D1 Division 1 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Elaborate ? Is Div 1 closer than say C where only one team can win. Div 2 is a shambles.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I haven't paid much attention to the other grades this year but when you look at the ladders:

Prem A has 5 that could win it really, one of the more even comps.
Prem B looks like a race in 2 with Caulfield and Scotch
Prem C has Williamstown then daylight
D1 has 5 teams still in it with two others that were in it until round 15
D2 is a race for second to Whitefriars
D3 looks like a two horse race between Manningham and Aquinas
D4 has St Francis Xavier OC as clear top with Elsternwick and Albert Park both chances at second.

At Kew today watching sms, firstly Kew were far far far to good for the saints, which kills me to say. But after seeing them, and Preston last week, I think Kew are the team to beat.
Secondly, the umpiring this year has been an absolute disgrace, yeah I get they are struggling to get them, but they are so horribly inconsistent it’s a joke. Are the Vafa coaching these blokes? They have no idea!
Thirdly, to hear the sms umpire from the 2s game was followed to his car by a Kew supporter and physically assaulted not Once but twice is absolutely appalling!!! Kew are better than that so hopefully that gets followed up in a serious manner!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At Kew today watching sms, firstly Kew were far far far to good for the saints, which kills me to say. But after seeing them, and Preston last week, I think Kew are the team to beat.
Secondly, the umpiring this year has been an absolute disgrace, yeah I get they are struggling to get them, but they are so horribly inconsistent it’s a joke. Are the Vafa coaching these blokes? They have no idea!
Thirdly, to hear the sms umpire from the 2s game was followed to his car by a Kew supporter and physically assaulted not Once but twice is absolutely appalling!!! Kew are better than that so hopefully that gets followed up in a serious manner!

From what I’ve heard of what happened it’s very disappointing and I’m sure it will be dealt with!

On the game, good to finally get some nice weather for a game. Thought st Mary’s were good in patches, their forward line is dangerous but unfortunately didn’t have the cattle across the ground.

Results went as expected except for Preston vs Peninsula - margin wise that is. Peninsula vs Oakleigh for fourth spot next week. Massive.

Pretty ordinary round of footy suspense wise, however next week is shaping to be a big one
4th vs 5th, Peninsula need the win and %
Preston playing for top 2, have PA thrown the towel in?
Therry is out of the race you'd think, but they would not want to lose there, their poor start to the year definitely cost them
Wooden spoon match is also on next week
All in all, has been a great year. For at least 10-11 games, 8 teams were a genuine chance to play finals and every game had massive finals implications it seemed up until 2 or 3 rounds ago until the top 5 or so were settled

My prediction is Oakleigh will sneak in, and will throw everything they have at UHS in the first final, with the Uni boys winning there (more balanced around the ground)
With Kew taking the chocolates against Preston, as they seem to match up well against them, going by their convincing 10 goal win against them at the start of the year

Huh, I believe the opposite after watching both (well the second half of yesterdays game).

Absolutely agree. The slightly older one was terrible, especially with a few head high tackes.

Unfortunate that, especially after hearing the controversy that happened during the game towards Kew with their umpire (well, according to our supporters). I get we're rivals and everything, but can't you just be happy that you knocked us out of finals contention in the 2's?

Pretty ordinary round of footy suspense wise, however next week is shaping to be a big one
4th vs 5th, Peninsula need the win and %
Preston playing for top 2, have PA thrown the towel in?
Therry is out of the race you'd think, but they would not want to lose there, their poor start to the year definitely cost them
Wooden spoon match is also on next week
All in all, has been a great year. For at least 10-11 games, 8 teams were a genuine chance to play finals and every game had massive finals implications it seemed up until 2 or 3 rounds ago until the top 5 or so were settled

My prediction is Oakleigh will sneak in, and will throw everything they have at UHS in the first final, with the Uni boys winning there (more balanced around the ground)
With Kew taking the chocolates against Preston, as they seem to match up well against them, going by their convincing 10 goal win against them at the start of the year

Agree r.e. Peninsula missing the 4, they shot themselves in the foot yesterday with the final margin - plus, a big win for Oakleigh really didn't help the percentage swing. To put it in perspective, if Peninsula win this week 100-50 they still wouldn't make the 4, their percentage would go to ~126.7%, and Oakleigh's would still be ~127.1%. Still, I've seen stranger things happen in local footy, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Agree r.e. Peninsula missing the 4, they shot themselves in the foot yesterday with the final margin - plus, a big win for Oakleigh really didn't help the percentage swing. To put it in perspective, if Peninsula win this week 100-50 they still wouldn't make the 4, their percentage would go to ~126.7%, and Oakleigh's would still be ~127.1%. Still, I've seen stranger things happen in local footy, that's for sure.
An ironically in a season were virtually nothing has gone right for us, our victory over Peninsula could be the difference between them making finals or not. Footy certainly is a funny game

100% it is
They definitely will rue that one
I hope next season is a positive up tick for you boys

100% it is
They definitely will rue that one
I hope next season is a positive up tick for you boys
Thanks Heslop. The vibe around the place is still good despite the setback. We've played about a dozen U19s this year, so there are a few positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back