Certified Legendary Thread Discussion arising from Shhhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion of shhhhh’s earlier post can start here.

Allow me to reintroduce myself, fellow Hawks.

Shhhhh hears that barring some unforeseen surprise during trade week, Patton will indeed be a Hawk in 2020.

Shhhhh has also heard that the HFC are quite happy with where they sit regarding Coniglio, but not so much with the AFL’s involvement.

We can start here.

Discussion of shhhhh’s earlier post can start here.

We can start here.

So when a Free Agent for example “Sits Out “ the last couple months till the end of the season with a knee injury, does that mean they are off to another club ? 🤔🤔🤔

Dusty = No knee injury stays at Richmond. 2017
Lynch = Knee injury leaves Goldcoast for Richmond. 2018
Cognilio = Knee injury leaves GWS for Hawthorn. 2019

I see a “ Patton “ here....😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Patton at his best "big yes", hopefully our medicos are confident they can keep him on the park

Cogs would add to an already dangerous midfield of Mitchell, JOM, Worpel and Wingard.

Patton should not cost much as far as trade value, but whats the deal with Cogs? is it RFA and if so will the Giants match an offer?

If Cogs comes to the hawks then deals will be done, say around the price we pay for Payton and the fact that we’ll pick up the full amount of his final year of his heavily back ended contract etc., such that they won’t match.

And fair enough too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cogs comes to the hawks then deals will be done, say around the price we pay for Payton and the fact that we’ll pick up the full amount of his final year of his heavily back ended contract etc., such that they won’t match.

And fair enough too.
We don't have to pay Patton's GWS salary if Patton agrees to a new contract with the Hawks on our terms. Neither does GWS.

Patton at his best "big yes", hopefully our medicos are confident they can keep him on the park

Cogs would add to an already dangerous midfield of Mitchell, JOM, Worpel and Wingard.

Patton should not cost much as far as trade value, but whats the deal with Cogs? is it RFA and if so will the Giants match an offer?
Apparently Patton is fit to play in the 2’s but GWS and Hawks have come to an agreement to keep him of the park

Apparently Patton is fit to play in the 2’s but GWS and Hawks have come to an agreement to keep him of the park
mutual agreement about not playing says a lot about how much of a disaster the gws salary cap is. they would rather he doesn't play (and trade him) vs he does play and the associated risk he re-injures his knee which would result in him seeing out his contract for 2020 - let that sink in.

mutual agreement about not playing says a lot about how much of a disaster the gws salary cap is. they would rather he doesn't play (and trade him) vs he does play and the associated risk he re-injures his knee which would result in him seeing out his contract for 2020 - let that sink in.
Did they assume the COLA was going to continue, thereby covering one or two big salaries? The Syds getting Franko might have stuffed it for everyone.
Anyway their incompetence is our adantage.:)

Did they assume the COLA was going to continue, thereby covering one or two big salaries? The Syds getting Franko might have stuffed it for everyone.
Anyway their incompetence is our adantage.:)
They assumed they were in their window and going to win a flag or two.
They knowingly put themselves in this situation banking on getting success out of this list and being willing to bleed players every year to other clubs to keep under the cap.
They've gotten it half right....

They knowingly put themselves in this situation banking on getting success out of this list and being willing to bleed players every year to other clubs to keep under the cap.
There is also a certain amount of moral hazard involved.
Sydney know the AFL will bail them out, or underwrite their operations, no matter how bad their deals are.

To be fair they did make the GF in 2014 and 2016 and got totally screwed in the 2016 decider

There is also a certain amount of moral hazard involved.
Sydney know the AFL will bail them out, or underwrite their operations, no matter how bad their deals are.
To be fair they did make the GF in 2014 and 2016 and got totally screwed in the 2016 decider

I was talking about GWS who also received COLA

And the ability after winning a flag to suggest to players they all take slight unders and stick together and go for Back-to-Back. Similar to many Hawthorn players.

Though I remember Lewis saying he never took unders. Though that could simply mean he always agreed the price with Hawthorn - where he could have chased bigger money elsewhere.

And the ability after winning a flag to suggest to players they all take slight unders and stick together and go for Back-to-Back. Similar to many Hawthorn players.

Though I remember Lewis saying he never took unders. Though that could simply mean he always agreed the price with Hawthorn - where he could have chased bigger money elsewhere.

I thought Lewis was the other way?

I heard when we started bringing in others and paying them money to get them through the door, he was pissed that he had taken cuts for many years, hence his decision to go after a bigger contract at the Dees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back