Disrespectful Dees?

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS this is what's wrong with society today. Soft **cks

who cares, its their time in the limelight
This is almost a legendary thread now…

You know I reckon after you win a flag the players are free to do pretty much anything they want besides mocking your opponents.
Maybe I’m wrong here and the dees have been singing the same song the dogs have been during the season, I hope that’s the case as if they are taking the piss out of them I think it’s pretty poor form, especially after just winning the ultimate.
Thoughts?

Just weird OP.

Let them enjoy the victory.

Also, Maxy literally used “It’s Coming Home” in his post match speech. Reckon that was a dig too considering it’s also the England World Cup and Euro song?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t piss on your opponents after a grand final like that.
We were pissing on them during the game as well, personally I think consistency is important and I commend them on their on-field and post-match performances.

Haha get real OP, I 100% think they were taking the piss out of them and it’s great. Should be more of it. Moral of the story, don’t celebrate early.
Melbourne have been celebrating early too, they happened to back it up with a win.

It's a bit of breath of fresh air to be honest. Rather than going on being humble it is good to see a team talk big and dream big. It's even good to see bit of a cheeky dig at the opposition as seen at the OP. Sure these things could come back to bite, but I find it more interesting than the standard PC cliches you usually see.

Ok I take it all back, just heard petracca say they sung any song they could think of on the oval after the game so all good I take back my disrespectful line.
That’s disappointing, Petracca’s gone down in my estimations.

yeah the dees definitely were taking the p!55. I think mostly because the dogs seemed to grossly over celebrate their prelim win.

Kobe wouldn't have been happy. "What's there to be happy about? Job finished? I don't think so'

A little hubris from the Dees, so quickly stopped enjoying the victory for itself and themselves, but for the shade they could throw on others?

plenty of ammunition for the doggies, looking forward to the rematch next season, promises to be absolutely brutal!

A little hubris from the Dees, so quickly stopped enjoying the victory for itself and themselves, but for the shade they could throw on others?

plenty of ammunition for the doggies, looking forward to the rematch next season, promises to be absolutely brutal!
Yeah coz getting smashed in a GF isn’t enough ammo they need ‘wah... they sung our song!’
* if that’s what drives teams these days just send out the Auskickers.

Deesrespectful

anyone said this yet?
Who cares what song or celebration the Melbourne FC they won a flag for the 1st time in a long time.
Look at this eventually St.Kilda,GWS,The Suns and other clubs with a long premiership droughts will win a premiership and those club can sing and celebrate the same way if they want.
Season 2021 is over Melbourne won the premiership let’s move on I think there’s more important things going on the world like -Covid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back