D1 Division 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much talk bout Preston in here. Not quite up to their standard last year but a couple pick ups should put them back in finals. Hull or laser should give them a boost Hood flying on track and Deandre looks in good nick

Thanks , but Ormond is playing NOBS on the 24th and have the Gunn for Carrum , GI is behind the times.

Is that Carrum as in Carrum PL from the 4th Division of the Sh!t Football League? I guess it’s a matter for Ash but surprised you wouldn't be looking for stronger opposition.

Is that Carrum as in Carrum PL from the 4th Division of the Sh!t Football League? I guess it’s a matter for Ash but surprised you wouldn't be looking for stronger opposition.
Yes, it was organised from an assistant coach as they said they had a ground, which ended up bullshit. Anyhow have now the Gunn and it was too late to change.

Thanks , but Ormond is playing NOBS on the 24th and have the Gunn for Carrum , GI is behind the times.

No worries mate! Where finding it hard to get a practice match for next weekend at home. The boys are about to rip the doors off the hinges at the footy club desperate for a game

Very quiet on here . Got to be some practice matches coming up this week . Ormond are playing Carrum ,but I hear the SFL club have stuffed up on booking a ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Getting grounds this year has been a nightmare - we've had 2 potential practice matches fall through because of it. I know it's a challenge every year but this year seems like it's been even worse.

Yes, it was organised from an assistant coach as they said they had a ground, which ended up bullshit. Anyhow have now the Gunn and it was too late to change.

Fair enough. Horrible opposition all the same ! Playing for the Russell & Steve Barnes cup perhaps?

19's are at Beaconsfield if we have enough after De La have raided our stocks.

According to the clearance page only one Ormond VAFA player has crossed to DLS and a check of player records shows he has played 4 games for Ormond in 2 years. A few from the juniors but as you keep saying they are an entirely different club.

According to the clearance page only one Ormond VAFA player has crossed to DLS and a check of player records shows he has played 4 games for Ormond in 2 years. A few from the juniors but as you keep saying they are an entirely different club.
4 games and that's because of Sandy Dragons, they are a different body , but it is the flow on. It just shits me to death

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 games and that's because of Sandy Dragons, they are a different body , but it is the flow on. It just shits me to death

So why the angst towards DLS when other VAFA clubs have had significantly more transfers from Ormond? He is not an U19 player anyway so not sure how one senior transfer impacts on U19 numbers?

If you are talking about SMJFL Ormond juniors into VAFA Ormond seniors I get it but that is a different issue.

So why the angst towards DLS when other VAFA clubs have had significantly more transfers from Ormond? He is not an U19 player anyway so not sure how one senior transfer impacts on U19 numbers?

If you are talking about SMJFL Ormond juniors into VAFA Ormond seniors I get it but that is a different issue.

Good onya Jimmy-I have to agree .

That is what I meant Jimmy , that's our feeder club . There is 1 person driving them to De La and he has a prominent role at the Hawks

That is what I meant Jimmy , that's our feeder club . There is 1 person driving them to De La and he has a prominent role at the Hawks

Sorry mate I have no idea who you are talking about as to the best of my knowledge there is nobody at our club involved with the Hawks. (Clarko’s kids go to Wesley or Caulfield Grammar don’t they?). I don’t want to come across as a smartarse here as I do sympathise but if kids who are right on your door step are choosing not to play for senior club then the issue might be about how they perceive the Ormond seniors.

I think it is more about kids moving out of juniors just wanting to play with mates from school. They don’t all transition to seniors, particularly in Premier and they generally find their own level so a few will probably find their way back. I would actually support the VAFA capping clubs at 2 x U19 and 3 x senior teams but until they do it is difficult for clubs to just not accept players.

Well obviously you need to ask yourselves why kids are listening to him, and not those from OAFC. Identifying the threat’s one thing, addressing it is another.

At least it doesn’t look like $$$ is a factor. Do you ever get kids who can’t quite cut it in Premier/Premier B coming back to Ormond as 21-24 year olds to play more senior footy?

One would think that’d be a good way to “return the favour” - if possible

Sorry mate I have no idea who you are talking about as to the best of my knowledge there is nobody at our club involved with the Hawks. (Clarko’s kids go to Wesley or Caulfield Grammar don’t they?). I don’t want to come across as a smartarse here as I do sympathise but if kids who are right on your door step are choosing not to play for senior club then the issue might be about how they perceive the Ormond seniors.

I think it is more about kids moving out of juniors just wanting to play with mates from school. They don’t all transition to seniors, particularly in Premier and they generally find their own level so a few will probably find their way back. I would actually support the VAFA capping clubs at 2 x U19 and 3 x senior teams but until they do it is difficult for clubs to just not accept players.
Jason Burt

Agree with most, just disappointing for some who put in a lot of time and energy and your mate Ash has done so much only for that person driving them away. A lot stems from the 17s not being able to play in last years GF that's to a small honest mistake by the junior club (should have been a fine) some like that parent blamed the senior club. Totally agree with clubs being restricted to 2 19's and maybe 3 or 4 seniors.

FWIW I notice a few big names are out from Ivanhoe. Anyone want to shed any light?
Yes many have left and many travelling. We have lost 13 to 14 of our better players. Lost to Yarra Valley by 5 goals today.

Ironically we have picked up quite a few who can play. If we'd kept everyone we'd be flag contenders but the old saying comes to mind if your aunty had balls ...

Remains to be seen but we will be far from horrible.

Last edited:
Yes many have left and many travelling. We have lost 13 to 14 of our better players. Lost to Yarra Valley by 5 goals today.

Ironically we have picked up quite a few who can play. If we'd kept everyone we'd be flag contenders but the old saying comes to mind if your aunty had balls ...

Remains to be seen but we will be far from horrible.

Sounds like it’s going to be a tough year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back