D1 Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a johnny come lately "OGs person", who only joined a couple of months ago, you seem to betray some deep set views re: AM and Scribe.

I read the post as being quite grateful to the club, but if you choose to read it differently so be it.

No point self promoting if you have no achievements to point to. A bit like SKOB recruiting all these outsiders and finishing 8th whilst terminating their coach at round 14. I wouldn't be spruiking that as an achievement personally.
Well said HF

Word coming out of the Krushers is that they have lost a few top enders, but no word on what the clubs future is.

The Krushers Annual Meeting is this week so we may know more at that time.

They'd need to get a move on as I'm told they have made no approach to the SFL with the view to joining so far.

Pushed, too old school.
I watched Jess Sinclair coach in the 2014 D2 GF vs Kew. All I saw was a coach who was stuck in neutral all day. When they were 5 goals down at quarter time his deflated speech was like "well we can't have played any worse....put your head over the ball etc etc" Which begs the question did he ever have plan B??

did not make a move all day and just spat on the ground every 2 mins. Didnt help that he's best player got sent off either.

Over all was impressed with the standard of the game but just goes to show that not all ex AFL players make great coaches

I watched Jess Sinclair coach in the 2014 D2 GF vs Kew. All I saw was a coach who was stuck in neutral all day. When they were 5 goals down at quarter time his deflated speech was like "well we can't have played any worse....put your head over the ball etc etc" Which begs the question did he ever have plan B??

did not make a move all day and just spat on the ground every 2 mins. Didnt help that he's best player got sent off either.

Over all was impressed with the standard of the game but just goes to show that not all ex AFL players make great coaches

But he was up against a magician that day. Even Clarko would have struggled.

Yeah it appeared that he was out coached by Aitken that day
I did see the game. SMS seemed to play the more physical football in Q1 but not always directed towards the ball (1 send off). From memory, Aitken put Braz and young Quinlivan behind the ball in Q4 and against the wind, Kew managed to defend (and increase) a 3 quarter time lead of just 9 pts.

I did see the game. SMS seemed to play the more physical football in Q1 but not always directed towards the ball. From memory, Aitken put Braz and young Quinlivan behind the ball in Q4 and against a strong breeze Kew managed to defend (and increase) a 3 quarter time lead of just 9 pts.

Yes..it was poetry in coaching motion if I remember correctly. I think some of the Carton/Northern Blues development coaching squad were there that day.
It put the final nail in the 'lets get Beaser and lets get him quick' policy that followed.

Yeah really "out coached" I was at that game also and remember St Mary's were 5 goals down at Q time in that GF then had a player Red Carded at the start of the 2nd Qtr....so had to play with 17. Came back and almost pinched the game!! great call....

Yeah really "out coached" I was at that game also and remember St Mary's were 5 goals down at Q time in that GF then had a player Red Carded at the start of the 2nd Qtr....so had to play with 17. Came back and almost pinched the game!! great call....

Player for player Kew shouldn't have got within 10 goals that day.
St Mary's had a ripping side in. Incredible.
But they were out coached. It was a masterpiece of coaching that day GG.

St Mary's were by far the best team that year so had the playing stock to win the game. Kew looked to save the game in the second half, that's what I saw

I watched Sinclair all day from behind the bench. Did nothing on the bench except swear and spit on the ground. Little to no moves

Nothing more engrossing than someone hitting a theme and going on and on and on and............. Hey Bedders?

It was a bad relapse. I had a fresh audience, I got excited, I couldn't help it. I'm sorry.
But Beaser was good that day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a bad relapse. I had a fresh audience, I got excited, I couldn't help it. I'm sorry.
But Beaser was good that day!
Fair enough! Guess a coach has to hit the mark occasionally. You clearly saw him on "that day" ;)

Who is coaching your team this year my ubiquitous protagonist?

Agreed, looked a lost cause for Kew at 3/4 time.

Lets get back to 2017 D1. At this stage, I'm tipping PEGS, Therry Penola, and St Marys to be roundabouts again. I think the 2 promoted sides will be more than competitive also.

Seems Ormond gossip was off the mark.

http://www.oakleighafc.com.au/
Not at all mate, it came from 3 players, although a couple have now left and will be big losses. It was all built around someone who was trying to get the Presidency off Barry. It will be a tough year for them with no rooms as they are being demolished .

Lets get back to 2017 D1. At this stage, I'm tipping PEGS, Therry Penola, and St Marys to be roundabouts again. I think the 2 promoted sides will be more than competitive also.

Hoes to improve with a couple of new players and back at our ground/new rooms, but will it be enough to play finals?

Coaching announcements to be formalised at AGM on Tuesday.

Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back