Discussion arising from Shhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Shhhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhhhh

I am led to believe that skipper was elevated for Gibson. This poses the question 'What will be done in the short time period between when Gibson is back and Taylor is not yet ready to play?' Will we go back to the one ruckman (Renouf) game plan? or will skipper be our nominated rookie to be elevated after rd 11.

I am led to believe that skipper was elevated for Gibson. This poses the question 'What will be done in the short time period between when Gibson is back and Taylor is not yet ready to play?' Will we go back to the one ruckman (Renouf) game plan? or will skipper be our nominated rookie to be elevated after rd 11.

after rd 11 we can nominate a rookie to be eligible to play for the remainder of the year in the seniors so Skipper would have to be that player you would think.

after rd 11 we can nominate a rookie to be eligible to play for the remainder of the year in the seniors so Skipper would have to be that player you would think.

Yep. Unfortunately this could stop Breust getting a game.

I think we have the option of 'demoting' another player though. Not sure on the exact rules though.

Yep. Unfortunately this could stop Breust getting a game.

has breaust been doing well at box hill? thought he looked a fair way off in the nab cup. Did some nice things but looked small and not quite up to the pace of it yet.

has breaust been doing well at box hill? thought he looked a fair way off in the nab cup. Did some nice things but looked small and not quite up to the pace of it yet.

Yeah, he's been really good this year.

He was selected in the Victorian representative side in the VFL vs WAFL match a few weeks ago and kicked a few goals:thumbsu:

Appreciate the news of Taylor being 4-6 weeks away but it would be nice to put a date of return for big Max Bailey. Has been touted as returning at the end of the season but I am growing a little impatient.:confused:

Appreciate the news of Taylor being 4-6 weeks away but it would be nice to put a date of return for big Max Bailey. Has been touted as returning at the end of the season but I am growing a little impatient.:confused:

Impatient for what? As has been stated time and again towards the end of season is the estimated return, maybe Rd 21/22 and then again maybe he won't get back this season at all. No point in giving a date because then supporters are only going to whinge when it doesn't eventuate. Like I said elsewhere, I would rather the club was absolutely 100% with every player that returns from injury rather than "not quite right" but lets play them anyway.

I suspect the arthroscope may have put a bit of a kibosh on Big Max for this year.

Rnd 21 or 22, if at all, I suspect...

4 and half years on the senior list for a total of 6 AFL games.
Max could have been playing his 100th game for the club against the Crows.

If Max can ever regain a spot after 3 knee recos as a ruckman it will be one of the all time great sporting stories.

I hate to be a negative Nelly but I think he is cooked.

4 and half years on the senior list for a total of 6 AFL games.
Max could have been playing his 100th game for the club against the Crows.

If Max can ever regain a spot after 3 knee recos as a ruckman it will be one of the all time great sporting stories.

I hate to be a negative Nelly but I think he is cooked.

Except they really rate him at Waverley.

There is also all the (admittedly unconfirmed) talk about his 'weak' knees now being 'fixed'

He's our very own 6 Million Dollar Man! "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him...better than he was before...better...stronger...faster..."

(The old farts know what the hell I'm on about)

Except they really rate him at Waverley.

There is also all the (admittedly unconfirmed) talk about his 'weak' knees now being 'fixed'

He's our very own 6 Million Dollar Man! "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him...better than he was before...better...stronger...faster..."

(The old farts know what the hell I'm on about)
I'll consider myself an old fart then. :p

I can still remember the opening sequence, it used to scare me a bit as a kid... but I found it strangely alluring. Must've been a combination of that voice and the beeping sounds in the background.

I can still remember the opening sequence, it used to scare me a bit as a kid... but I found it strangely alluring. Must've been a combination of that voice and the beeping sounds in the background.

Exactly the same here...it was spooky..so much so I just had to check it out again after I posted.

[YOUTUBE]HofoK_QQxGc[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll consider myself an old fart then. :p

me three :thumbsu:

If I had the bionic eye I would of used it for evil not for the good of man kind....this coupled with running at 60+km/hr would of made going down the shop for some milk shitloads easier :eek:

Imagine Noose with a bionic eye

wonderwoman-superman.jpg

Hopefully Young/Bateman return vs Dons

Brown/Gibson against the Dogs

Hooper/Taylor in the mix a couple of weeks after.

It almost seems to good to be true:)

by all reports Hooper's hamstring is a bit of a mess, so reckon it's worth a lenghty 6-8 week rest and get him ready for our challenge come sept. such a shame as he's been really exciting in the few games he's played. but yeah, in terms of X factor, has Stewie Dew written all over him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back