Portfolio Discrim's Footy Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, hadn't thought about the Origin series in a while...there's been a good deal catching my eye. In any event, I got a couple sets that have been finished for a few weeks, but have only gotten around to now. First up, Texas State. First choice is quarters + fun with abbreviations, 2nd and 3rd jumpers are fun with horizontal and diagonal stripes.
txstatefooty16.png

Southeast Missouri...fun with checkers + fun with feathers (and said feathers are oriented so that the contrasting tip is pointing southeast from the viewer's perspective)
semofooty16.png

I'll look around to see if there's an SANFL thread, because I'm cooking up something for Sturt. If there aint one, you'll find it here in a few days.

Clearly, I hit a snag with the Sturt concept, given I have yet to post it. In any event, jumpers!
Austin Peay State Univ. in Tennessee, commonly called simply Austin Peay, once had a guy named Fly Williams on its basketball team in the early 70s. This being the 70s, this led to a cheer of "Fly is open, Let's go Peay!" Fly went on to play for a band of misfits known as the Spirits of St. Louis, and Peay's student section still chants Let's go Peay...
austinpeayfooty17.png

No randomly weird story for Riverside, but Highlanders they be, so...winter is coming...wait, that's that other show...there can be only one :p
ucriversidefooty17.png

There can be only one...and I guess Radford would have an advantage: I have no idea where the hell it's located, but then highlanders are always fated to find one another...I just liked their new logos.
radfordfooty17.png

Beaver tail pattern for the first choice and clash, striping within striping for the third jumper
oregonstatefooty17.png

Ripping off Carlton's not exactly the most original idea, admittedly, but it works.
ricefooty17.png

iowafooty16.png

Last year, I finally won hardware! Hell, against all odds, I made it to my league's Grand Final...and lost like always. I did, however, manage to win the midseason cup, and the '16 Robins weren't the great mark/disposal compilers I'd had in the past, who faded when hardware was in the vicinity, so I wasn't expecting the good run in the finals that I got out of the squad, so I chose to commemorate last year's accomplishments. The first choice features the robin wearing a silver medal, as well as silver numbers, while the clash features the medal as well. The third is being reserved for the cup (assuming we have one this year...not sure what happened to Fumbler, but we're basically an outlaw league this year. I took over as CEO, but given it was a month before the season was set to start, PC issues I had for most of February only helped to doom my attempt to keep things afloat...but then we wound up running anyway, we're just without our CCSLC forum for the season)...naturally, I used a liberal amount of gold there.
robins2017.png

As you can see, Photobucket's new policy hit me hard. I found new hosting, but a host of personal and PC issues have conspired to cause me to drift away for a while. Anyway, here's some newer stuff, finally. Out of Phoenix, Arizona, Grand Canyon U
gcufooty17.png

That damn Presidents' Day commercial...I wanna four score a deal with yoooooou...aww yeah...who's your founding father? Out of DC, the Colonials of George Washington
gdubfooty17.png

Lamar U out of Texas...bitch don't kill my vibe. Practically every college I know of whose team is the Cardinals(or its derivative, Redbirds) uses red with a hint of black. Which is largely why I made Lamar's clash jumper lime green.
lamarfooty17.png

Lastly and most recently, Western Michigan
westernmichiganfooty17.png

I put this post on my back doe.

Last edited:
As you can see, Photobucket's new policy hit me hard. I found new hosting, but a host of personal and PC issues have conspired to cause me to drift away for a while. Anyway, here's some newer stuff, finally. Out of Phoenix, Arizona, Grand Canyon U
gcufooty17.png

That damn Presidents' Day commercial...I wanna four score a deal with yoooooou...aww yeah...who's your founding father? Out of DC, the Colonials of George Washington

Lamar U out of Texas...bitch don't kill my vibe. Practically every college I know of whose team is the Cardinals(or its derivative, Redbirds) uses red with a hint of black. Which is largely why I made Lamar's clash jumper lime green.

Lastly and most recently, Western Michigan

I put this post on my back doe.
Grand Canyon in prison bars - taking over the world!

I just noticed that you're from Wisconsin and you go for the Bears... You know it's not too late and its perfectly within reason to change over to Green Bay :p

Guess Photobucket did an about face, given my old stuff's visible again. Anyway, it's been over half a year, got myself a little mobile hotspot a few months back, and I'm getting back in the swing of things. First up is basketball stalwart St. John's
stjohnsfooty90s18.png

I'd started work on this one in '14, believe it or not, walked away from it for a while, and redid the whole thing from what had been a red Carlton copy relatively recently. It's a bit tough to see, but there's stitching on the vintage jumper's number plate.

Another one I'd sat on for a while, Miami of Ohio
miamiohfooty.png

Repeating elements must've been on my mind at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hadn't really given it much thought, given how sporadically I post here.

In any event, I got some new stuff to post...first, Jacksonville University in Florida got new athletic logos, and so I decided to do something.
jacksonvilleufooty18.png

I hadn't intended to make a predominantly white (or, in this case, off-white) jumper Wyo's first choice...but look at it, man.
wyomingfooty18.png

A request gave birth to this Minnesota effort. Yes, their mascot has a squirrel's tail despite being a gopher. Minnesota fails biology forever. And yes, there's a 90's Day jumper.
minngophersfooty18.png

Another request, and a little while of figuring out what the hell I wanted to do, resulted in this Colorado State set. The explanation for the orange jumper is that they used to wear green and orange under the school's former name, Colorado A&M (like the one in Texas, they were the Aggies. There's also a small orange A on the back of the collar of all three guernseys)
coloradostatefooty18.png

Last but not least, the Winthrop Eagles of South Carolina. Call it a WCE ripoff if you must (I won't deny it), but hey, it works. Given the colors, a copy of the last Brisbane Bears jumper made only too much sense.
winthropfooty18.png

Alright, a twofer for ya...first, McNeese State from Louisiana. Based the first choice on the Dees, but gave the yoke a bit of a curve to mimic a bandana.
mcneesestatefooty18.png

Then we got William & Mary from Virginia. W&M used to use a monogram that included a pair of feathers, but given the (somewhat misguided IMO) purging of Native American imagery from US sports going on, the school now emphasizes a Griffin, while retaining the Tribe name. The third took it's inspiration from that Arsenal classic, the bruised banana.
williammaryfooty18.png

Been a while longer than I meant it to be, but if ya missed me, I'm back. Here goes Penn State...candy stripes for the first choice, the obligatory Carlton ripoff for the clash, and a weird diagonal halves thing for the third that the folks at PSU would destroy any evidence of had it ever been real :laughing:
pennstatefooty19.png

UNLV's Runnin' Rebels...I give you a fringe-inspired V (though not actual fringe...a soccer team tried that once in the 70s. It went about as well as you'd probably imagine.)
unlvfooty19.png

A couple years back, I'd found out the USAFL site was using one of my old Port Adelaide concept logos...when a member of the Dallas Magpies approached me about using it officially (I have a distinct feeling a guy I used to collaborate with occasionally was responsible for that...not saying any names, but he knows who he is :)). I offered to instead do something of a refresh for em, mainly so it didn't look like it was meant for Port (meaning getting rid of all the lightning bolts). True, it seems the effort went unused, given they recently changed their mascot and colors, but I did get paid, so I figure you guys might appreciate checking out a few of the jumper ideas I sent them.
dalmagpiesconcept5.png

dalmagpiesconcept3.png

dalmagpiesconcept2.png

dalmagpiesconcept7.png

Threw in a few ideas for t-shirts for the hell of it
dallasmagpiestees1.png

A pity everything went unused, I quite liked the Big D and winged Lone Star alt logos.

Last edited:
A handful of schools in the NCAA are considered D1 schools for hockey, while their other sports are either in Divisions 2 or 3. Colorado College is among them. Didn't want to do a Richmond copy, so I went with hoops for the home.
coloradocollegefooty20.png

Until recently, IPFW was, along with IUPUI, distinct in that you could graduate with a degree from either Indiana or Purdue, depending on the major IIRC. That partnership ended a couple years ago, so IPFW became Purdue Fort Wayne. Went with a modified sash...that looks like a tusk. Fort Wayne used to wear blue, so that's what I made the third.
purduefwfooty20.png

Nothing earth-shattering with Georgetown here, just something good looking was all I had in mind.
georgetownfooty20.png

Been a while, here goes Nicholls State...basically, I liked their newer logo set and decided on a modified chevron motif.
nichollsstatefooty21.png

The Citadel just introduced a new logo set, and among the changes they made were ditching their previous, incongruously cartoony bulldog with something more inspired by the fact that it is a military college. The Citadel's barracks surround quadrangles that use a checkerboard floor, hence the use of checkers here, and the third is a gratuitous Footscray tribute. If you're wondering, yes, they do insist on being referred to as THE Citadel, not merely Citadel.
thecitadelfooty21.png

Hadn't had much in the way of ideas until about a week ago, and UC Riverside overhauled their logos...again. I figured I'd take a stab at it, though I hadn't really struck gold until a few hours ago by using California's shape as a sash. First choice is blue plaid with gold Cali sash, second choice is gold with plaid map. The other clash uses Scottish flags as a stripe above the hem.
ucriversidefooty21.png

SMU Mustangs...a fresh take on stripes for the first choice; there's a good reason I used WCE wings on the clash, honest: there's a prominent neon pegasus sign in Dallas, so I figured I'd use red in a manner reminiscent of neon lights. The third guernsey is based on SMU's recent efforts to assert themselves as Dallas' college team which has yielded some attractive football uniforms, it'd most likely see action against other Texas schools, especially arch foe TCU in neighboring Fort Worth.
smufooty22.png

Honestly, I just stumbled upon this logo a couple days ago...Cuyahoga Community College is in the Cleveland area, and is called Tri-C for short...which presumably inspired the choice of the Triceratops mascot. The striping motif was basically me thinking I'd try to base the whole thing off of variants of a giant triple C. Kinda botched it on the gray jumper, but then I mostly had a Tri-C After Dark theme on my brain there.
tricfooty22.png

After a couple decades of constantly screwing up navy and gold, the Pitt Panthers finally went back to royal blue and yellow gold. Which means I can actually give em a good looking concept, rather than put lipstick on a panther rock pig. So here's what's going on-the three stripes used as the V, also seen on the back and shorts in straight form, represent the three rivers that run through Pittsburgh-the Allegheny, Monongahela and Ohio Rivers, and the point where the first two rivers meet to form the Ohio is where Pittsburgh ended up placing its downtown, nicknamed the Golden Triangle (if you ever watched a hockey game and wondered why the Penguins have a triangle in their crest, now you know). A Dees inspired look seemed like a perfect fit, substituting gold for red of course. The third jumper is based on what Pitt had worn on the gridiron for many years.
pittfooty22.png

A couple new ones here...I was feeling a bit derivative when I put this one together, so here goes the College of the Holy Cross, derived from St. Kilda's legendary Hot Cross jumper.
holycrossfooty22.png

I figure one thing, here goes mighty Oregon. The home yellow is basically a giant O, and the clash has ducks flying together. Amusingly enough, the striping of the vintage jumper was actually taken from the clash socks.
oregonfooty22.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back