Coaching Staff Discussion on coaching panel 2020 Who stays, who goes

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
With all due respect Bedders, the only one saying that Macca will be the next coach is you.
It's highly likely he will move away as a next level assistant with another club rather than coach our club right after Horse, & I base this on the very points you raised in your post. I agree with you but not with the bit about Macca taking over from Horse.
I'm only saying because he's never done anything wrong in some eyes , you only had to look at his selfish decision to play in 16 when he wasn't fit . Became a great player of our club , but took him a long time to become a good consistent player

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
With all due respect Bedders, the only one saying that Macca will be the next coach is you.
It's highly likely he will move away as a next level assistant with another club rather than coach our club right after Horse, & I base this on the very points you raised in your post. I agree with you but not with the bit about Macca taking over from Horse.

Yeah I've got Cox taking over from Horse as an almost certainty. Cox has come from a successful West Coast program and has been seen working with the team quite a bit, it's obvious that Horse bounces ideas off him during games and it seems like Cox has a fair bit of input during the game with regards to tactical tweaks.
I do like the idea of coaches going to a different club and learning under different coaches, either during their playing days or coaching career, I definitely think that has some merit, and McVeigh could be well served spending a few years somewhere else. But I don't think McVeigh is anywhere near taking over.

Back