Unofficial Preview Discussion, Changes? Round 22 v Cats @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no change unless someone is injured.
Rayner doing his job.
Yes his form not been great at times although coach has faith so should we.
He still does a lot of 1% I think people miss. He also has a X factor and can do something magic.

We had a few players down on their best last night and how much did we win by.
Happens every game Lyon 30+ and Neale 20. We are not one dimensional and need one player to lift like some teams.
I say Zorko our most important cog if you want to name just one.

What do people expect each of our 6-8 forwards each kick 4-5 goals every game?
Someone gets 3+ and we spread the goals around. Makes it hard for them to stop..

By my calculations we will likely need to win our last two to get a home final. Lose next week and we're under the gun as far as that goes. The one team I don't want to play in the finals if they make it is the Dogs

I'm hoping we'll seal top 4 spot next week. Geelong don't look that solid, we can surely beat them at Gabba.

Couple of club milestones next week too; Dan McStay plays his 100th, Alex Witherden his 50th and if I read correctly, Linc McCarthy plays overall game no.50 too.

Time also to break another hoodoo by beating Geelong the first time since round 13, 2013. Remarkably, we've only beaten Geelong twice since 2005 (once in 2013 and the other in round 15, 2009.)

But looking at the situation overall I'd say there's no chance of the club not getting finals footy into Cam now that the opportunity is here . They've stuck this far, he's shown some signs of improvement the last few games . At least he's going to be hard in the contest , loved that bump in the Dogs game .

Exactly.

The match committee have obviously decided that come hell or high water they will pump games into their blue chip investment in Raynor.

Playing NEAFL won't extend him, playing finals will open his eyes to what is expected at that level and he is part of the fibre of the best 22.

It's just not worth punting on Keays or Matho to make the difference in a finals campaign over embedding Cam into the firsts squad.

Cam doesn’t deserved to be dropped, simply can’t see it happening either.

He’s playing a role that none of the mention reserve players can cover to the standard he is/can play at. Keays did play a really nice game last time he got the call up, but simply doesn’t offer that true marking/goal threat the Cam does.

Cams has a big couple of weeks coming up, with his likely opponents being Stewart / Vlastuin. We simply need to have a dangerous opponent on them to keep them honest, or theyll be zoning off and intercepting all game.

Round 21 complete, this game will be 1st v 2nd.

Sellout crowd against the ladder leaders, we have to stand up after what happened the last time the spotlight was on us against the Magpies earlier in the year, so much to play for.

Lllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooonnss!

Round 21 complete, this game will be 1st v 2nd.

Sellout crowd against the ladder leaders, we have to stand up after what happened the last time the spotlight was on us against the Magpies earlier in the year, so much to play for.

Lllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooonnss!

I'm so nervous we will fluff it again in the pressure cooker but we've been killing it the last 2 months. Stress mode will be activated Sat Arvo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We kicked 91 points from stoppage clearances against the Suns, just need to watch out as Geelong will try to suffocate that flow. We need to outrun them on the rebound, direct and through the corridor as they aren’t a particularly quick side.

Apart from Kelly, Miers and a couple others the Cats are slower than treacle. Even Danger is not fast. Selwood and Gazza are shadows of their former selves. Their bigger bodies will test us, as will their centre clearance work. They have the stingiest defence going around. But Cameron and our other small forwards could test them. Did I mention I don't like Hawkins?

Apart from Kelly, Miers and a couple others the Cats are slower than treacle. Even Danger is not fast. Selwood and Gazza are shadows of their former selves. Their bigger bodies will test us, as will their centre clearance work. They have the stingiest defence going around. But Cameron and our other small forwards could test them. Did I mention I don't like Hawkins?
We need to run them all over the park. Gas them then slice them up.

Their defence was rock solid last night but conditions on their own turf suited them

Many years ago I respected the likes of J.Selwood and many of the other Geelong players and their club. I then watched them at the Gabba and I never saw a bigger bunch of sooks in my life and ever since thought of them as entitled little pricks. Thus hope we put them back in their place this Saturday afternoon.

Many years ago I respected the likes of J.Selwood and many of the other Geelong players and their club. I then watched them at the Gabba and I never saw a bigger bunch of sooks in my life and ever since thought of them as entitled little pricks. Thus hope we put them back in their place this Saturday afternoon.

Hawkins, Selwood, Ablett, Dangerfield

4 of the sookiest, albeit talented, players in the AFL. Just watch how often they play for frees.

Hawkins, Selwood, Ablett, Dangerfield

4 of the sookiest, albeit talented, players in the AFL. Just watch how often they play for frees.
Have to agree on this one.

Every time Danger gets a free paid against him he throws the toys out of the cot.

Selwood is just a complete whinger on the field . Ablett ,well say no more , sooks like a 5 year old when it doesn't go his way.

Yeah ,they're not very likeable are they.

Definitely no changes but a lot of work on centre clearances especially for the first quarter

V Melbourne we dominated them in centre clearances and they are a team that usually excels in that area. Strange that recently we've gone back to it being a concern

Couple of club milestones next week too; Dan McStay plays his 100th, Alex Witherden his 50th and if I read correctly, Linc McCarthy plays overall game no.50 too.

Time also to break another hoodoo by beating Geelong the first time since round 13, 2013. Remarkably, we've only beaten Geelong twice since 2005 (once in 2013 and the other in round 15, 2009.)

Before 2005 Geelong hadn't beaten the Lions since 1995 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back