Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Touched a nerve matey. You guys can admit your filthy you didn't get to enjoy the full GF experience, I know I would've been if that was our first flag after 57 years. Especially given your insipid tanking efforts over the last 2 decades.

The Western restricted their tanking efforts to when 100-7 happened.

It’s the only way that performance can be explained.

They must’ve really wanted pick 17 in the draft.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
You guys can admit your filthy you didn't get to enjoy the full GF experience
Yeah can't speak for anyone else but my "grand final experience" was being surrounded by mountains of lovely food, top-shelf liquor, having a couple of cheeky drinks with mates, quality time with the family, and a significant amount of drugs... and when the weekend was over I took the week off work to relax with the replay while luxuriating in Bulldogs tears on bigfooty :D

Would have been over the moon with a win and some family time to be honest, to see the Dogs absolutely pummelled and my beloved Dees playing some absolutely breath-taking football- we literally demolished your team in ten minutes- I'm really not sure I could ask for more.

My "grand final experience" was ******* ripper thanks for asking, how was yours?

Yeah can't speak for anyone else but my "grand final experience" was being surrounded by mountains of lovely food, top-shelf liquor, having a couple of cheeky drinks with mates, quality time with the family, and a significant amount of drugs... and when the weekend was over I took the week off work to relax with the replay while luxuriating in Bulldogs tears on bigfooty :D

Would have been over the moon with a win and some family time to be honest, to see the Dogs absolutely pummelled and my beloved Dees playing some absolutely breath-taking football- we literally demolished your team in ten minutes- I'm really not sure I could ask for more.

My "grand final experience" was ******* ripper thanks for asking, how was yours?
yeah honestly I probably would be disappointed that it wasn’t at the mcg if not for how pathetic Bulldogs fans on this forum are, it makes it all worthwhile.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
We won the Grand Final by 74 points mate, I couldn't give a fu** if it was played on Mars because we won

Plus I live in the inner Western suburbs so the enjoyment of watching the Bulldog supporters mop around and pull down banners and streamers after the grand final has allowed me to continue to enjoy the experience

I guess putting up the most insipid 28 minutes of grand final football ever has made you try to take solace in something
Strong profile picture to thread content ratio.

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
It’s quite funny how the bullfrogs in this thread (not in general, just this thread) seem to think they can somehow put an asterisk against such a comprehensive flogging.
But my all time favourite bit, out of a lot of very favourite bits, was Tmac kicking after the siren. Not content with a smashing GF win he rubbed some more salt into already salty Bullfrog tears.
That wasn’t a touch up. That wasn’t a seeing to. That was a complete dismantling of a team on the biggest stage. It’ll take years for that pain to heal

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
When you have waited a life time for it, the D's and their fans can just go for it. Winners are grinners. As for the Dogs and their supporters who have known this joy only 6 years ago I am sure the stirring won't cause them to lose sleep, it will certainly be a bit of leverage for future games between the clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Thats pretty sad, i spent the week after our gf feeling proud of my club and eenjoying the replay.

I was at the ground on the day though so i felt satisfied...........no anger

Funny, I met up with a The Western supporter mate of mine last weekend, he was even on the Footscray list years ago. If you didn’t know, The Western were called Footscray before they sold out their history to become The Western.

His whole family is still gutted about the game. I didn’t want to talk about the game out of respect, but they kept bringing it up again and again.

I’ll let him know because the game wasn’t at the MCG he should be feeling really happy about it.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Thats pretty sad, i spent the week after our gf feeling proud of my club and eenjoying the replay.

I was at the ground on the day though so i felt satisfied...........no anger
So you think the 2016 flag meant less to the doggies supporters who were too poor, unlucky or not interested in attending..?

Personally I don't think I'd have felt too proud of winning a flag with poor umpiring. At least Melbourne earned theirs.

We didnt, we lost 1 of the last 4. Finals are part of the season but you probably are only starting to realise that.
Yes I got a pretty good lesson on how important finals are when we flogged you in the last game of the season. Thanks for the reminder, I’d actually forgotten.

The ideal grandfinal experience doesn't involve losing imo
There’s something to this. I’ve never witnessed a losing grand final as a self aware human being though so I couldn’t know. My club would simply not concede 100-7 to lose a GF by 1 points, let alone 74.

So you think the 2016 flag meant less to the doggies supporters who were too poor, unlucky or not interested in attending..?

Personally I don't think I'd have felt too proud of winning a flag with poor umpiring. At least Melbourne earned theirs.
Imagine hating poor and disabled people so much that you’d brag about a flag meaning more if you can watch it at the MCG. That’s The Western™️ Culture though I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back