Disrespectful Dees?

Remove this Banner Ad

You know I reckon after you win a flag the players are free to do pretty much anything they want besides mocking your opponents.
Maybe I’m wrong here and the dees have been singing the same song the dogs have been during the season, I hope that’s the case as if they are taking the piss out of them I think it’s pretty poor form, especially after just winning the ultimate.
Thoughts?

11 days on....

What the F%^& was the problem here?

Surely you were taking the piss?

“This is a rivalry full of nastiness and there’s a few things that stem from it. There are senior players from both sides that don’t particularly get along.”

He hasn’t said where he heard it from, who these senior players are, why they don’t get along etc but claims it as fact and expects us to believe it.

Essentially he heard them sing the song and drew the same conclusion the OP did.

And McClure wonders why he isn’t respected.

“This is a rivalry full of nastiness and there’s a few things that stem from it. There are senior players from both sides that don’t particularly get along.”

He hasn’t said where he heard it from, who these senior players are, why they don’t get along etc but claims it as fact and expects us to believe it.

Essentially he heard them sing the song and drew the same conclusion the OP did.

If only more players were like Mitch Robinson publicly talking s**t about opposition players they don't like.

Yeah coz getting smashed in a GF isn’t enough ammo they need ‘wah... they sung our song!’
fu** if that’s what drives teams these days just send out the Auskickers.
hmmm

there's getting whacked in a big game becasue you weren't good enough on the night...that's painful

then there's being mocked by another club becasue you weren't good enough...that would induce another emotion...

hmmm

there's getting whacked in a big game becasue you weren't good enough on the night...that's painful

then there's being mocked by another club becasue you weren't good enough...that would induce another emotion...

Embarrassment?

It is interesting how media takes a minor event, analyses and extrapolates it out to a serious problem.
If only the Doggies coaching brains trust and think tank had taken the same approach with centre ground exits in the 3rd qtr. How disrespectful toward the Dees to not take it seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good are the Dees tho, I mean seriously?

It's not enough that we embarrassed our opposition with a ruthless and uncompromising grand final performance, not just beating them on the scoreboard but breaking their spirit as well, and then not only do we mock them when the stadium empties but we film it and plaster it on social media as well.

I don't have the words for it. It's just *in' beautiful. And their fans getting upset about it just makes it, I mean, how good does it get?!?!

I saw we were singing a particular ABBA song too by the way, one that "Bazenlenko" put up on his social media earlier.
Keep going Dees!!!!

The clown also said this:

1633569773784.png

The clown also said this:

View attachment 1254819

Not a Sam McClure fan, but he is spot on here. More curious, this is a huge back-hander to the industry that employs him..?

FoxSports/Ch9/SEN etc. have been increasingly generating articles from comments made by presenters on their respective footy shows for years as a content creation strategy for the commercial objectives he states - and a lot are simply click-bait headlines.

Moreover, other media outlets (ABC/Guardian etc.) often reproduce these 'stories' depending on the perceived public interest for the same reason...

Last edited:
hmmm

Do you really think anyone that night was giving a * what Footscray was or wasn’t thinking? They ceased to matter once the siren blew and won’t matter again until we play them again next year.
And if people want to feel offended about is then so much the better... winners are grinners, and all that

Not a Sam McClure fan, but he is spot on here. More curious, this is a huge back-hander to the industry that employs him..?

FoxSports/Ch9/SEN etc. have been increasingly generating articles from comments made by presenters on their respective footy shows for years as a content creation strategy for the commercial objectives he states - and a lot are simply click-bait headlines.

Moreover, other media outlets (ABC/Guardian etc.) often reproduce these 'stories' depending on the perceived public interest for the same reason...

He’s absolutely right.

Problem is he’s now gone and generated a story based off of a song the Dees song amongst 100 other songs during their premiership celebration. So he’s just confirmed what a hypocrite he is.

It's not enough that we embarrassed our opposition with a ruthless and uncompromising grand final performance, not just beating them on the scoreboard but breaking their spirit as well, and then not only do we mock them when the stadium empties but we film it and plaster it on social media as well.

I don't have the words for it. It's just fu**in' beautiful. And their fans getting upset about it just makes it, I mean, how good does it get?!?!
You know that repeating this doesn't actually make it true. Not many of us actually give two shits about Melbourne singing a song.

It's cute though how desperate you are to get a reaction from Bulldogs supporters on here about the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back