Division 1 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackburn vs Sth Croydon in both Ressies and Seniors. Gonna be two cracker games. I'd expect them both to be close games.

I'll tip the Burners to win in the Ressies and the Dogs to win in the Seniors.

Blackburn vs Sth Croydon in both Ressies and Seniors. Gonna be two cracker games. I'd expect them both to be close games.

I'll tip the Burners to win in the Ressies and the Dogs to win in the Seniors.

Well you got your thriller in the ones with extra time. Few interesting calls by the clowns in green in the second half that really didn’t help the burners who gave it their all.

That being said, straight kicking for goal would have seen Blackburn well home.

Vermont by 10+ next week, south will be cooked from today

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well you got your thriller in the ones with extra time. Few interesting calls by the clowns in green in the second half that really didn’t help the burners who gave it their all.

Unfortunately I think you’re right and it’ll be pretty one sided next week.

Real arm wrestle today and what a relief at the final siren . A real gutsy win . Both teams were hard at it all day. Don’t bring the clowns in green up hansie you are embarrassing yourself .with that s**t. Blackburn blew it and you know it . I am extremely proud of what Sth have done today and and to make two grand finals in a row is s fantastic achievement. . Underdogs yes again but we will enjoy it!!

Real arm wrestle today and what a relief at the final siren . A real gutsy win . Both teams were hard at it all day. Don’t bring the clowns in green up hansie you are embarrassing yourself .with that s**t. Blackburn blew it and you know it . I am extremely proud of what Sth have done today and and to make two grand finals in a row is s fantastic achievement. . Underdogs yes again but we will enjoy it!!

Fair shout but you misread me. I said some interesting decisions and mentioned Blackburn poor conversion- what the hell else do you want me to say?!?

Fair shout but you misread me. I said some interesting decisions and mentioned Blackburn poor conversion- what the hell else do you want me to say?!?

No worries but why bring the umpires up! They didn’t influence the game at all. It was a real fantastic tussle . Obviously could have gone either way . If u think it is relevant to half blame the umpires good on you . think it’s really poor that’s all.

But how did the boundaries go? ;)

We all thought that it would be one sided in 2017 & that was even worse when Maxy pulled out (keep the big man in cotton wool Richie). The Eagles appear to have a big opportunity but as per 2017 you just never know what the day brings.

As a neutral, Go Dogs.

That deliberate call right before overtime was absolutely pathetic and perhaps even cost us the game before overtime but I digress. We did give it our all and I guess that was all we could do. Just makes us hungrier for next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing we were missing from our Fwd line were those flukey goals Sth Croydon get. It was a scrappy game but when it got close to our goals you'd just think someone would be out to get the handball and goal but it just came straight out of our 50 and then before you know it some Sth Croydon blokes dribbled it from 50 out with no effort even exerted. Makes the arm wrestle we just had in our 50 entirely wasteful.

With that said though, I thought we could've brought it to Vermont. I think they should win comfortably the way they've been playing in the finals. 3+ goals.

The only thing we were missing from our Fwd line were those flukey goals Sth Croydon get. It was a scrappy game but when it got close to our goals you'd just think someone would be out to get the handball and goal but it just came straight out of our 50 and then before you know it some Sth Croydon blokes dribbled it from 50 out with no effort even exerted. Makes the arm wrestle we just had in our 50 entirely wasteful.

Flukey or just too fast for the defence. When something happens regularly it usually is not a fluke!

In saying that everyone gets some lucky bounces or free kicks or some unlucky ones. They even out but sometimes where they occur on the ground is not so balanced.
Great hard contested game of footy though!

Last edited:
Picked up on a couple of selections with team of the year I found surprising.
King - forward pocket . Never played there in his life!!!
Tranquil- coach . They went out in Straight sets . Surely Singh has to get it
Max King - very unlucky
jack Whelan - unlucky - 3rd in the comp b&F in a team that finished bottom 4

Who actually picks the teams? Any other surprising ones??

Last edited:
I must say I prefer to see people picked in their positions, bit like the League team this year but maybe following on from the AFL where they consistently pick a mid in the forward line. AT obviously does a good job and has for years but maybe not this year given the end of season outcome after strong recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back