Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Have just had a coffee with the umpire from the doveton v cpl game, i asked about the 2 incidents. Now before i comment, do not have a go at me, these are comments made from someone else.
This particular umpire did not see first incident but his colleague stated was in play.
Macklin incident, he said if anything was a result of macklin hitting ground not opposition player, but also macklins warning wasnt for the screams on the ground, it was prior and for telling his opposition "dont f***ing mess with me, do you know who the f*** i am, and what i can do"
Terrible incident that no one likes to see, umpire feels terrible for macklin but as he told the league, to him, nothing untoward.

Have just had a coffee with the umpire from the doveton v cpl game, i asked about the 2 incidents. Now before i comment, do not have a go at me, these are comments made from someone else.
This particular umpire did not see first incident but his colleague stated was in play.
Macklin incident, he said if anything was a result of macklin hitting ground not opposition player, but also macklins warning wasnt for the screams on the ground, it was prior and for telling his opposition "dont f***ing mess with me, do you know who the f*** i am, and what i can do"
Terrible incident that no one likes to see, umpire feels terrible for macklin but as he told the league, to him, nothing untoward.
Mate, play had been stopped for 10 minutes with Turbo laying in a heap. He swore because he was stressed out (understandably) and the umpire came over at that point and said he would report him if he swore again.

Second, turbos injury is the result of contact to the top of his head, crushing down his spine. The doctors say similar injury to a car crash, not something you'd see from footy

Hitting your head on the ground cannot cause that injury. He had his feet on the ground. He wasn't doing handstands.

Anyone there that saw the sickening contact and heard the noise would have no doubt what caused the injury.

The fact the umpire got it so very wrong does not surprise me given their behaviour on the day.

Last edited:
Umpire probably sweating a little bit.
I know these arent your words so ill give you guys an update as i have the next 3-4 weeks laying here with nothing better to do.
Yes what i said was true;

"dont f***ing mess with me, do you know who the f*** i am, and what i can do"

This was after jarrod had his jaw broken and number 17 hit me behind play. Very arrogant and stupid comments from myself but i was getting frustrated as the game was getting quite dirty. I had no warning from any umpire over these remarks only hidgy laughing his arse off. 30 seconds after that comment i told the umpire "mate, you need to take control of the game, they are hitting our blokes behind play and doing dog acts (refering to late bumps, hitting players not the ball in marking contests)"

In regards to the player running past the ball to bump. The scans in my neck show a front on compression to my c2 to c5 from front on contact. My head landed on the side. I was concious the whole time and tried to put my hand out to break my fall but my arm didnt respond. I couldnt move my body... i couldnt feel anything. I screamed out and swore cause i couldnt move. After the trainers came over i started swearing about which "f*****g c*** hit me... what number?" Thats when an umpire thought it would be a good idea to decide to give me a warning about a report.

The story has been the same the whole way because they are the facts.
Nearly 2 weeks later im still in a neckbrace, laying in a hospital bed, no work, unable to feed myself, wipe myself... and play with myself! I wouldnt wish this on anyone. But im fighting on and doing the rehab, struggling to lift 1 and 2kg weights. Someone that was training 25hrs a week in my own time to nothing has been depressing. That was my life and i dont have that. Ive lost 9kg.

I know thats not your account and your relaying a message BFC10.

Umpires were told by myself & wilson to take control of the game as we felt that the players from cpl were going the man.

I had paddled the ball forward past the player that ploughed his hip into me... while my head was bent over... how is that fair contact? Player bumping has a duty of care and he had no intention of going the ball.

The laughable suggestion that me hitting the ground (from 60cm of the ground) caused compression of the c2 to c5 and everything that followed... give me a spell. Doctors said it looked as though i had been in a head on car crash.

In other news i really wanna thank the boys from mount waverley, gough, wilkin, cavanah and a few others as well as the jones, wineberg and chapmans from ashwood, the tillers, o'byrne, skurries from sandown, steve muscatt ftom ehills and jordan cellinni from south yarra for their well wishes, support and donations.

It has been very overwhelming with the amount of support i have recieved from alot of people within the sfl community. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks to the boys on the 5th qtr and steve muscatt for their support also.

Cheers,
Daniel

Last edited:

Well you may share my comments next time you catch up with your mate. How 3 umpires failed to see the cheap and high hit in the play that broke a players jaw whilst going the ball staggers belief.... Now with everything that goes on in our game at all levels and the all and important message that is constantly used that the head is sacra scent. HOW 3 umpires failed to see what everyone else in the crowd and also on the ground witnessed not even 10 minutes later where a CPL player hit Turbo with his hip on the point of his head which left Turbo in this predicament. Is and I will call it an absolute disgrace...

I hope Turbo seeks legal advice which includes the lack of duty of care with each of the 3 umpires failed to administer whilst the game was under their control.

As a side note 1 player went off with a broken Jaw and a 2nd player in an ambulance and not 1 report not 1 send off !!!!!!!!!

And to add salt to the wound, how the more senior umpire that threatened to report him whilst he lie motionless on the ground is nothing more than abhorrent, he knows what he said ( Funny how he tried to take control of the game after the hit and against the player lying on the ground ) I suggest that if this is your mate than he should reconsider his position and resign immediately. But hey he's not the one in a hospital not able to play the game again, wondering what will come next in a long road of rehabilitation. Tell him to enjoy his next coffee......

Well you may share my comments next time you catch up with your mate. How 3 umpires failed to see the cheap and high hit in the play that broke a players jaw whilst going the ball staggers belief.... Now with everything that goes on in our game at all levels and the all and important message that is constantly used that the head is sacra scent. HOW 3 umpires failed to see what everyone else in the crowd and also on the ground witnessed not even 10 minutes later where a CPL player hit Turbo with his hip on the point of his head which left Turbo in this predicament. Is and I will call it an absolute disgrace...

I hope Turbo seeks legal advice which includes the lack of duty of care with each of the 3 umpires failed to administer whilst the game was under their control.

As a side note 1 player went off with a broken Jaw and a 2nd player in an ambulance and not 1 report not 1 send off !!!!!!!!!

And to add salt to the wound, how the more senior umpire that threatened to report him whilst he lie motionless on the ground is nothing more than abhorrent, he knows what he said ( Funny how he tried to take control of the game after the hit and against the player lying on the ground ) I suggest that if this is your mate than he should reconsider his position and resign immediately. But hey he's not the one in a hospital not able to play the game again, wondering what will come next in a long road of rehabilitation. Tell him to enjoy his next coffee......
You should not have to answer for yourself whilst you're in the position you are in. It's obvious what happened... They haven't had anyone come on here and say it didn't happen...
Have you received an apology from the player?
Opinions of who said what at what time don't matter. When a blokes on the ground like that u let him get tended to by the trainers and go nowhere near him player water boy umpire or other... And also players say things in the heat of the moment... After seeing a mates jaw get broken by some dog anyone would say a few things.

Any word out of Moorabbin? Just a case of injuries & unavailabilities or? concerning for a club who only a few years back won the division but now has a forfeit in the twos this w/end

Tips

Hills
Yarra
Doveton
Hallam
Mount
Lyndale

3 rounds left & still wide open for finals spots, good luck to everyone over the w/end stay safe out there!

Well stated SS.

I think the key to the non response or comment officially from the league on both incidences maybe due to anticipated insurance and legal options opened to both players which I'm sure they could Persue under these circumstances.

Unless the clubs request an investigation (not sure if they have but nothing noted or heard which is even more strange) then the silence will continue however I reckon a few people's rectums will be tightening a few notches as it goes on.

Guys wanting to go out to seriously injure or hit another player in this day especially the cowardly after play hit should be well aware that their actions could result in civil action. any player running around with this in mind will eventually land in court with all the associated financial strains. maybe time to give the game away if you are that stupid.

Last edited:
Any word out of Moorabbin? Just a case of injuries & unavailabilities or? concerning for a club who only a few years back won the division but now has a forfeit in the twos this w/end

Tips

Hills
Yarra
Doveton
Hallam
Mount
Lyndale

3 rounds left & still wide open for finals spots, good luck to everyone over the w/end stay safe out there!

Yeah basically injuries & unavailable. 14 players combined from both teams unavailable that played last week. When you are at the top end of the ladder you play on even if you have a little niggle as you don't want to lose your place in a finals bound team. When you are down the bottom of the ladder players rest when they have a niggle. Add to that a handful of boys at a wedding & golf trip means we didn't have enough to bring in. Very disappointing for us and full apologies to Aaron & the boys of the EH reserves team, would've liked to have been able to give them a game. There should not be any issue with fielding a team for the last 2 rounds.

Well stated SS.

I think the key to the non response or comment officially from the league on both incidences maybe due to anticipated insurance and legal options opened to both players which I'm sure they could Persue under these circumstances.

Unless the clubs request an investigation (not sure if they have but nothing noted or heard which is even more strange) then the silence will continue however I reckon a few people's rectums will be tightening a few notches as it goes on.

Guys wanting to go out to seriously injure or hit another player in this day especially the cowardly after play hit should be well aware that their actions could result in civil action. any player running around with this in mind will eventually land in court with all the associated financial strains. maybe time to give the game away if you are that stupid.
Doveton has requested an investigation which is underway

Over 100 people have shown their support. Have a look at the donators - across all clubs including players and coaches - great effort!

Coutts / Cannizzo - any chance the SFNL could put something in? Maybe have to cut into your next OS budget and pump some $ in.

End of day, the league has failed to show ANY support to a classy and well respected SFNL player/person either through investigation of the incident (although Im sure Turbo and his legal beagles will be looking at the civil side of things so perpetrator maybe dealt in a higher court) and/or support of the victim.

Im hoping and fairly confident alot of member clubs are looking at HO response to this matter

About time the SFNL operations and board starts to show some type of support BACK to its member clubs and players.
Couldn't have said it better myself m8

Where's your contribution to the list? Do you even play champion?

I played the same amount of AFL senior games as Farmer, Gaertner and you champion. And 58 less than Henneman.

And since you asked Langers I'm long retired and certainly not in the same class as those mentioned above. But at least I played the game rather, than I suspect in your case, just write about it. I also don't see the need to make smart arse comments to other posters who were just pointing out a fact.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All games went to plan and the final 2 games will be great to see who makes up the 5.

From a league perspective though the round threw up some big numbers and amazing concerns regard competitiveness and viability of some TRADITIONAL SFNL clubs with some reserve games low in numbers on top of some pathetic 3rds numbers.

The points for today 810 and against 333 means on average EVERY game was won by 13 goals. thats is every game the winning team won by 13 goals or 80 total.

If you look across all divisions the average wining margins were Div 1 6 goals : Div 2 10 Goals : Div 13 goals. there is a Massive divide not only between divisions but within divisions themselves i.e. the league has a 1 up and 1 down process however maybe need to look at a 4 up and 4 down process as there are so many clubs struggling within each division which is effecting their whole sustainability.

So in 3rd division every losing club lost by 13 goals - that is a BIG number which means the league MUST take some urgent control over the mix and viability. Its not hard to see what the league needs to do and I hope the guy that is on $130k is able to do it otherwise we are all stuffed.

Is the league HO looking at this or they just do not give a sh*t???

Last edited:
Good to see a former Dandy president, strutting his stuff at Chadstone VAFA chasing the pig skin around.

Not long to go now!
Who do you think would be winning your clubs best and fairest?
Are people predicting a Doveton/Mount GF? Could Ashwood or EH challenge?

I think doveton mount grandfinal mount to win comfortably.
I think if turbo and jarred oniell were in they could give them a real run for there money it's unfortunate.
T.rainey should win ours on what games I have seen what you think Woofa6

Mitch Saunders should win ours.

Mount vs Doveton seems the likely GF. Even without injuries to a few key players at Doveton, Mount should still be red hot favourites. But September has done funny things to Mount in the past so who knows.

I don't think Ashwood can challenge with the outs we have. We beat Doveton when we had a full squad, but injuries are part of football, and we just have to deal with that. If we get a few back before finals, who knows.

Mitch Saunders should win ours.

Mount vs Doveton seems the likely GF. Even without injuries to a few key players at Doveton, Mount should still be red hot favourites. But September has done funny things to Mount in the past so who knows.

I don't think Ashwood can challenge with the outs we have. We beat Doveton when we had a full squad, but injuries are part of football, and we just have to deal with that. If we get a few back before finals, who knows.
How did Mitch pull up looked very sore Saturday knee or something massive loss if he isn't apart of finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back