D1 Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed to see that the VAFA sent one senior umpire and a bunch of young kids to do a GF. There were many "no decisions" by the young umps.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

By young kids you mean regular A grade umpires for the last couple of seasons?

Good to see the VAFA giving the youth a chance to shine unlike some other leagues. All umpires are there on merit and its a testament to the VAFA umpires coaches to see such a strong, talented group of umpires where they can pick the best umpires on performance not just give the top games to the same people every year...

By young kids you mean regular A grade umpires for the last couple of seasons?
Are you saying they were?
Just my observation, at least one of them looked to be 14-15 and seemed very hesitant to pay free kicks that were not blatantly obvious. i.e. blocking in marking contests, a couple of late head high contacts etc. There was a boundary throw in in the last 5 minutes that was clearly too short that would usually be called back.

I am all for giving young umpires a go, but in a GF they have to be ready.

Are you saying they were?
Just my observation, at least one of them looked to be 14-15 and seemed very hesitant to pay free kicks that were not blatantly obvious. i.e. blocking in marking contests, a couple of late head high contacts etc. There was a boundary throw in in the last 5 minutes that was clearly too short that would usually be called back.

I am all for giving young umpires a go, but in a GF they have to be ready.

I was at this game and actually commented to one of my mates that I hadn't noticed the umpires. Thought they did an excellent job.

Amazing come back by PEGS. Got on top around the ball and it appeared that SMS just stopped running. Early on SMS killed them with leg speed and looked like they had a better game plan. PEGS just kept bombing it down the line which worked in SMS's favour. But, after half time it was a complete turn around. 7 goals to 3 against the wind by PEGS was huge and the game was virtually over.

Thought No. 9 and No. 4 for PEGS was best on ground for mine. But, the big ruckman was very good also.

Both teams going up the grade will be interesting. Even though C Grade is probably the weakest I've seen, both teams will need to recruit well to be competitive. PEGS need a bit of class and pace around the ball while SMS need some big fella's to help out No. 9, but they have the pace and skill. Maybe lack fitness which was probably their demise on Saturday.

Disappointed to see that the VAFA sent one senior umpire and a bunch of young kids to do a GF. There were many "no decisions" by the young umps.

I find it ridiculous for you to say that the umpires influenced the game. I thought they were outstanding in officiating the game. Paid major and obvious decisions and let the players play!! That's what you want in any game yet alone a grand final. Nice job taking the high road and blaming the umpires on the 50 point turn around, because it certainly wasn't them who decided the game!!

I find it ridiculous for you to say that the umpires influenced the game. I thought they were outstanding in officiating the game. Paid major and obvious decisions and let the players play!! That's what you want in any game yet alone a grand final. Nice job taking the high road and blaming the umpires on the 50 point turn around, because it certainly wasn't them who decided the game!!
I never blamed the umpires for the result. When did I say that they influenced the result? I didn't even imply that any decisions effected one team more than another.

Good to hear, the umpires don't get enough credit for the job they do. The hardest job in the world to officiate and they do a good job at it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gun Island is not Bedford, nor vice versa. Next one to infer otherwise can have a week off to reflect upon their poor life choices.
dear mr over the post,

out of consideration for the amount of your time taken looking into mr bedford’s reporting of my posts i will ease the carding pressure on you by pushing off from this board before being pushed-off the whole shebang.

it has been a hoot folks.

your former humble servant and with regards from the barred ’sui ni’

#anothervictimofthehumourlessandthefunpolice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back