Preview Discussion surrounding the Geelong Game at the Spuddery

I am glad my mate who is a cats member got me some Lounge/cooperate box tickets! Its going to be miserable

Translation: smoking ice in the dunnies inside the ground, instead of the carpark outside.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Translation: smoking ice in the dunnies inside the ground, instead of the carpark outside.

I can't help but notice you've been denigrating the good reputation of the greater Geelong region.

Have some respect. They're a club with a rich history. In fact at most home games you'll see 7-8 generations of proud Geelong families concurrently sitting in the stands.

I can't help but notice you've been denigrating the good reputation of the greater Geelong region.

Have some respect. They're a club with a rich history. In fact at most home games you'll see 7-8 generations of proud Geelong families concurrently sitting in the stands.
I chortled more than I should have.

Truly gold.

Also, if Geelong are the high water mark for the league in adults painting their faces at games, are we bottom? I don't think I've ever seen a single North adult with a painted face.

Albeit in Geelong it is probably a good way to be able to attend the footy despite having robbed a servo in the local area the night before.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Truly gold.

Also, if Geelong are the high water mark for the league in adults painting their faces at games, are we the sandy beach? I don't think I've ever seen a single North adult with a painted face.

Albeit in Geelong it is probably a good way to be able to attend the footy despite having robbed a servo in the local area the night before.

It's also a creative method they use to meet ethnic diversity recommendations without actually letting any migrants in.

When I say "robbed a servo" I mean having driven your own car to the servo and menaced the attendant with a plastic axe from a showbag you got into 1997 before being chased out of said servo by 147cm 45kg Sri Lankan attendant, not before having stacked into a massive display of Pringles, then streaking out of the carpark in a blaze of glory only to stack into a passing booze bus.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
When I say "robbed a servo" I mean having driven your own car to the servo and menaced the attendant with a plastic axe from a showbag you got into 1997 before being chased out of said servo by 147cm 45kg Sri Lankan attendant, not before having stacked into a massive display of Pringles, then streaking out of the carpark in a blaze of glory only to stack into a passing booze bus and being named lord mayor.

Efa.

Did you know that the "Dunt" scenes in that first Chris Lilley thing, We Can be Heroes, were shot in Lara?

Literally Lara stood in perfectly for an abadoned rural town in outback South Australia.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Did you know that the "Dunt" scenes in that first Chris Lilley thing, We Can be Heroes, were shot in Lara?

Literally Lara stood in perfectly for an abadoned rural town in outback South Australia.

The main production costs would've been around moving the 30+ broken utes out of the frame because it looked "unrealistic".

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Hang on, so Nick Blakey did end up nominating us?

Going to be a lot of backpedaling around these parts.

Thought I’d jump online and get some tickets for the game seen it’s close to home. Well bugger me if that club isn’t taking the piss. They have been given I’m guessing over $200million in the last 10 years to build the joint and get every cent into the coffers and are charging $45 minimum for a seat.

$45 for a seat with zero cover at ground level at the city end. Make it $70 for one behind the goals at the other end up the top level and $80 on the members wing. Seen it’s forecast to piss down to sit under cover would be about $200 for one bloody game.

If it was just the boys we would smash piss in the standing area in ponchos but stuff that.

Bank the cash for next years membership I think.

Gave up years ago. They get enough of my money in tax dollars without me handing over more to support their team.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So it’s gonna be a wet one Saturday night.

Anderson in for LDU is obvious.

It also think Larkey should get a weeks rest. Narrow ground, right defence and wet conditions, mean he’s probably not in the team.

So either in Campbell if they want to increase and advantage in the ruck with likely plenty of ball ups. Or Hosie.

Back