Disrespectful Dees?

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
You know I reckon after you win a flag the players are free to do pretty much anything they want besides mocking your opponents.
Maybe I’m wrong here and the dees have been singing the same song the dogs have been during the season, I hope that’s the case as if they are taking the piss out of them I think it’s pretty poor form, especially after just winning the ultimate.
Thoughts?

Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
IMG-20210926-WA0019.jpg.b3623288f859f1a9e28602cd7fc35893.jpg

We were actually taking the piss out of England losing the shootout.

I mean, honestly. Do people really think the Dogs have some kind of ownership of the song that everyone has been singing when they win games of sport for about five years?

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
We were actually taking the piss out of England losing the shootout.

I mean, honestly. Do people really think the Dogs have some kind of ownership of the song that everyone has been singing when they win games of sport for about five years?

Just asking the question, big deal about the dogs singing it after the port game. Can’t recall an afl team ever singing it after a game besides the dogs.
Maybe just a massive coincidence?

Just asking the question, big deal about the dogs singing it after the port game. Can’t recall an afl team ever singing it after a game besides the dogs.
Maybe just a massive coincidence?
Not a coincidence at all. Teams that win big games sing the same catchy song.

Show me another afl side singing that song besides the dogs 2 weeks ago. Look, like I said they can do what they want just think if they are taking the piss it’s pretty poor form.
No idea man. Has their been many premiers since the euros when the song really took off?

DrPowellPepper

All Australian
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Spurs
Doggies mate messaged me about this today he thought it was poor form.
I thought if anything a bit of a cheeky dig. dogs have to live with that leaked video clearly bevo wasn’t too impressed with it .
if it was the dees celebrating like that after the prelim I reckon we would have been to torn to shreds by the media and posters on here alike.

Last edited:

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Doggies mate messaged me about this today he thought it was poor form.
I thought if anything a bit of a cheeky dig dogs have to live with that leaked video clearly bevo wasn’t too impressed with it .
if it was the dees celebrating like that after the prelim I reckon we would have been to torn to shreds by the media and posters on here alike.
No need to do it after a flag win, but maybe I’m just from a different generation.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Haha get real OP, I 100% think they were taking the piss out of them and it’s great. Should be more of it. Moral of the story, don’t celebrate early.
I’m sure they were as well, s**t look I reckon especially after they spent all year being so humble and respected. You don’t piss on your opponents after a grand final like that.

Back