Division 1 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Fitzgerald wasn't trying to be funny, can't see that anywhere in the article so hardly a valid point.
Second, how many goals did you kick in your first AFL game to be able to pass judgement about Fitzgerald's football ability and again hardly a valid point.
Third, Goodes won his first Brownlow in the year AFTER Eade left in the middle of 2002, so it looks like Fitzgerald's comments are accurate.
Fourth, Fitzgerald can make those comments because he was there. It doesn't make them any less true because they were made 18 years later.
When did I say Fitzgerald was trying to be funny in this instance? He’s paid to be funny in his profession and IMO fails . Rodney Eade survived 42 years at the top level and I’m sure would take back some of the thousands of interactions he had with players , journos , supporters , whoever back . After 42 years who wouldn’t? Fitzgerald is an opportunist and a grandstander and equal to the worst number 4 draft pick in the history of the draft . After reading his poor me crap I’m hardly surprised. I’ve met Rodney Eade several times and found him to be an extremely affable person who looks you in the eye and communicates in a way you know he’s not pissing in your pocket . And don’t worry about my credentials to comment Cliff . I can assure you I’m qualified.

Think Eade polarises players from all reports. Some obviously love him, reckon there would be a camp that despise him because of his acidic tongue. M eeting in a social situation is no doubt different to having him coach you.
Each to their own though - think Fitzgerald is allowed to comment and it is only bc of his public profile that he has a voice - if he had just been a footballer with his career then no one would listen or care.

Think Eade polarises players from all reports. Some obviously love him, reckon there would be a camp that despise him because of his acidic tongue. M eeting in a social situation is no doubt different to having him coach you.
Each to their own though - think Fitzgerald is allowed to comment and it is only bc of his public profile that he has a voice - if he had just been a footballer with his career then no one would listen or care.
Fair points you make . However I didn’t meet Eade in a social sense . As I have stated I am sure there are numerous interactions that ALL of us would during our years doing all sorts of endeavours, for Fitzgerald to highlight something that happened 18 years ago now has opportunism written all over it. Someone doesn’t last 42 years in an industry like the AFL being a complete a-hole . You do last 3 years being weak though .

Fair points you make . However I didn’t meet Eade in a social sense . As I have stated I am sure there are numerous interactions that ALL of us would during our years doing all sorts of endeavours, for Fitzgerald to highlight something that happened 18 years ago now has opportunism written all over it. Someone doesn’t last 42 years in an industry like the AFL being a complete a-hole . You do last 3 years being weak though .
Opportunism? He was on a podcast discussing his career and responded to a question. I'm pretty sure he didn't write that article or the headline attached to it. You make it sound like he's orchestrated a plan to tarnish Rocket's reputation via the media. Get a grip.

Opportunism? He was on a podcast discussing his career and responded to a question. I'm pretty sure he didn't write that article or the headline attached to it. You make it sound like he's orchestrated a plan to tarnish Rocket's reputation via the media. Get a grip.
May have sounded like that to you .
Oh I must have got it wrong. So he was saying how good a bloke Rocket was . My mistake, I thought he was putting s**t on him . Content versus context . Discussing his career ? Short interview. You can look at it anyway you want , I’ll respect your view .

Not a Rodney Eade fan by the look of it Cliff,lol
I wouldn't say that GMac. As a Hawthorn supporter and someone who saw his very first game I always liked Eade as a player. I had heard rumours about what he was like as a coach, but rumours are rumours and you don't know how accurate or truthful they are. It wasn't until Eade applied for the coaching job (and lobbied very hard apparently) at Hawthorn that I heard through the brother of one of my friends, who was on the Hawthorn staff at the time that Eade's ascerbic comments to players and his relationships with some players were a worry to Hawthorn. He didn't get the job and an inexperienced coach (compared to Eade) was appointed.
I just replied because the response to my original post didn't seem to be anything other than an emotive response about Fitzgerald.
I still think that Fitzgerald has identified the most likely reason why a couple of players signed by Balwyn left.

Did anyone see the recent leader news article regarding Eade and his coaching during the Noble Park game? I think it was supposed to be an article giving some good insight, instead you can see how much of a knob Eade is and why plenty of players would hate him.

I wouldn't say that GMac. As a Hawthorn supporter and someone who saw his very first game I always liked Eade as a player. I had heard rumours about what he was like as a coach, but rumours are rumours and you don't know how accurate or truthful they are. It wasn't until Eade applied for the coaching job (and lobbied very hard apparently) at Hawthorn that I heard through the brother of one of my friends, who was on the Hawthorn staff at the time that Eade's ascerbic comments to players and his relationships with some players were a worry to Hawthorn. He didn't get the job and an inexperienced coach (compared to Eade) was appointed.
I just replied because the response to my original post didn't seem to be anything other than an emotive response about Fitzgerald.
I still think that Fitzgerald has identified the most likely reason why a couple of players signed by Balwyn left.[/
I still think that Fitzgerald has identified the most likely reason why a couple of players signed by Balwyn left.
Only an emotive response about Fitzgerald? You must have selective reading Cliff. Didn’t I say I’d met Eade several times in a football environment and found him to be affable and very honest? Oh I forgot coaches need to piss in everyone’s pockets . Also my next door neighbor’s best mates cousin doesn’t like him either. I just choose to make my own judgement on people .

Only an emotive response about Fitzgerald? You must have selective reading Cliff. Didn’t I say I’d met Eade several times in a football environment and found him to be affable and very honest? Oh I forgot coaches need to piss in everyone’s pockets . Also my next door neighbor’s best mates cousin doesn’t like him either. I just choose to make my own judgement on people .
This is your original answer.
Weak as piss from Fitzgerald if you ask me . Taken him almost 20 years and 1st year Eade is out of the AFL . Eade really affected Goodes career didn’t he ? s**t footballer and unfunny.
This looks more like selective reading from you. It also looks more like, I don't like the message, so shoot the messenger!

This is your original answer.
This looks more like selective reading from you. It also looks more like, I don't like the message, so shoot the messenger!
Nice editing champ . You and I know there was more than one post . Anyway keep highlighting what you choose . At the end of the day the punters will have their say no matter how accurate or ignorant they are .

Bugger me - Leader Local write an article on Eade every fortnight.
Appears it is contagious.

A lot of 'other' good things happening in the EadeFL, apart a coach of a side that may miss finals for the first time in many years.

moving to melbourne and looking for a club to play footy, will be living inner city, what clubs would i be looking at??

Depends how far east you want to travel to and what division.Important to remember you have the Eastern freeway and there are quite a few clubs close to the freeway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Croydon played the conditions better today. Vermont didn’t have a plan b or c. Big king in the ruck again was their best
Yep was a real slog in the 2nf half . 1st half Sth had it in there forwArd line 75% but couldn’t convert.
Has thrown the the Compitetion open but conditions weren’t great .

Hope im hearing wrong but knox forfeiteing 2s ???

Have heard similar unless it is because of your post. The schedule of games is a little different with the womans luncheon on at Vermont tomorrow and the U19's playing at a different venue to the seniors.10AM start with the 2's followed by the 1's at 12 and the senior womans game between Vermont and Knox at 2.Even more interesting is the U19's home Vermont game top of the table clash against Blackburn has been moved to Doncaster as the curtain raiser for the Doncaster v Blackburn games seeing Doncaster do not have 19's.

Last edited:
Have heard similar unless it is because of your post. The schedule of games is a little different with the womans luncheon on at Vermont tomorrow and the U19's playing at a different venue to the seniors.10AM start with the 2's followed by the 1's at 12 and the senior womans game between Vermont and Knox at 2.Even more interesting is the U19's home Vermont game top of the table clash against Blackburn has been moved to Doncaster as the curtain raiser for the Doncaster v Blackburn games seeing Doncaster do not have 19's.
19s game moved back to vermont as there is no ressies game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back