Food, Drink & Dining Out Discontinued Food Items You Miss

Remove this Banner Ad

All you 80s kids would remember the 20c toffee apple and choo-choo bars..

There were also 'Paleface' bars (vanilla and raspberry) with an american indian on the pack and pink panther bars (musk) that were the same size.. Anyone remember these?
Remember them all too well.

They changed the toffee apples up for a while which wasn't great. I may or may not have developed an unhealthy addiction to them around exam times that resulted in boxes of them being purchased in year 12 and first couple of years of uni.

Toocan icy poles were the best. The ones with the two sticks so you could split it in half and share it...aa pfft...as if I ever did that. I split it in half though, it mad3 Ae me feel like I had TWO icy poles!

OK, so I'm so glad I've found someone who seems to really know these icey poles and there not these wierd twin poles! I have not been able to find them anywhere on google or anywhere for that matter to the point i began to think i made them up! Lol i can't even begin to tell you the time spent between me and a few friends over the past 2 days over these icey poles. Long story short i think at least 19 ppls heads were physically and mentally done in, countless hours have been used that I'll never get back, I had ppls little sisters up on the internet searching after midnight and I've somehow ended up on a FOOTY forum a minimum of 30 hours later, still no closer trying to find the answer to my pointless question which is;
How many colours were there and what we're they?

OK, so I'm so glad I've found someone who seems to really know these icey poles and there not these wierd twin poles! I have not been able to find them anywhere on google or anywhere for that matter to the point i began to think i made them up! Lol i can't even begin to tell you the time spent between me and a few friends over the past 2 days over these icey poles. Long story short i think at least 19 ppls heads were physically and mentally done in, countless hours have been used that I'll never get back, I had ppls little sisters up on the internet searching after midnight and I've somehow ended up on a FOOTY forum a minimum of 30 hours later, still no closer trying to find the answer to my pointless question which is;
How many colours were there and what we're they?

enhanced-25491-1436933114-1.jpg

10 seconds. It took longer to read your post than find the icypole.

I loved that you were meant to "share" them.

Simon_Nesbit's photo is not exactly them though. They were significantly thinner in the middle such that you could snap it in half, and hence the "sharing."

KFC Popcorn Chicken with Salt and Vinegar Sachet Salt.

They brought them back for cricket season a few years ago...only to discontinue them a month later.

Also the Hungry Jacks Spicy Chicken Baguette. I think there were a couple of other flavours (Country Chicken?)- best fast food burger I've ever had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few years ago Macca's ditched the curry sauce option for McNuggets.

Now the sweet mustard is gone too.

Disastrous.

Maccas randomly had vegie curry puffs for sale around '02 I think for about a month. Obviously incredibly inauthentic, but were grouse.

....and honey bears. Oh how I miss them.

Luckily when I was pregnant, (many moons ago) my parents owned a milk bar and I had plenty at my disposal. I had a permanent craving for them much to dads annoyance.

....and honey bears. Oh how I miss them.

Luckily when I was pregnant, (many moons ago) my parents owned a milk bar and I had plenty at my disposal. I had a permanent craving for them much to dads annoyance.
can't you get them still in allens party mix???

I loved that you were meant to "share" them.

Simon_Nesbit's photo is not exactly them though. They were significantly thinner in the middle such that you could snap it in half, and hence the "sharing."
there was also a smurfs ice block with two sticks, one side was a blue icy pole the other side was a white ice cream

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when I asked the other day at Maccas whether they still did McFeasts and they did! Smashed it. And got it all over my lap in the car. Man I don't understand the McDees menu anymore. It used to be chicken or fish or Big Mac/Feast/Pounder and that was it. Ah, simpler times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back