Certified Legendary Thread Discussion arising from Shhhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Fly halves are similar to a 5/8 in rugby league if anyone knows that position through watching the storm. They’re attacking players who also direct play, usually one of the first users of the ball in an attacking run. They are usually partly or equally responsible for the kicking game of the side also. They can generally defend better than the scrum halves/halfbacks - and at least in rugby league the 5/8 can generally slot into the back row of the scrum and play as a ball running forward. Versatile attacking players - quite often players who played both codes have gone on to play 5/8 at NRL level (Laurie Daley and Trent Barrett as examples).

Without seeing the kid play I’d say inside midfielder is the likely position they’d play depending on the transferable skills.

I reckon in Rugby League you tend to see more 'unicorn' talents than in any other sport, some fellas just look a different package altogether than the guys they play amongst.
Laurie Daley is one for mine. Literally made my draw drop watching him play. Un-believable talent.

I reckon in Rugby League you tend to see more 'unicorn' talents than in any other sport, some fellas just look a different package altogether than the guys they play amongst.
Laurie Daley is one for mine. Literally made my draw drop watching him play. Un-believable talent.
If his talent didn't drop you then his nose certainly would've 😂

The afl.com article saying that will now have 3 irish boys on our list with O'Hara joining fellow countrymen Conor Glass and Conor Nash. Who da faq does the research when writing these articles.

muppet-facepalm.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back