Disgusted at the 49ers

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Anyone on here who has read my posts knows that I call a spade of spade. I don’t cream puff things, I say it as it is. Some people take exception to my comments about the 49ers and Montana. They perceive them to be biased.

Just to prove I am not biased, and that I do call a spade of spade, here is a crack at the 49ers.

The 49ers, in what can only be described as an inexplicable transaction, purchased a stake in Leeds United FC (Leeds). For anyone who knows nothing about football (hereonin referred to as "soccer" for the purpose of this OP) or is braindead, Leeds is a professional soccer club based in Leeds, England.​

Can someone please explain to me why a professional sporting organisation would buy another professional sporting organisation? What benefits are there to be gained? Are the 49ers seeking to alienate its existing fan base? Because that’s what it risks doing.​

We do not live in an NFL vacuum. Most of us follow teams in other codes because we have lives and different tastes. I follow Liverpool which competes in the same league as Leeds. In fact, they played against each other in the opening round of the league last weekend. Because of a hiding Leeds gave Liverpool in the early 2000s and because of their fans, I don’t particularly like Leeds (no one really does). I now feel conflicted because the NFL franchise that I grew up loving, the 49ers, owns a stake in a soccer club I do not like. Again, are the 49ers seeking to alienate its existing fan base?​

Here is a comment I read on a website last night:​

"The San Francisco 49ers are ready to play an active role in helping Leeds become a Premier League force both on and off the field following the club’s promotion to English soccer’s top flight for the first time since 2004."​

First of all you can’t polish a turd. If the 49ers are seeking to increase its exposure, don’t buy Leeds. Secondly, even if you bought a traditionally successful soccer club like Real Madrid or Manchester United, you still risk alienating your existing fan base. Whilst I don’t like Leeds, I ‘hate’ Manchester United.​

A few years ago there were rumours sweeping social media that Manchester United was going to buy Melbourne Victory. I am a Melbourne Victory member. Thankfully it was just a rumour but for a while there I was contemplating life as a non A-League fan. I honestly do not know what I would have done if the story was true.​

So to the 49ers, if you happen to be Googling and you stumble across this, I am a Niners fan, but I can’t say I’m thrilled with your bullshit acquisition. Maybe stick to farking trying to win a Super Bowl rather than trying to help another org win its respective league, you twats.​

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F8b1119ab-6ef2-448f-88bc-2f24427c60a2_480x360.gif

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is absolutely outrageous that a business would acquire another one in an effort to make money

Why do you think your opinions are that good or groundbreaking that 1) you post them in multiple places, and 2) can't just post it in the weekly thread like the rest of us?

No one gives a s**t mate, put it where we can ignore it as we all routinely ignore each other's opinions.

Fenway sports group own the Boston Redsocks and bought Liverpool

Owners purchase teams as assets they can hold onto a sell later on at a higher price

Hell Lebron James has like a 2% share in Liverpool, I don't really like Lebron James but I'm a mad Liverpool supporter. And honestly I couldn't give a * who owns the club

I'm sure there are quite a few other rich folk who owns teams in different leagues

Owners purchase teams as assets they can hold onto a sell later on at a higher price

Hell Lebron James has like a 2% share in Liverpool, I don't really like Lebron James but I'm a mad Liverpool supporter. And honestly I couldn't give a fu** who owns the club

I'm sure there are quite a few other rich folk who owns teams in different leagues
Op wouldn’t have been aware even though he apparently supports them. Probably not even aware that the Glazers own Man Utd. Must have finished school early today for end of term

Hell Lebron James has like a 2% share in Liverpool, I don't really like Lebron James but I'm a mad Liverpool supporter. And honestly I couldn't give a fu** who owns the club

Pop onto a Manchester United forum and ask them how they feel about Woodward and the Glazers.

Pop onto a Manchester United forum and ask them how they feel about Woodward and the Glazers.
Lol not the owners fault their managers have done * all lately

FSG have done magnificent things with Liverpool

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Therein lies the point: Liverpool ownership invested and delivered success and thus, affording commentary as such.
Either way the topic was about owners having ownership of 2 teams/franchises and that alienating a certain percentage of the supporter base

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind that because a) Liverpool as a going concern does not own the Redsox and vice versa, and b) who really cares about baseball?

Why do you think your opinions are that good or groundbreaking that 1) you post them in multiple places, and 2) can't just post it in the weekly thread like the rest of us?

No one gives a sh*t mate, put it where we can ignore it as we all routinely ignore each other's opinions.

Keep drilling into my OPs. keep responding to my OPs that you don't care what I have to stay and keep being bitter, but I still think you're a ******* top bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back