Disney Plus

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Disney plus is dreadful, I got at as a like Star Wars.

Out of all the streaming platforms it has by far the worst content and least diverse. It’s all just kid movies. They spent all this money on content when they brought fox but refuse to show it as it’s not family friendly. Just locked it up in the old Disney vault so you can’t watch it anywhere else

Also they have ruined the Simpsons by changing the aspect ratio and trying to stretch the early seasons to 16:9

Personally I don’t like Marvel but unless you are a Star Wars or Marvel fan do not bother

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Major downside is no mature content, which seems to be housed on Hulu in the states.
Disney plus is dreadful, I got at as a like Star Wars.

Out of all the streaming platforms it has by far the worst content and least diverse. It’s all just kid movies. They spent all this money on content when they brought fox but refuse to show it as it’s not family friendly. Just locked it up in the old Disney vault so you can’t watch it anywhere else

Also they have ruined the Simpsons by changing the aspect ratio and trying to stretch the early seasons to 16:9

Personally I don’t like Marvel but unless you are a Star Wars or Marvel fan do not bother
The states version of this comes with Hulu and ESPN (though you pay extra for it.)

Beginning of the end of Hulu original programming. Once critical darlings like The Handmaid's Tale end their run I suspect.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
They claim that they are going to increase investment in Hulu. Just got no plans to make it international

I think Hulu will become where Disney put "adult" content from the vault. In practice part of Disney+ for a dollar or two extra but different branding. Comcast is selling their minority share and starting their own streaming service.

Last edited:

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Hulu will become where Disney put "adult" content from the vault. In practice part of Disney+ for a dollar or two extra but different branding. Comcast is selling their minority share and starting their own streaming service.
Yeah I agree that’s the plan but there are no plans to expand Hulu out of the USA

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
So far so good, the smart tv app works like a breeze. Quite reasonable pricing too I’d say compared to other options.

Tried watching some Simpsons this evening and I must say the full widescreen took some getting used to.

So far so good, the smart tv app works like a breeze. Quite reasonable pricing too I’d say compared to other options.

Tried watching some Simpsons this evening and I must say the full widescreen took some getting used to.
i watched some x-men. not in hd obvs and its funny how we are used to HD, everything else is odd.

the xmen intro song gives chills. da da da da daaaa daaaa da.

Back