Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
I am completely shattered at the moment,seen it coming but was hoping the hawthorn game,that it was just a loss of concentration in the second quarter.
I am stiil scratching myself how we have even won 5 games playing that ugly football. I was hoping that things would really fall in place today, they did, unfortunatley just like previous games, I was 1/2 hoping it was going to get better. I am feeling terrible that I can ever remember, following this team since inception.I have never missed a home game except for family reasons ( a few times) but never for "not being able to stomach" that s**t we are serving. I am serioulsy contemplating not going to the Adelaide game as I can not for the life of me see anything changing
The embarrising losses a starting to happen and we are looking more like a wooden spoon team. I think that it caused by by a combination of both the coach and his game plan and our players being very poor at the moment. A lot of them don't appear to be AFL standard. It is obvious that Barlow & Mundy are only 1/2 the players that they were and you would think if we had any replacements they would be dropped. I am bewilderd how we can not get the ball out of the centre. Aaron played a whole lot better under Harvey's plan, well he seemed to dominate more, he isn't as effective as last year.
The most worrying thing is that we CAN NOT hit the score board anymore, it's a shambles down in our forward line. I thought we were in it,what happened after 1/2 time??? It seemed a different team after 1/2 time ???
I have no idea where to from here ??? can anybody instill some confidence,the players must be shattered and shell shocked at the moment,I am not so sure they can come out of it. Other teams will be licking there lips playing us, put some real pressure on and we grumble.

Too many words, stopped reading. None of us are happy about the loss, soul destroying if you choose to invest too much of yourself into this team which is out of our control.

I think the biggest problem with this team is that there are so few positives, this game plan is ugly, the only excitement is the odd break through into the forward line.

Watching Gossip Girl is more enjoyable then watching Freo this last month. Can't believe Blair and Chuck split up they were so cute as a couple. Blair's new romance with the prince won't last as I can tell she still has feelings for Chuck. Then the surprise pregnancy, who is the father? The drama, the tension, the excitement and shocks.

Great entertainment.

Same same. Have been a member from day 1.
Watched the Eurovision song contest tonight on SBS that was more entertaining.
The contestants from Turkey were dressed up in a semi nautical theme and in the background were these images of anchors floating all over the place. Not quite sure what it reminded me of but word association Turkey and Anchor made a profound statement.

I must say I don't miss the AFL all that much living in Texas. I've tried to watch us play this year when I can, but have lost a lot of interest. Not just in Freo, but in the sport in general.

The American sports are obviously on at a more reasonable time, and I find they more than satisfy my sporting fix. Thankfully the NBA and NHL finals are here for the next few weeks, then my sister is visiting and we are going on a 3-week trip. I doubt I'll even try to watch another Freo game until about Rd 16, and I don't really care.

Toughen up you lot........Gossip Girl, Eurovision & Seppo sports....I know everyone hates losing but this is going too far.

We will turn it around, listening to Ross's presser he was admitting our midfield is a weakness and was talking about bringing in Sheridan, Walters & Crozier. Things will get better....We have a tough month ahead but it will be good to see these guys get a run....plus Mora will be back soon.....then Fyfe...

Watching Gossip Girl is more enjoyable then watching Freo this last month. Can't believe Blair and Chuck split up they were so cute as a couple. Blair's new romance with the prince won't last as I can tell she still has feelings for Chuck. Then the surprise pregnancy, who is the father? The drama, the tension, the excitement and shocks.

Great entertainment.

I can give you plenty of spoilers if you want. :D

Toughen up you lot........Gossip Girl, Eurovision & Seppo sports....I know everyone hates losing but this is going too far.

We will turn it around, listening to Ross's presser he was admitting our midfield is a weakness and was talking about bringing in Sheridan, Walters & Crozier. Things will get better....We have a tough month ahead but it will be good to see these guys get a run....plus Mora will be back soon.....then Fyfe...

Weren't we saying the same thing about Barlow and Mundy?

I am completely shattered at the moment,seen it coming but was hoping the hawthorn game,that it was just a loss of concentration in the second quarter.
I am stiil scratching myself how we have even won 5 games playing that ugly football. I was hoping that things would really fall in place today, they did, unfortunatley just like previous games, I was 1/2 hoping it was going to get better. I am feeling terrible that I can ever remember, following this team since inception.I have never missed a home game except for family reasons ( a few times) but never for "not being able to stomach" that s**t we are serving. I am serioulsy contemplating not going to the Adelaide game as I can not for the life of me see anything changing
The embarrising losses a starting to happen and we are looking more like a wooden spoon team. I think that it caused by by a combination of both the coach and his game plan and our players being very poor at the moment. A lot of them don't appear to be AFL standard. It is obvious that Barlow & Mundy are only 1/2 the players that they were and you would think if we had any replacements they would be dropped. I am bewilderd how we can not get the ball out of the centre. Aaron played a whole lot better under Harvey's plan, well he seemed to dominate more, he isn't as effective as last year.
The most worrying thing is that we CAN NOT hit the score board anymore, it's a shambles down in our forward line. I thought we were in it,what happened after 1/2 time??? It seemed a different team after 1/2 time ???
I have no idea where to from here ??? can anybody instill some confidence,the players must be shattered and shell shocked at the moment,I am not so sure they can come out of it. Other teams will be licking there lips playing us, put some real pressure on and we grumble.

The game plan is solid and proven... im sick of people bagging the game plan... the problem is clearly with the players. you could have them playing a more attacking plan etc but the same problems will occur the only difference would be that we would get pumped by even more.

our midfield is C grade, our forwardline is G grade. we dont have the talent required, players are getting found out.

Its a shame, but we need a complete rebuild, I have said it before, and will say it again.... there are only 4 or 5 players who should be considered "safe" within this organisation. Fyfe, Hill, Crozier, Sheridan and possibly clarke... everyone else should be on notice... we need a couple of decent power forwards and a couple of decent mids... unfortunately we are looking like we are "richmonding" ourselves and will not bottom out low enough to obtain the high end talent...

right now i think we are going to have to offer up something to GWS or GC to try and get some decent picks... Id seriously entertain the thought of packaging up griffin, suban, mzungu and maybe even a barlow to try and get some premium picks.

Ross Lyon is a brillaint footy brain, im not sure even he saw just how bad our list was... at least he is talking about blooding youth now... sheridan and crozier here we come :):thumbsu:

I must say I don't miss the AFL all that much living in Texas. I've tried to watch us play this year when I can, but have lost a lot of interest. Not just in Freo, but in the sport in general.

The American sports are obviously on at a more reasonable time, and I find they more than satisfy my sporting fix. Thankfully the NBA and NHL finals are here for the next few weeks, then my sister is visiting and we are going on a 3-week trip. I doubt I'll even try to watch another Freo game until about Rd 16, and I don't really care.

Well then you have nothing left to say, not even sure what the point of your post was...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt the Saints only win about 50% of their games in year 1 with Ross as coach? He has made big changes and you all expect the team to instantly get it right. Grow a brain people

Didnt the Saints only win about 50% of their games in year 1 with Ross as coach? He has made big changes and you all expect the team to instantly get it right. Grow a brain people
The Saints went 11-10-1 and finished 9th. They steadily improved in 2008 and rapidly jumped up the ladder in 2009 before correcting a little across 2010 and 2011.

The game plan is solid and proven... im sick of people bagging the game plan... the problem is clearly with the players. you could have them playing a more attacking plan etc but the same problems will occur the only difference would be that we would get pumped by even more.

The game plan is outdated and out of touch with reality today. Is that a hard concept to follow?

Ross Lyon is a one-trick pony and lacks a Plan B, C + D (No, moving Zac Dawson forward doesn't count either).

The players yesterday were ****ing dreadful but when you focus on defense, defense, defense, well, it's little surprise that we served up the s**t we did yesterday.

My disillusion is how attack, flair and excitement have been ironed out of the Fremantle Football Club and that's more of an indictment than anything.

I actually compared the Points For in every season after 9 games and the result was staggering though unsurprising.

In 9 games this year, we've scored 679 (averaging 75.4 points per game)

The next lowest total after 9 games in any year is 705 in 1998.

I think that's the biggest indictment more than anything.

If you want to defend the game plan KPR, that's your right but try defending our abysmal non-existant attack as part of that game plan. Infinitely less talented Freo sides in years gone by have scored more than this combination.

Ross Lyon is anti-scoring and anti-attack and enough is enough.

The players are a bunch of pea hearts with s**t for brains and enough is enough.

The board are sitting there going "she'll be right, it'll come good and Freo will be a powerhouse" and they're living in a ****ing dream world.

By the way, Eurovision actually brightened up my TV viewing yesterday which I think shows how Ross Lyon has completely destroyed Fremantle football.

Eurovision >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> s**t Freo are serving up under Ross Lyon.

EDIT: Inb4 this thread dies in the arse or gets locked because I posted in it #negativeandtrue

The game plan is outdated and out of touch with reality today. Is that a hard concept to follow?

Ross Lyon is a one-trick pony and lacks a Plan B, C + D (No, moving Zac Dawson forward doesn't count either).

The players yesterday were ****ing dreadful but when you focus on defense, defense, defense, well, it's little surprise that we served up the s**t we did yesterday.

My disillusion is how attack, flair and excitement have been ironed out of the Fremantle Football Club and that's more of an indictment than anything.

I actually compared the Points For in every season after 9 games and the result was staggering though unsurprising.

In 9 games this year, we've scored 679 (averaging 75.4 points per game)

The next lowest total after 9 games in any year is 705 in 1998.

I think that's the biggest indictment more than anything.

If you want to defend the game plan KPR, that's your right but try defending our abysmal non-existant attack as part of that game plan. Infinitely less talented Freo sides in years gone by have scored more than this combination.

Ross Lyon is anti-scoring and anti-attack and enough is enough.

The players are a bunch of pea hearts with s**t for brains and enough is enough.

The board are sitting there going "she'll be right, it'll come good and Freo will be a powerhouse" and they're living in a ****ing dream world.

By the way, Eurovision actually brightened up my TV viewing yesterday which I think shows how Ross Lyon has completely destroyed Fremantle football.

Eurovision >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> s**t Freo are serving up under Ross Lyon.

EDIT: Inb4 this thread dies in the arse or gets locked because I posted in it #negativeandtrue

how would you know about defence when you cant even spell the word?

hard to have back up plans when you have complete rubbish to deal with, regardless, ross has shown numerous times that he has plans A, B and C... beating the saints was a coaching masterclass, even last week, having hill shut down rioli after ibbotson let him run loose.... the coach is only as good as his players, and we have loads of bog-ordinary players

how many of those games have we had well over 40 inside 50's though?

how many times have we kicked points instead of goals? the last two games have been shocking, but seriously, if wwe had of kicked straight against the lions we would have won by 100 points... the fact is, is that we have an ordinary midfield, and when we actually DO get the ball forward, we have a bog-ordinary forwardline who when they actually win a contest in the forwardline, they miss the shot at goal more often than not anyway. lyon has inherited a rubbish list... could they coach better, yes, lyon admitted as much yesterday, but is that the problem? no way... we have minimal talent is the crux of the problem... thats the fact

how would you know about defence when you cant even spell the word?

Means the same but I didn't know we had spelling police here. Shall keep that in mind for next time

hard to have back up plans when you have complete rubbish to deal with, regardless, ross has shown numerous times that he has plans A, B and C... beating the saints was a coaching masterclass, even last week, having hill shut down rioli after ibbotson let him run loose.... the coach is only as good as his players, and we have loads of bog-ordinary players

Beating the Saints was impressive and slowly won me over, I'll admit as much.

You're talking individual back up plan (as I did in my example of Zac Dawson) but my worry is there's no plan B for the team structure.

Yesterday we played defensive for the first half and defensive for the second half. Nothing changed. We flooded and flooded some more. No alternative whatsoever.

Instead of being proactive, Ross has coached us to be reactive to the opposition rather than taking the game on with flair and excitement. That's a pretty big issue here too.

As for your comment about the coach being as good as his players, I'd be careful there as that goes against the theme of the board where the majority believe Ross is the best etc etc etc.

how many of those games have we had well over 40 inside 50's though?

Quite a few but why haven't we done better with them?

Lack of forward line structure?
Poor quality of forward line entries?

That if I'm not mistaken is the responsibility of Lyon and Sumich and they're both failing miserably.

how many times have we kicked points instead of goals? the last two games have been shocking, but seriously, if wwe had of kicked straight against the lions we would have won by 100 points... the fact is, is that we have an ordinary midfield, and when we actually DO get the ball forward, we have a bog-ordinary forwardline who when they actually win a contest in the forwardline, they miss the shot at goal more often than not anyway.

Responsibility of skills coach or forward line coach, unsure which but again it all links back to the game plan.

lyon has inherited a rubbish list... could they coach better, yes, lyon admitted as much yesterday, but is that the problem? no way... we have minimal talent is the crux of the problem... thats the fact

The list isn't actually that bad in all honesty. What you'll find is the game plan is completely unsuitable for the list we have and that's 75% of the issue here.

our midfield is C grade, our forwardline is G grade. we dont have the talent required, players are getting found out.

Its a shame, but we need a complete rebuild, I have said it before, and will say it again.... there are only 4 or 5 players who should be considered "safe" within this organisation. Fyfe, Hill, Crozier, Sheridan and possibly clarke... everyone else should be on notice... we need a couple of decent power forwards and a couple of decent mids... unfortunately we are looking like we are "richmonding" ourselves and will not bottom out low enough to obtain the high end talent...

right now i think we are going to have to offer up something to GWS or GC to try and get some decent picks... Id seriously entertain the thought of packaging up griffin, suban, mzungu and maybe even a barlow to try and get some premium picks.

Ross Lyon is a brillaint footy brain, im not sure even he saw just how bad our list was... at least he is talking about blooding youth now... sheridan and crozier here we come :):thumbsu:

Well at least this draft is only marginally compromised compared to 2010-2011.

I really hope freo go all out to get Jesse hogan in the mini-draft and upgrade our first rounder to increase our odds of drafting mason shaw.
If that happens , we'd have two great young KPF prospects on our list which is something we've never had in our clubs history.
With our other picks in this draft, go hard at ball winning mids.

IMO we've got a really good foundation for quality midfield consisting of fyfe,hill,mora,Neale. Left out sherro and crozier as there not yet proven.

His post was an illustration of non-obsession about football. Kinda to the point of the thread.

Actually I thought the point was disillusionment with the fremantle football club at the moment not particularly somebody's lack of interest in footy in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back