Division 1 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely amazing game today between the Noble Park Bulls and last years Premiers South Croydon Bulldogs. Went right down to the wire, high scoring and with a finals like atmosphere…one of the best games I've been to. Daughters bf plays for the Bulls, they lost in the dying minute but put up a fantastic showing with our boy kicking 4 goals and BOG.
It's going to be a great season in the EFL :thumbsu:
Well said wooshette. It was an unbeliavable finish !! Sth a bit lucky in the end but great end to end footy played by both sides all day.Your future son in law was a handful and played well

Well said wooshette. It was an unbeliavable finish !! Sth a bit lucky in the end but great end to end footy played by both sides all day.Your future son in law was a handful and played well
Really enjoyed it, the last 2 minutes LOL..waiting for the siren and the clock just kept going! And then it was going to be a draw, then one point..the Bulls kicked 3 behinds in that last minute haha. Still cant believe we lost it but it was a super game :thumbsu:
Huddo had a good day, he’s here relaxing on the couch being spoilt :)

If you listened to the silly 98.1 you would have heard all about it

Dont really understand why they need to do post mortems on the radio game for an hour and leave 5 minutes for around the ground scores (which they only had 5 or 6)

Saw just over a quarter of The Dogs & Bears up to half time. I did leave thinking the dogs were working their way into the contest, & wasn't shocked to see they got up. Noble will be better than some anticipated after a mass exodus, which is a credit to the club.

Great to see really competitive games across at the top level. Have an off day & you will pay the price, bring on Round 2.

The first half was pretty much all the Bulls, but we knew the Dogs would come back hard in the second half and they did, they beat us comprehensibly through the midfield in the third quarter. The last quarter was just a nail biting goal for goal high intensity fight to the death. Wonderful footy from everyone and the spectators loved it.
Losing was a tough pill to swallow especially with the missed opportunities in the last 2 minutes, but I'm sure the Bulls will take plenty of heart and confidence from that performance against the reigning premiers!.

Great standard of footy at cheong today . Donny deserved the win today bob beecroft Bigger bodies inside and very fit . We could see it coming half thru the 3rd .very even season

Fantastic game of footy Rich, & agree the standard in 2018 is up. Have been saying for a bit now nearly all clubs have improved & this is great. Have a bad quarter etc the game will disappear no matter which club it is. People continually banging on about points being reduced, I don't see after 2017 & the opening rounds in 2018 why there is a need for a dramatic further reduction.

To be honest early in the last was hoping to we would just hang in there. South have a great mix of talls & smalls as we already knew. Zippy's goalkicking in the last was incredible, despite his time away is still dangerous around the sticks.

Our current issue is that we cannot afford to continue to give up starts. Now 3 games in a row & have been lucky to get away with a couple. Happy to get one over a very good side after the disappointment of the previous week.

Speaking of umpires bob beecroft. Apparently 2 of the 3 umpires in the Sth v Donny game were AFL umpires who were there to keep an eye on other one who was a efl trainee. Thought the game was umpired really well

Gutless act of the week goes to Number 9 from Knox who at about the 20 minute mark of the last quarter king hits a Balwyn player off the Ball. Straight punch to the face. I was standing on the far wing 20 metres from the punch (so this is just a fact before you hang me for spreading rumours).

If you can't control yourself then i strongly believe there is no place for you in local football - all 36 players can go around punching - it is not a difficult technique.

Also, big quodos to the Know supporter in the stand for threatening the umpire in the last quarter with a comment along the lines of, "whatever you do don't come over on our side of the ground". That is clearly a threat and bullying - has Knox always put up with such bad behaviour - the members and supporters in the stand were clearly very drunk, but that should not be an excuse for such low rent poor behaviour.

BTW, the umpiring was fairly good from what I could see (if the Full Back stands on the line when kicking in, it is a bounce in the square - Knox supporters mightn't understand this simple rule, as that got extremely upset when this was adjudicated).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely amazing game today between the Noble Park Bulls and last years Premiers South Croydon Bulldogs. Went right down to the wire, high scoring and with a finals like atmosphere…one of the best games I've been to. Daughters bf plays for the Bulls, they lost in the dying minute but put up a fantastic showing with our boy kicking 4 goals and BOG.
It's going to be a great season in the EFL :thumbsu:
Noble Park are certainly going to be around the mark Wooshette, a very even competition.

Noble Park are certainly going to be around the mark Wooshette, a very even competition.
We got smashed on Saturday by Norwood though, worst game I've ever seen them play lol. But they look great so far besides that :straining:

D1 U19's must be a real problem for the EFL and the viable clubs left in it with both Knox and North Ringwood forfeiting yesterday.At this stage it looks like only 7 teams are not having trouble with player numbers.The only way I can see around it is a graded U19 fixtures similar to other junior fixtures but that perhaps puts enormous pressure on club volunteers when the U19's play at a different venue to their 1's and 2's.

Just spotted there is no fixture for D1 U19's from next week end so perhaps a new fixture is on the cards for D1 clubs

PS Interesting all 10 D2 teams have U19's.

Last edited:
IT issues this week but back on line.

Gave away a start again last week & paid for it. Worked hard to get back into it & got within a goal half way through the last, but experienced heads settled Balwyn & they came away with the win.

Interesting to see what the adverse weather does to results this weekend.

IT issues this week but back on line.

Gave away a start again last week & paid for it. Worked hard to get back into it & got within a goal half way through the last, but experienced heads settled Balwyn & they came away with the win.

Interesting to see what the adverse weather does to results this weekend.
How pigeon going. Tyson hartwig

What’s going on at Norwood!! Seen them the last 2 games and are playing terrible . Nth ringwood very undermanned and still won . Looks as though their WAFL recruit got injured as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back