Skevs1918

Draftee
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
And all I said was that he has played more games for the Saints of the Mary variety than the Saints of the Kevin variety.

My interest is due to the fact his dad played at my club many years ago. Obviously has some ability but when he could not crack it for a regular game at SKOBs he moved on very quickly. Wonder if the young man intends to have another crack at a higher level? Maybe he can help guide SMS up the grades.
Can confirm after talking to current skob players Dolan had a poor relationship with Daniel Harford and Harford refused to play him because of it. Not sure who was at fault but have heard he was bit too easy going for a club that thinks they're an AFL club. He seems too comfortable at St Marys to leave but unsure his how his lack of strength would fare at premier division. He has the pace but needs to put on a few kegs

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Can confirm after talking to current skob players Dolan had a poor relationship with Daniel Harford and Harford refused to play him because of it. Not sure who was at fault but have heard he was bit too easy going for a club that thinks they're an AFL club. He seems too comfortable at St Marys to leave but unsure his how his lack of strength would fare at premier division. He has the pace but needs to put on a few kegs
Few kegs , nothing wrong with him, he can come to us.

As exciting as the scenes were in the last quarter at Friar Park, with two young teams trading blows as they battled for their first premiership points of the year, the end result is a bitter pill to swallow after we reeled in the visitors in the third term. Hitting the front through efficient ball use and conversion, I honestly thought we had the ability to hold off the Hoers.

I was wrong. Well done Chump and your crew. You played better across the day and sadly we now hold up the ladder as the only team yet to record a win.

We are definitely getting closer, and once we do, we will start to string them together. Probably won't be enough to make finals, but this year was always about blooding kids and trying to stay in the Division. After today, I'm confident we are on the right track.

heslop

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As exciting as the scenes were in the last quarter at Friar Park, with two young teams trading blows as they battled for their first premiership points of the year, the end result is a bitter pill to swallow after we reeled in the visitors in the third term. Hitting the front through efficient ball use and conversion, I honestly thought we had the ability to hold off the Hoers.

I was wrong. Well done Chump and your crew. You played better across the day and sadly we now hold up the ladder as the only team yet to record a win.

We are definitely getting closer, and once we do, we will start to string them together. Probably won't be enough to make finals, but this year was always about blooding kids and trying to stay in the Division. After today, I'm confident we are on the right track.
Both Hoes and Friars are good young teams, I'd like to see them both stay up because they are more than highly competitive. I'd love to see the Friars be more attacking hedge, I think they could play some more free flowing footy with some of their young blokes

Chump or Champ

Senior List
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Thanks Hedge and we are very relieved to get on the board after a nail bitter at Friar HQ.

Two very young sides giving it everything in some trying conditions at times. Both made some errors, but not through lack of effort or commitment to the contest and I suggest that's the pleasing thing - we can always work on skill. Game played in good spirit and thank you for the after game hospitality.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for the rematch at our ground - Hoe Park - later in the year.

Cheers, Chump.

Well done to Preston today, too good on the day and have very good people at the club.
Sportingpulse has broken down again, no scores , what a farce.

It's an absolute disgrace and the VAFA can't handball responsibility to the host when all other Metro leagues using the same entity have managed to get their results up and available.

heslop

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Super impressed with oakleigh at the moment, they have been super impressive, already can see the race to the top 4 is going to be tight and interesting

VAFA Spectator

Senior List
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
No scores available all day from the game in Oak Park, very frustrating for those unable to attend.

PEGS on "the runway" will be the testing ground for the better sides this year.

Privateye

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2009
Galatasaray
AFL Club
Collingwood
Super impressed with oakleigh at the moment, they have been super impressive, already can see the race to the top 4 is going to be tight and interesting
I thought they were about to fold according to reports on this Forum. Time to put that fake news idea to 'bed'.

Chump or Champ

Senior List
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done to Ivanhoe. Good club in a difficult demographic footy area. The club has worked hard to establish a healthy culture. Your presence in this division is well deserved.

Thanks Sidey.

Hopefully, the new rooms will be fitted out within the next couple of weeks and we can start to build a better environment and 'home'. We will also be better placed to welcome back past players, members, etc when having functions.

In another unexpected plus, the lights are being worked on as we speak - first pole in the ground last week with two new lights. Others happening over the next couple of weeks. This means that for the first time in YEARS we can finally train back on Ivanhoe Park.

It's been very difficult to try and retain, let alone attract, local talent when we have had to train and play on a ground a couple of kilometers away from your traditional home that has sub-standard facilities and no abIlity for functions or luncheons for players and members/supporters alike. It has been tough.

That said, hopefully we are tracking towards a better future on that front and it will compliment what we are doing to encourage young men and women to consider us as a club they would like to enjoy their footy at. Fingers crossed.

Chump

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I thought they were about to fold according to reports on this Forum. Time to put that fake news idea to 'bed'.
I heard it from people inside that they were going to struggle to field 2's, so they have done very well. Good luck to them, we need all suburban clubs having a crack.

heslop

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No scores available all day from the game in Oak Park, very frustrating for those unable to attend.

PEGS on "the runway" will be the testing ground for the better sides this year.
Pegs are shaping up for a great year, huge home ground advantage and they play the ground extremely well

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Loss aside, how did ormond go on the smaller ground bedders?
Were preston much different from that practice match?
They just played better on the day, we actually came from well back and hit the front,but they pulled away very late. I would think Ormond will be better on a bigger ground. Also we have quite a few that haven't played together, so it can take a few weeks, but it's still along way from September.
Should be a classic suburban battle this week at the Gunn after 3 of the first 4 away. Still can't understand how you can't have 1 home , 1 away game for all.

heslop

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They just played better on the day, we actually came from well back and hit the front,but they pulled away very late. I would think Ormond will be better on a bigger ground. Also we have quite a few that haven't played together, so it can take a few weeks, but it's still along way from September.
Should be a classic suburban battle this week at the Gunn after 3 of the first 4 away. Still can't understand how you can't have 1 home , 1 away game for all.
Looks like it will be a tight top 5, can't wait

Rooster 24

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I heard it from people inside that they were going to struggle to field 2's, so they have done very well. Good luck to them, we need all suburban clubs having a crack.

I heard the same thing from a Krushers stalwart. Was told a few weeks out from Rd 1 they were struggling to field a ressies and U19s team. Have certainly proved me wrong and great to see them doing well despite losing some decent players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back