Disrespectful Dees?

Anyway, I know the tables will turn in the future, especially with us getting stronger with getting the No 1 draft pick in Marra, top 3 again this year with Darcy. So I know we will be back, we have room for improvement. But the thing is I will be so happy the thought of being an asse hole back to you guys won’t cross my mind, I will be back to pitying you probably.
Pretty easy to say this given the low odds of it actually happening aye. Very ironic give your comments about us being a ‘joke of a club’ for so long and now behaving differently. Maybe some self-awareness and humility would help Dogs fans adopt a healthier attitude to losing.

My advice to the Dogs if they’re so precious about classless winners is to simply not lose to them in the first place.
They were so far up themselves after round 19. Frustrations boiling over for some of them.

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, I’m not shell shocked, I’m accepting that because we had our slump in the last part of the H&A, we finished fifth, and had to make the GF, the bloody hard way. Not surprising they ran out of steam in the third. I’m actually proud of the boys. You can be bad sports, and go on and on about it. Fortunately I have had the fortune to meet a lot of decent Melbourne supporters and neutrals who say the same thing.

What stuns me is for a club that has been the joke of the competition for so long, wins one after 57 years, and carries on like this. Like seriously, shouldn’t you be celebrating. When the doggies won it five years ago, I walked on air and loved everybody. What it wrong with you?

Anyway, I know the tables will turn in the future, especially with us getting stronger with getting the No 1 draft pick in Marra, top 3 again this year with Darcy. So I know we will be back, we have room for improvement. But the thing is I will be so happy the thought of being an asse hole back to you guys won’t cross my mind, I will be back to pitying you probably.
* mate - it's an online forum with people s**t talking about other people kicking a ball around. Not sure why you get so upset, but I think you need a bit of a reality check and worry about things that are worth worrying about.

adonski

All Australian
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've heard Sam Darcy has changed his name to Sam D'Arcy to avoid the father son rule in hopes of going to GWS at pick 2

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
No, I’m not shell shocked, I’m accepting that because we had our slump in the last part of the H&A, we finished fifth, and had to make the GF, the bloody hard way. Not surprising they ran out of steam in the third. I’m actually proud of the boys. You can be bad sports, and go on and on about it. Fortunately I have had the fortune to meet a lot of decent Melbourne supporters and neutrals who say the same thing.

What stuns me is for a club that has been the joke of the competition for so long, wins one after 57 years, and carries on like this. Like seriously, shouldn’t you be celebrating. When the doggies won it five years ago, I walked on air and loved everybody. What it wrong with you?

Thanks for sharing this was wonderful to read 🤗🤗🤗

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Naughton/Gift-Hagan and Darcy are basically just going to create depth issues no different to having too many mids. Nothing was better than in round 19 all the dogs fans prematurely getting excited because Dunkley and Treloar were on the brink of coming back in an already good team. Completely unaware of the fact that you then have to put 2 players away from their natural position to allow this.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I am glad to see it touched a nerve and had you scrounging through the newspaper articles to defend your welfare basket case of a club.

Melbourne had to be assisted by the AFL last year, as it couldn’t survive without a handout. Western Bulldogs didn’t need the money and survived on their own.

Let's play a game. Here are the AFL distributions over the last decade to two AFL clubs. Can you guess which is Melbourne and which is the The Western?

AFL distributions.png

You also jumped the gun with your quoted article. Imagine going off an article that talked about the clubs that confirmed they wouldn't get a loan, not which clubs actually did get a loan.

Do you know that loans get paid back and are not handouts?

Did Melbourne actually get a loan from the AFL? I know the answer.

Do the The Western have no debt funding?

All of these off field pissing contests are pointless, each of our clubs are financial minnows compared to the big clubs. It makes far more sense to focus on the on field pissing contest.

140-66 and 100-7.

Let's play a game. Here are the AFL distributions over the last decade to two AFL clubs. Can you guess which is Melbourne and which is the The Western?

View attachment 1273976
You also jumped the gun with your quoted article. Imagine going off an article that talked about the clubs that confirmed they wouldn't get a loan, not which clubs actually did get a loan.

Do you know that loans get paid back and are not handouts?

Did Melbourne actually get a loan from the AFL? I know the answer.

Do the The Western have no debt funding?

All of these off field pissing contests are pointless, each of our clubs are financial minnows compared to the big clubs. It makes far more sense to focus on the on field pissing contest.

140-66 and 100-7.
It’s a shame The Western™️ couldn’t get a handout for an additional 75 points on GF day

donkeypunchd

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
No unlike Melbourne, we wore our mistakes, no one bailed us out. Our team was recruited without tanking, we did everything the hard way and came out on top. This year, three away finals won again, would Melbourne have been able to do that? I mean you lost to Collingwood, second last on the ladder.

Yeah after travelling all over Australia, we failed in the GF, but we got there against bigger odds than what Melbourne faced.
Are Adelaide and Perth suburbs of Melbourne now?

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Tired of seeing people get up in arms over this stuff. It’s AFL not Auskick. The demons or any club for that matter have no moral obligation to make sure western bulldogs don’t get their feelings hurt. It’s a competitive game and unlike Auskick we keep score, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Just like life .

Personally I like to things like this where clubs have cheeky digs at each other, the game is sanitised beyond belief as it is, any bit of character or personality shown is a breath of fresh air

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Naughton/Gift-Hagan and Darcy are basically just going to create depth issues no different to having too many mids. Nothing was better than in round 19 all the dogs fans prematurely getting excited because Dunkley and Treloar were on the brink of coming back in an already good team. Completely unaware of the fact that you then have to put 2 players away from their natural position to allow this.
Dunkley and Treloar must not have returned later in the season!? Supposedly the Dogs were premiership certainties when they returned.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dunkley and Treloar must not have returned later in the season!? Supposedly the Dogs were premiership certainties when they returned.

When I watched the 3rd quarter for the 10th time there was nothing better than seeing Bont, Treloar and Dunkley looking absolutely befuddled with the centre clearance domination that was occurring . :)

This year, three away finals won again, would Melbourne have been able to do that?
We also were sadly unable to win another wooden spoon on account of not being s**t anymore, just like we were unable to win three 'away' finals because we didn't choke at the end of the home and away season and thus were at the mercy of having a 'home' final.

To compound matters, we went and won that 'home' final, which was silly, because winning the grand final was nice, but to not do it 'away' (even though we played all three finals 'away', and won them all convincingly) meant that we lost the bravery medals to the Doggies.

Got nowt to do with running out of steam, or having to tour the country. That's apparently what makes the Doggies tick, according to every media personality and Bulldogs insider. You were beaten convincingly on the big stage despite having a two week break beforehand.

Melbourne supporters, you realise one flag in 57 years is not going to wipe away the humiliation, the cheating, the embarrassment of Melbourne’s mismanagement.

I remember laughing at you as you all worked hard to wipe your debt, while starving your football department of funds to develop your players. You starved your business o_O:drunk: How many first round draft picks went to Melbourne to see their career die? How many times did other clubs pick up these talented but under developed players and have to cut them lose because younger players were already in front of them. Typical neo economics, it just shows it doesn’t work.

The AFL, I.e. all of us, had to bail you out, by paying for your coach, appointing a chairperson who actually knew how to run a club.

I would take this sh*te from Hawthorn supporters and tap my hat to them. But I am simply incredulous at the gall and sheer delusion of Melbourne supporters thinking they have become somebody. One flag paid for by the AFL, I.e. all of us who pay for our memberships or AFL memberships are stakeholders. About time you paid us back. Back it up before mouthing off.
Western Footscray or whatever your irrelevant club is called has won 1 flag in 67 years and 2 in a century. It’s why you’re irrelevant. Your solitary flag won in the lifetime of now retired supporters was a fluke. A gift from the AFL and the umpires. Rules were changed just to give you poor flogs a chance and the worst umpiring display in the history of finals was just enough to get a middling club the flag. Ever since you won that flag I’ve been hoping and praying that we didn’t break our drought in such a flukey, embarrassing way. Thankfully we are a real premiership team that actually deserved our flag, we were the best club in 2021 and won the flag. The bullfrogs have never been the best team in the league in my lifetime, we now have.
I would never tip my hat to Hawthorn or anyone else for that matter but I guess when your club is so s**t you have to live vicariously through others. Lucky you remember laughing at us, it must be some consolation through your salty tears.

It’s telling that the highlight of being a Dogs fan is apparently reminiscing over laughing at the club that beat them in a GF by 74 points and outscored them 100-7 and fantasising about how little attention they’ll pay to us when they beat us in future. Sounds really fulfilling.

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
Its all fun but i would love the Dogs to make the GF in 2021 and play at the beloved MCG I dont care what you say, if you had waited fifty years for your team to win a Grand final and had to watch it on Kayo how pissed off would you be I saw every Bulldogs final in 2016 in real at the ground that will do me :)

I can see why they are calling it the 2021 Claytons AFL premiership

The AFL flag when you know its not really a AFL flag :)

Last edited:

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Its all fun but i would love the Dogs to make the GF in 2021 and play at the beloved MCG I dont care what you say, if you had waited fifty years for your team to win a Grand final and had to watch it on Kayo how pissed off would you be I saw every Bulldogs final in 2016 in real at the ground that will do me :)

I can see why they are calling it the 2021 Claytons AFL premiership

The AFL flag when you know its not really a AFL flag :)

After the dogs got themselves on top they obviously realised they didn’t want to win a grand final this way. Really shows with that 100-7 run.

Last edited:
Back