Disasters in China - Media Blackouts

Remove this Banner Ad

He hasn't put up anything, cmilk did this a couple of hours ago:

Really going to town on the CCP. I don't think he'll be going back to that part of the world any time soon.

Admittedly I'm quite a fan of laowhy86's work. Knows how to articulate his experiences and observations. I reckon the CCP would love that duo back in China so they can do their thing on them.

Yes they are, but they also fairly recently did a decent series on Vietnam. Given some of their anti-CCP, pro-Taiwan releases after first going back to the States 18 months ago, I'd have been reluctant to go anywhere near SEA.

Yes they are, but they also fairly recently did a decent series on Vietnam. Given some of their anti-CCP, pro-Taiwan releases after first going back to the States 18 months ago, I'd have been reluctant to go anywhere near SEA.
Vietnamese don't like Chinese too much. Not sure the CCP is going to harm or kidnap foreigners in Vietnam, particularly a US citizen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is from Chinas media so thy are admitting this

Fresh COVID-19 outbreaks in multiple cities across China sparked new concerns about whether the outbreak in eastern Chinese city Nanjing would lead to a nationwide resurgence in cases, and whether the current vaccines can successfully fend off the risks brought by the rampant Delta variant.
Some have raised doubts over whether the rigorous prevention measures adopted over the past year will still work.

In July, there were more than 320 domestically transmission cases reported across China, posing serious challenges to the country's hard-won victory in the epidemic battle.
The latest domestically transmitted cases have spread to at least 18 provinces and dozens of cities, resulting in at least four high-risk areas and 91 medium-risk areas as of press time on Sunday.

This is what shits me with our media just blindly republishing party-line AP s**t rather than simply googling or youtubing.

Still saying six died in the road tunnel.

And when you consider the shoddy construction methods, along with substandard materials...

I think it'll be interesting in the next 6 months to see what happens with the Chinese economy and steel demand.

Australian news sources seem to have bought into this fear mongering around China trying to drop the iron ore price and semi-succeeding because it went down $30 on the back of them cutting steel output. But the part that's not considered is why they would do such a thing if it was profitable to continue pumping out steel.

If the propaganda is true and they're actively putting infrastructure builds on hold then there's going to be a lot of unhappy regional governors whose personal success depends on growth to the economy in their region. Those governors are driving up huge debts to get some of these projects moving so they can demonstrate achievement abc move on before they are held to account over the debt. A lot of them will be itching if there's delays to their projects and despite Xi making it look like he's the absolute monarch my understanding is that these regional governors collectively have a bit of power.

If the propaganda is false, then they're having a recession

Will be interesting to see how an economic shock plays out in terms of power dynamics.

I think it'll be interesting in the next 6 months to see what happens with the Chinese economy and steel demand.

Australian news sources seem to have bought into this fear mongering around China trying to drop the iron ore price and semi-succeeding because it went down $30 on the back of them cutting steel output. But the part that's not considered is why they would do such a thing if it was profitable to continue pumping out steel.

If the propaganda is true and they're actively putting infrastructure builds on hold then there's going to be a lot of unhappy regional governors whose personal success depends on growth to the economy in their region. Those governors are driving up huge debts to get some of these projects moving so they can demonstrate achievement abc move on before they are held to account over the debt. A lot of them will be itching if there's delays to their projects and despite Xi making it look like he's the absolute monarch my understanding is that these regional governors collectively have a bit of power.

If the propaganda is false, then they're having a recession

Will be interesting to see how an economic shock plays out in terms of power dynamics.
Between floods and lockdowns (and subsequent port closures) there will be an economic slowdown. They question is by how much...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back