Certified Legendary Thread Discussion arising from Shhhhhh

Lord Mud of Glenferrie

Club Legend
Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 13, 2008
Tied to an oxygen tube
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canetoads Bulls Gunners Packers
Does that mean some older chaps might be collecting super at the Dogs and Gold Coast?

I hope we can keep Breust and Gunner.

I would think that if we offload Bruest and Gunners then we are in full rebuild mode. I don't think that is the aim of the club.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
And Billyc if you don’t want to believe that, that’s okay
4554CF92-DC1B-4B3D-9735-B5121E5A9564.jpeg

I would think that if we offload Bruest and Gunners then we are in full rebuild mode. I don't think that is the aim of the club.
I think I’ve been reading this thread too much; last night I had a dream that we traded Breust to Melbourne during the half time break of a preliminary final we were playing against them. And then he kicked a fluky goal with 10 seconds on the clock to win the game for them.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
The thing with these two points, is that the final outcome doesn't mean they weren't true at the time. Shiel signing with Essendon isn't proof that he wasn't at our BnF with Clarko, just that the assumption you made from it was wrong. Cogs signing with GWS doesn't prove that he hadn't actually agreed to sign with Hawthorn. All it proves is that something changed and for whatever reason they decided not to sign with us.

I've heard the "Cogs done deal to Hawthorn" from far too many different sources for me to doubt it was true at some point in time. Given nearly all of these reports were said with such certainty, rather than simply over confidence, I'm very suspect that something has happened behind the scenes with Gil.

Shiel comments were confident, but they were never said with the absolute certainty that the Cogs ones have been.

We are told that tambling stayed with hawks recruiter Buckenara during the 2004 draft, bur hawthorn selected jarryd roughead instead

I think I’ve been reading this thread too much; last night I had a dream that we traded Breust to Melbourne during the half time break of a preliminary final we were playing against them. And then he kicked a fluky goal with 10 seconds on the clock to win the game for them.
Live trading mid game? Delete this post, you might give Gil and Hocking some ideas!

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For those who haven't heard:

The rumor is that McEvoy and a part assortment of (Smith, Pick 10, 2020 2nd round) to GWS for Whitfield.

The other rumor:

Sicily to St Kilda on a 950 thousand year deal and captaincy. Something about his dad talking about it.

Personally, I want Whitfield.... just becomes a question of value at the trade table. Sicily is untouchable.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

The rumor is that McEvoy and a part assortment of (Smith, Pick 10, 2020 2nd round) to GWS for Whitfield.

The other rumor:

Sicily to St Kilda on a 950 thousand year deal and captaincy. Something about his dad talking about it.

Personally, I want Whitfield.... just becomes a question of value at the trade table. Sicily is untouchable.
You'd reckon Sicily would be hungry for a premiership. I could imagine him being poached by Richmond or even Collingwood but Saints? ...Doesn't make any sense - unless he reckons Sam Frost is really that bad.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You'd reckon Sicily would be hungry for a premiership. I could imagine him being poached by Richmond or even Collingwood but Saints? ...Doesn't make any sense - unless he reckons Sam Frost is really that bad.

Haha.

What makes me sick about the rumor is the role of Ratten and Roughy in it, if true. Hard to see how the Saints can get Hill and Sicily with picks 5 and 50-something.

The other rumor:

950 thousand years is a bloody long time to contract a player, even for a club like Sydney :tearsofjoy:

The other rumor:

Sicily would easily command a pick around 6-10. There is no way he’s traded unless he wants out.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sicily would easily command a pick around 6-10. There is no way he’s traded unless he wants out.

Yeah.

In my twisted imagination, the only way it happens is if we end up with Brad Hill. The Saints don't have the picks to get them both done, or even the players to trade.

But "if" Sicily wants out, you know the Hawks will let him go, for value.

Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

The other rumor:

That’s just really silly, just when you think we’re at rock bottom in the footy rumour stakes....

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Did Shhhhh say any of this? and if not then we know the drill.

Find the right thread.

Back