Div 3 thread 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Moona

Rookie
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Have been Senior Assistant for past 5 years . Believe I’m ready for next step have been at few Div 1 clubs and Div2 clubs .. Just think club like Donvale could suit

EFL Board made the decision to promote EB to Division 3. It's happening. No idea why, they have. I am sure we will find out more with an EFL news update.

Does that mean Berwick is joining division 3 and EB going up to even the numbers?

Does that mean Berwick is joining division 3 and EB going up to even the numbers?
Berwick has been voted out. They would be too good for Div 3. I am not sure what the go is and waiting on an official annoucement. The smart thing would be to keep Chirnside park in Div3 and make even teams in Div 3 and 4 with no bye round.

Luke Walker to Fairpark. :openmouth:

A few other very handy players including Mitch Collins kicked over 100 at Belgrave a few years back. I had heard that most of those Mount Waverley players were leaving but obviously not the case by the article. They might go alright.

Last edited:
I know some of the recruits from Balwyn to EB and don't be putoff that they were paying Reserves. All really good solid players who would probably get a firsts game at any local club. Balwyn always has 5 or 10 hi profile recruits and many ex-VFL players, so difficult to get a guernsey in their ones.

Will be a very interesting Div 3 this year I suspect.

I know some of the recruits from Balwyn to EB and don't be putoff that they were paying Reserves. All really good solid players who would probably get a firsts game at any local club. Balwyn always has 5 or 10 hi profile recruits and many ex-VFL players, so difficult to get a guernsey in their ones.

mccutchan is a real handy inclusion! Should dominate

Quick someone mentioned a recruit to another club, the East Burwood boys better get on here and change it back to their own recruits. Im telling you now Luke Walker is a better recruit than any of them. Saw him play at Pakenham, will dominate. Since won a league B&F while at Koo Wee Rup.

I know some of the recruits from Balwyn to EB and don't be putoff that they were paying Reserves. All really good solid players who would probably get a firsts game at any local club.

Two of those players couldn't get a game in Balwyns reserves every week this year and both could barely get a senior game at Boronia or Templestowe, their previous clubs. McCutchan will be good obviously, but no point lying about the other players pedigree.

When i said Fairpark might go alright i meant they wouldn't get relegated. Neither Fairpark or East Burwood would be playing finals in Div 3 id doubt. Would be hilarious if they played off in the grand final again however. Ferntree Gully/Waverley/Warrandyte will have these type of clubs covered.

Last edited:
Agree Ad, Merc has inflated the ability of some of the Reserve Premier recruits.
Would probably get a firsts game at any local club, is just not true & over the top.

That said they will be handy players for the Rams but the opinion presented previously appears to be from a very insular perspective.

It's good to see Div 3 being talked about. Who knows how any recruit will go at a new club? Over the years I have seen many players roll up to different clubs (at all levels) as big ticket items who have been a disappointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May have exaggerated a little maybe, but I think you’ll find the Reserves players will be a very handy addition. Let’s let their football do the talking. Can’t wait until Round 1

I heard some talk last season about staying in the same division. I'm not sure at this stage I've been busy and haven't been up to the club since before Christmas.

East Burwood playing Ashwood in a practice match tomorrow night @ Jordan Reserve Chadstone from 6:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back