Div 3 thread 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Beaconsfield is closer than Berwick for some (let’s just say virtually the same). Oakleigh is significantly closer than both.

Will be interesting vote.

Is it a case of it’s OK if it doesn’t affect us - Berwick to Premier. Would it not be a touch hypocritical for those that voted Berwick in to suddenly change course. But our division will be affected by this one.

A fair bit to play out, but I will be amazed if they do not come in. Presuming Oakleigh still want too.

Beaconsfield is closer than Berwick for some (let’s just say virtually the same). Oakleigh is significantly closer than both.

Will be interesting vote.

Is it a case of it’s OK if it doesn’t affect us - Berwick to Premier. Would it not be a touch hypocritical for those that voted Berwick in to suddenly change course. But our division will be affected by this one.

A fair bit to play out, but I will be amazed if they do not come in. Presuming Oakleigh still want too.

Yeah think most clubs will vote on each change from a self interest point of view. There’s an argument to say they should, even if it is hypocritical. Vote in the club’s interests and the overall result falls out.

The Oakleigh District Facebook page is interesting. No reasons are given for the move. It hasn’t gone to a meeting or a vote. Members saying WTF. Seems a very strange one.

Yeah think most clubs will vote on each change from a self interest point of view. There’s an argument to say they should, even if it is hypocritical. Vote in the club’s interests and the overall result falls out.

The Oakleigh District Facebook page is interesting. No reasons are given for the move. It hasn’t gone to a meeting or a vote. Members saying WTF. Seems a very strange one.

Lets remember Clayton were in the EFNL once or EFL then and distance wise Oakleigh Districts about the same to the Vermonts etc.Would be interested to know how many Berwick supporters travelled to their away games this year.We all know hosting Noble Park games you do not expect a big crowd at your home games.

I'm making an assumption but I reckon there's a fair chance the EFNL approached OD, not the other way around.

AFL Vic should put an end to leagues approaching and potentially poaching clubs from neighbouring leagues. Happens a bit out my way and I don't think it helps footy's big picture.

If a club has strong reasons for a move of leagues, fair enough - geographical etc.

AFL Vic should put an end to leagues approaching and potentially poaching clubs from neighbouring leagues. Happens a bit out my way and I don't think it helps footy's big picture.

If a club has strong reasons for a move of leagues, fair enough - geographical etc.

Has any one thought that our leagues have been financially hit by covid and need extra clubs in their leagues to survive financially.Have just had a comment thrown back at me and ask the question how many of our clubs have made a profit this season.

There’s probably in reality questions around the power AFL Vic has over leagues and clubs etc.

You’d need the leagues to agree and some probably wouldn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back