Div 3 thread 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how people continue to bitch and moan and have never complimented how competitive East Burwood was this year and last year. The scribes had them as only making up the numbers and headed straight back down. Yes, the same team with its U19's finishing on top in Premier Division, the Reserves top of the ladder, and the Seniors 2nd despite not playing the two bottom teams like the top team. Adding convincingly beating the top team as well. I look forward to the same people bitching and moaning about East Burwood next year, very sad but predictable. Enjoy the off-season and let's hope we get a full season in 2022.

Funny how people continue to b*tch and moan and have never complimented how competitive East Burwood was this year and last year. The scribes had them as only making up the numbers and headed straight back down. Yes, the same team with its U19's finishing on top in Premier Division, the Reserves top of the ladder, and the Seniors 2nd despite not playing the two bottom teams like the top team. Adding convincingly beating the top team as well. I look forward to the same people bitching and moaning about East Burwood next year, very sad but predictable. Enjoy the off-season and let's hope we get a full season in 2022.

Being old school I was against East Burwood being promoted after not winning the D4 grand final in 2019.The reason for being promoted were sound with the worry of loosing young players to higher divisions.Well done with them this season that they have backed up the EFNL decision to promote them on field.A strong East Burwood with a club rich with history in our competition we will be better off. perhaps.Begs the question Coldstream or even better Surrey Park make the same application,not sure I would agree with that one as well.

I suppose being from East burwood you'd know all about integrity in promotion...
I agree but it's pretty funny an east burwood person would complain about promotion integrity.

Read the posts, the discussion was on whether a Premiership should be awarded. Nothing on promotion. I can't see how you jumped to that conclusion, unless you have trouble with reading and comprehension!
Just by the way what EFNL club do you support or are you just a NFL blowin sh1tst1rrer?

Last edited:
I think if you asked the other clubs to vote if being promoted after losing the grand final is a good idea they would be against that too....
Of course they would, self interest is the greatest of all motivators.
Just out of interest which EFNL team do you support. You don't seem to have supported any club at all in any of your posts. Just looking to see if you belong to one of the "other" clubs

Last edited:
So will the Rams be elevated to Premier given their outstanding 19s effort in 2021? Cliff?

Obvious choice to even up numbers.

🎣🤣

Perhaps Surrey Park can put in a request for promotion to D3 as their U19,s have done well in premier U19,s this year.As said I did not like the way East Burwood got promoted to D3 but their argument was backed up by on field performance this year and well done to them.

Hard to see there being any promotions or relegations. Coldstream is the obvious one given their dominance if they agreed to go up. Would make it 11-10-8-10-7. Not sure there’s anybody you could really relegate fairly. Upper Gully and Templestowe have % below 50 but both won a game and were only a game behind the team above them.

Then even them up next year.

The other factor you wonder about is Beaconsfield / Narre / Cranbourne, they want out of Outer East and apparently the MPNFL clubs have officially said no. Think they should look to the Southern League but given Berwick came to the East you wonder if they’ll try to do the same. If so it’s pretty hard to welcome three big clubs at once, and if you did where they would go given they probably should be in Premier or D1 given Berwick’s reasonable performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's actually ridiculous. So div 4 will have 7 teams, and only 2 of them good.....
Smart decision. Coldy are a 10 goal better side than anyone else in that division and should be moved up a grade. 7 teams in division 4 means an 18 game season can be played with everyone playing each other 3 times for fairness. That means more chances for the struggling sides to win games. It’s not a long term solution but for now it makes sense.

Has there been a release by the EFL yet to the public on promotion & relegation for 2022?

No, they tend to drag their feet on this stuff. It's in the Leader News though. Coldstream going up. No other promotions or relegations but clubs can approach the league for discussions if they think they have a case for promotion.

Minor premiership cups to be awarded :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

So prob 11-10-8-10-7 next year which probably makes it

Premier
[2 down, 1 up]
D1
[2 down, 1 up]
D2
[1 up]
D3
[2 down, 1 up]
D4

Think that makes it 10-10-10-8-8

The Eastern league has revealed its plans for promotion and relegation following the shortened season and cancelled finals series.
In a memo circulated to clubs from league chief executive officer Troy Swainston, a board meeting on Monday night determined that “promotion and relegation would not automatically apply”.

Under normal circumstances, the premiership teams across divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4 are promoted for the next season, while the last-placed teams in Premier Division, 1, 2 and 3 are relegated.

But Swainston confirmed Coldstream would be promoted to Division 3 from Division 4 for season 2022.

Coldstream finished the home-and-away campaign on top of the Division 4 ladder, undefeated on 11 wins with a percentage of 543.29 – and an average winning margin of 132 points. It was shooting for its first senior flag since 2001.

The freeze on automatic relegation hands Doncaster East (Premier Division), Upper Ferntree Gully (Division 1), Templestowe (Division 2) and Fairpark (Division 3) a reprieve after finishing on the bottom of the ladder.

Vermont (Premier Divison), Park Orchards (Division 1), Ringwood (Division 2) and Warrandyte (Division 3) finished on top of the ladder in their respective competitions.

Swainston said clubs could submit a case for promotion.

“The Board will however consider promotion at its discretion where it believes there is a compelling case for a club to be promoted or there are opportunities to create an improved competition structure that will enhance the overall competition,” he said in the memo.

“The league continues to work through the divisional structures and will when appropriate make further announcements about any club movements once those decisions are finalised.”

Meanwhile, the Eastern league board has also approved a move to award cups to minor premiers, following consultation with “several clubs”, including those who finished on top of the ladder and other leagues.

“The Board felt it was extremely important to recognize (sic) the teams that finished on top across league competitions with a Minor Premiers Cup,” Swainston said in the memo.

Senior women’s and junior teams who finished on top of the ladder would however be awarded premiership cups, “based on 80% and 86% of the season being completed”.

Wouldn’t you think the League would release it first rather than rush of to the Press (that 90% of people refuse to pay a subscription for!!! & for good reason). Clubs could of fed it to them also I guess………..

This pizzes me off.

Perhaps think of stake holders, especially volunteers & supporters at all levels before feeding to the press. Those employed at the League wouldn’t exist without these people. Good way to alienate those the feed you.

Thanks for posting BM 👍 but honestly you shouldn’t have to if priorities were right.

Funny how people continue to b*tch and moan and have never complimented how competitive East Burwood was this year and last year. The scribes had them as only making up the numbers and headed straight back down. Yes, the same team with its U19's finishing on top in Premier Division, the Reserves top of the ladder, and the Seniors 2nd despite not playing the two bottom teams like the top team. Adding convincingly beating the top team as well. I look forward to the same people bitching and moaning about East Burwood next year, very sad but predictable. Enjoy the off-season and let's hope we get a full season in 2022.
Well said, and 100% true. But haters will always hate....

Bye East Burwood.

East Burwood to Div 2
Park Orchards to Premier

Vote to let in Oakleigh Districts to Div 2 an Beaconsfield to Div 1 with this structure

Premier - 12 teams
Div 1 - 10 teams
Div 2 - 10 teams
Div 3 - 9 teams
Div 4 - 7 teams

Bye East Burwood.

East Burwood to Div 2
Park Orchards to Premier

Vote to let in Oakleigh Districts to Div 2 an Beaconsfield to Div 1 with this structure

Premier - 12 teams
Div 1 - 10 teams
Div 2 - 10 teams
Div 3 - 9 teams
Div 4 - 7 teams

To then become 10/10/10/8?

On what basis do East Burwood go up? Did Warrandyte knock it back?

Oakleigh Districts is an interesting one. I recall some years back that AFL Vic was happy for the EFL to operate between the Yarra River and the Monash Freeway, being “the east”. They knocked back Heidelberg largely on this basis. Interesting to see what happens here.

Bye East Burwood.

East Burwood to Div 2
Park Orchards to Premier

Premier - 12 teams
Div 1 - 10 teams
Div 2 - 10 teams
Div 3 - 9 teams
Div 4 - 7 teams

If all that is true which I doubt why not bring Surrey Park into D3 and make 12,10,10,10 and 6.Park Orchards has the potential to be a competitive club in Premier,East Burwood promoted again with out winning a flag you are pulling my leg.EFNL has a good structure now but D4 is the biggest problem and long term I think Surrey Park has better depth then Coldstream but of cause senior wise this season not up to their level.Of cause long term the EFNL would be looking at 10,10,10,10 and 8. and D4 be 10 as well one day.

If all that is true which I doubt

Can confirm my own post is true and accurate.

On what basis do East Burwood go up? Did Warrandyte knock it back?

Correct Warrandyte declined. Suggestion more clubs are likely to enter in 2023. So for season 2022 relegation and promotion will be the standard 1 up 1 down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back