley as a coach completely changes if we kick one more goal in the grand final or Sheed misses? Your opinion on Malthouse completely changes if the ball doesn’t bounce away from Milne?

The coach is not responsible for players making inexplicable decisions and poor conversion in front of goal Dave. This loss lies on the players shoulders, not the coach imo, unless you can pinpoint some kind of amazing moves that Scott made that bamboozled Buckley?

Guess the our Player are not Good Enough for AFL Level then

Hmmmm.

If you're going to complain about angry/swearing in posts maybe don't make them yourself TD. You're on vacation. You should be relaxing!

Very True. Should after Rest Day after Driving Up go and do some things up here

He was contesting himself, his mate just came in from the side.
Just rewatched it 3 times. Sheed was going back with the flight, he didn’t come in from the side. Maynard tried to get to him but was being blocked. It’s pretty cut and dry. Rioli knew Sheed was there and had no intention of contesting the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was contesting himself, his mate just came in from the side.

Just watched it on replay around 2,18 left in the final QTR to make sure - Rioli clearly pushes Maynard in the chest with BOTH hands to stop him getting to the contest.

Clear free. And confirmed by Carey and Ling during the call.

Played like up start millionaires even some smiles as they ran out only round one but as mentioned earlier we haven’t had a good record of beating teams above us or in the eight and our draw this year looks tougher.moore and Elliot the only positives and miss adams’ grunt right in there.

You are suggesting playing off in GF after finishing 13th, and smashing the best team in the comp in the Prelim is not worthy of praise for a coach.
And worse, that it’s a failure.

There’s an old saying -
Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Just watched it on replay around 2,18 left in the final QTR to make sure - Rioli clearly pushes Maynard in the chest with BOTH hands to stop him getting to the contest.

Clear free. And confirmed by Carey and Ling during the call.
Yeah it’s called protecting the ball drop. Funny how the same thing happens at the other end in the same play yet no one calls that a free.

Gee I thought the adjective I chose would've been a dead giveaway.

Delete is a good button to use at times - it's your time to shine; DELETE

What are you busier than a 1 toothed man in a corn on the cob eating contest re? You wanna respond to my MAFS posts.. yet you've avoided my '2018 poster of the yr' medal post.. unfbelievable re.. politics.. can't escape it re.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s called protecting the ball drop. Funny how the same thing happens at the other end in the same play yet no one calls that a free.

I think I’ll take Carey’s , Ling’s and Mathews’ view - at close to 1000 games of combined experience as either coach or player they obviously are far more credible at evaluating the incident.

I’m pretty sure I told you before you can’t protect the ball drop unless you’re contesting the mark. And its easily confirmed that Rioli wasn’t contesting, and he was aware of Sheeds presence. Go and watch a replay mate. Rioli had no intention of contesting that mark therefore was illegally blocking Maynard from the contest.

I think I’ll take Carey’s , Ling’s and Mathews’ view - at close to 1000 games of combined experience as either coach or player they obviously are far more credible at evaluating the incident.
Good for you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back