Remove this Banner Ad

Pie eyed

Premium Platinum
Jun 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
You know I reckon after you win a flag the players are free to do pretty much anything they want besides mocking your opponents.
Maybe I’m wrong here and the dees have been singing the same song the dogs have been during the season, I hope that’s the case as if they are taking the piss out of them I think it’s pretty poor form, especially after just winning the ultimate.
Thoughts?

Just weird OP.

Let them enjoy the victory.

bjwilliams

All Australian
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also, Maxy literally used “It’s Coming Home” in his post match speech. Reckon that was a dig too considering it’s also the England World Cup and Euro song?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
Haha get real OP, I 100% think they were taking the piss out of them and it’s great. Should be more of it. Moral of the story, don’t celebrate early.
Melbourne have been celebrating early too, they happened to back it up with a win.

It's a bit of breath of fresh air to be honest. Rather than going on being humble it is good to see a team talk big and dream big. It's even good to see bit of a cheeky dig at the opposition as seen at the OP. Sure these things could come back to bite, but I find it more interesting than the standard PC cliches you usually see.

danster168

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
yeah the dees definitely were taking the p!55. I think mostly because the dogs seemed to grossly over celebrate their prelim win.

Kobe wouldn't have been happy. "What's there to be happy about? Job finished? I don't think so'

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
A little hubris from the Dees, so quickly stopped enjoying the victory for itself and themselves, but for the shade they could throw on others?

plenty of ammunition for the doggies, looking forward to the rematch next season, promises to be absolutely brutal!

Stabby McGee

All Australian
Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
A little hubris from the Dees, so quickly stopped enjoying the victory for itself and themselves, but for the shade they could throw on others?

plenty of ammunition for the doggies, looking forward to the rematch next season, promises to be absolutely brutal!
Yeah coz getting smashed in a GF isn’t enough ammo they need ‘wah... they sung our song!’
fu** if that’s what drives teams these days just send out the Auskickers.

Mr north man

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Deesrespectful

anyone said this yet?
Who cares what song or celebration the Melbourne FC they won a flag for the 1st time in a long time.
Look at this eventually St.Kilda,GWS,The Suns and other clubs with a long premiership droughts will win a premiership and those club can sing and celebrate the same way if they want.
Season 2021 is over Melbourne won the premiership let’s move on I think there’s more important things going on the world like -Covid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad