glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Is it worth getting a year subscription now before the price hike? Or is that already been factored into pricing at the moment?

Just glancing at the fine print, it does seem there’s a window of opportunity to sign up annually prior to the price hike.

From personal experience, I’ve done the annual option since it launched (late 2019 I believe). Ends up being slightly cheaper when you break it down per month, and for fans of the Marvel, Star Wars properties alone it’s absolutely worth it IMO. Particularly now with the content that is slated for the next 12 months and beyond.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Star is coming to Disney +.

Many new titles will be shown from Feb 23. These are 20th century fox titles.

It will now cost $11.99/$119 (monthly/annual)

Titles including the the critically acclaimed (The) A Team, Armageddon, Con Air, Deadpool(s), Coyote Ugly, White Men Cant Jump.

TV show wise MASH is there amongst others.

does any one know when this goes live? i heard it was today but i just checked my disney app (im an existing subscriber) and could not find any link to disney star...

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I can’t see it on either my mobile or TV

Yeah its weird, the shows and movies that are part of the Star library are available if you search for them, but i cant see any reference to 'star' anywhere on the platform, yet. Odd also as i thought the star content required an additional pin code to seperate it from the more kid friendly disney plus content

They're probably in the process of rolling it out. I had assumed it would be going live at either 5 or 7pm since that seems standard release times.
Fair call.

If Deadpool is there surely Logan is too.
The star menu is up and I can see all the movies/series....but no Deadpool or Logan, yet.

Or Hulu shows from what I can tell. Helstrom for example.

Last edited:
Still there.

Logan and Deathpool are available once you download the latest update with Star included and set your R rating password.
Yep.

Open the mobile app, asks you to add a pin for R 18+. All movies there now.

This addition of Star is awesome although Aliens is standard edition not director's cut

I reckon Disney plus is now better value than Netflix easily
i enjoy disney + more in the sense i watch it more than netflix. but love having options!

Back