Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Your reply is a crock as well - always in denial.

So lack of response to these items obviously then you agree

1) Omar on hiding to nothing last year especially with Lucas playing on

2) club should have told Dalton to FO when he wanted to crawl back

3) committee have to many rampant egos running around

This time last year a mutiny occurred on the committee where some great club personal where thrown out. Newbies realised it was all to hard and fell away for Barnsey to step in. Come on don't tell us it was a bed of roses at the club in 2015 with all that crap.

The people putting Barnse up should have known the 10 year ruling surely, if not, why not??

Onfield the team was punctured with not gaining a result in grand final due to incident with Lucas on Beecroft. Players may not have left but their passion drop none more than Mouritz who was 2nd class. Highlight was final v Ashwood with no Winberg - pathetic (but I'm sure you will say otherwise)

Not in denial, you just seem to always be wrong when you have an opinion of what might be going on behind the scenes at the den.

1) Omar was selected after 2 successful years coaching the 2s and having great rapport with the senior group. He is mates will all the senior boys and while as coach he was able to retain a lot of the playing group and he was def pushing for another GF appearance. The year just didn't pan out the way he envisaged.

2) Dalton again is mates with Luco and the rest of the senior playing group, why would you tell your mate to FO?

3) The mutiny occured because a number of KPI's vital to the clubs survival in its infancy were not met. T-Rex is a great bloke, he is still involved in the club and well respected. But the committee left behind after Barnesy left that year was still very fresh and inexperienced and got caught out. The move was purely a professional decision, had nothing to do with 'egos'.

4) No the committee did not know the 10 year ruling, comes down to inexperience. Keep in mind we are only a 3 year old club and need all the help it can get from volunteers. As far as I know no one except Barnesy had prior football committee experience.

5) Players were hungry for a result in 2015 after the non event that was the 2014 grand final, I wouldn't doubt their passion. They just didn't play as well as they did the year before. I'm not going to argue the showing in our Final, it was bad, but it wasn't exactly our best year overall either.

You seem to be very critical of a club that is only 3 years old and constantly have the opinion that its run like s&%t. Until you are in the position of a club administrator you won't understand how hard it can be to get volunteers to help out, you take all the help you can get.

So please, if you think you can do a better job by all means come down. I would be interested in hearing how you would start from absolutely nothing, like literally 0 players and a $0 bank balance, and form a club that plays 2 successive senior and reserve grand finals within 24 months.

Heres my take on the coming season. I have not really been paying attention to whats been going on lately.

Mount- If Gough avoids injury he will be hard to stop.
Doveton- I reckon they will be closer to the pack this year compared to their 2013 squad. They have lost a fair bit of their depth since then.
CPL- New board, New Coaches, New Players. Expect a reinvigorated team this year
E hills- Beat all expectations last year, good depth, I reckon they will improve again this year.
Ashwood- Not much to go off this early on, just rumours. If the same theres no real reason why they will do any worse this year.

South Yarra- Always a young running team, caused a few upsets last year.
Moorabbin- will go backwards, heard they have a lost a few.
Lyndale- If spending, will prob improve to be average, rather then below average
Hallam- No idea who they are bringing in.
Sandown- Lost a few, may prob still beat Lyndhurst, no idea.
Lyndhurst- Hard to judge, but being coached by former Skye player and may pull some ok Skye players with him. Could finish higher.
Dandenong- Will lose to Lyndhurst, and everyone else for that matter.

Its not going to be hard for hallam to improve they have been near the bottom every year.
My mail is moorabin will go back wards as they have lost a few.
Cpl -will be right up there again this year. Heard they have signed a few quality players
Mount- will have 1 game plan this year get it to fatboy slim.
Ashwood- by all reports heard have lost a few players will be around the mark again.
Sandown-heard throwing some coin around but also heard lost a few big names.
Dandy- hahahaha joke of a club
Lyndale- by the reports on here have signed a few players could push the top 5.
My boys the falcons- years biggest improver will finish on top 2 games clear of the eagles.
Dovey- recruiting old players who cant hack div 2

There's no point being Nostradamus this time of year,sides change dramatically between now and April 1 and that's not having a dig at you for having a go either as far as your falcons are concerned pretty cocky for a side that has NEVER played finals or even achieved anything of significance.

There's no point being Nostradamus this time of year,sides change dramatically between now and April 1 and that's not having a dig at you for having a go either as far as your falcons are concerned pretty cocky for a side that has NEVER played finals or even achieved anything of significance.
Agree with you on it being a bit early for predictions and bagging clubs for their recruitment. Let's wait for clearances to open and see who clubs have picked up first. Two or three good players is enough to push a club up the ladder in this division I reckon.

SELAMAT PAGI EVERYONE

The cobra is back from BALI & geeeezus I haven't missed much in this thread lol
Shout out to 'Bounceback Trendmaster bigFatfullfwd & the other regulars. As for couple of newbies............ no comment (that's a suggestion not my take lol) & 'doucha' plzzzzzz stop u ain't from the 3802

Here is a couple pre Xmas predictions, their just predictions they are an opinion piece so don't be peanuts & think I'm trying to be a Nostradamus or a Marty Mcfly wanna be....... It's a forum

Mount : will play finals. Wilkin going around 1 more time, probably need Gough back & he will help the goals tally & hot dogs tally. Depth might be tested. Good luck mountaineers!!
Moorabbin : need speed, havernt heard much but not going to guess. Top5 if they retain most of ones.
Good luck kangas!!
CPL : will be disappointed how they finished last year, liked Omar good bloke. Might be 5-6 lost a couple players but strong club (& ****NOT A 3rd year club "reformed") good luck CPL!!
Ashwood : Hearing mick is only staying to honour his contract, always enjoy going to ashwood but will probably fall away this season. Need youth 7-8th finish
Good luck boys!!
Doveton : retaining most from last year, had a few 4-5 close loses in div2. Blokes back from injury & holidays. 1-2 finish but twos need to be stronger to be dominant as last premiership run. Good luck Eagles!!
Hills : retained most & have a 19s next season. Aiming to improve on 11 win season
Falc10 to play thirds
Lyndale : been recruiting well I heard & have good leadership at the top. Will be fighting for 5th spot . 5-8 finish
Good luck dales!!
Sth Yarra : twos had a couple handy players, few players left. Coach not sure? Depth was good but still a few players away from pushing the 5. Will snag a few at that park they call a ground lol
Good luck yarras
Hallam : new coach slater had contacted most of his players he was involved with at the stingrays & he also has $$$ into the club. Peresso who runs the Hallam Acadmey has been pushing players their too. Should surprise a few & probably no finals but year or two could be quite handy. Youth policy great idea good luck Hawks!!
Sandown : have made moves to align with parkmore juniors (who have a 17s coming through) heard about no recruits & couple departures. Looking to future 8-10 finish
Good luck Cobras!!!
Dandenong : good luck (YA gonna need it)
Lyndhurst : If they beat anyone I'd be surprised. Might be underestimating the comp & with sides 1-7 looking at a finals berth internally I'm predicting a tough year. Spoon
Good luck lighting!!

** just on Lyndhurst, did the club not want to go after cranbourne people? Seems strange with a powerful club on their door step they choose a bloke to coach from caulfield??? Just curious lads.

I can tell you 100 per cent sth yarra coach was sacked!! I am not sure about ins and outs with players but the coach story is rubbish

let's just say he wasn't renewed...it wasn't a dysfunctional split like "being sacked' suggests...we're a couple of blokes away from really making an impact but as i don't arrive til 1st practice game i don't know if we have them or not!

let's just say he wasn't renewed...it wasn't a dysfunctional split like "being sacked' suggests...we're a couple of blokes away from really making an impact but as i don't arrive til 1st practice game i don't know if we have them or not!
Isn't the current coach a father of a current player,he will bring his other son from Silvan i suppose.I heard the new coach had the job mid last season so advertising for a coach was just a farce as he was locked in anyway.

the same bloke i'd assume...scotty played maybe 5 games for us last yr but was hampering by hamstring injuries and maybe a thumb at one point but i rate him...daisy did attend some games last yr so had some insight into what he wanted to do but he still interviewed for the job along with 3 or 4 other blokes, including Dev, last years coach

i'm not sure who he's bringing but his other son is coming but i'm not too sure if he's a definite senior starter or not, like i said i'm outta the loop til games start as i don't/can't train with the team but if he brings a big forward (heard he has) and a big bodied mid or 2 then we're in very good shape injuries permitting

Hallam : new coach slater had contacted most of his players he was involved with at the stingrays & he also has $$$ into the club. Peresso who runs the Hallam Acadmey has been pushing players their too. Should surprise a few & probably no finals but year or two could be quite handy. Youth policy great idea good luck Hawks!!
so they're all kids?

SELAMAT PAGI EVERYONE

So kids who are/were in the TAC system who had previously been identified as having the potential to play at a high (if not necessarily the highest) level are going to head to en masse to an SFL Div 3 club?.....please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So kids who are/were in the TAC system who had previously been identified as having the potential to play at a high (if not necessarily the highest) level are going to head to en masse to an SFL Div 3 club?.....please.

I think they are dreaming to bill lol but that's gonna be the approach. Why else make those appointments

I think they are dreaming to bill lol but that's gonna be the approach. Why else make those appointments

I think u would find it would be the ones that maybe trained in initial squad for tac under 18's... Not necessarily the ones that played regularly or were even close to being drafted .... Ur better off with a mix of seasoned has beens and a bit of youth to be successful in div 3 rather than just talented kids.

Any truth to reading in div 1 forum that fia too too and luke james to moorabin

Any truth to reading in div 1 forum that fia too too and luke james to moorabin
Very true was having a COHIBA with Fia last night and he confirmed that he is playing at the roos ends up being 6 clubs in 7 years.

I'd hate to be a FB this year as stated on previous posts the return of : Gough 120+ goals, Carrol 80+ goals,James 150+ goals and the mystery man at Hallam 80 + goals wow thats a lot of goals good luck coaches in shutting that down and i might add Dent if he's still going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back