Division 1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No G not me or your old mate Level Nuts although the ‘interesting poster’ would have given they away. Poor old LN is a light of other days.

Posted in Div 1 for a reason, let’s see if we can draw the man out. 😜

An old contributor to the EFL forum & sporadically here has stepped up & become president of a club.
Can we flush this old 'baller' out of hibernation? Was certainly one of the more interesting posters in his time.

Well I did nominate 2 people last night but now deleted and checking through all EFNL D1 sides current presidents I think you are mis leading us all.I did suspect you but you deny and not me and will continue to remain as the social media manager of our great club,lol.PS The redevelopment at the mighty MCG of the East,Walker Park is going well and the good news for the Blackburn boys was the rooms are being knocked down right now.I will pass on your comments about my good mate Level Nuts.PS Have you and I ever met.

he might get his mate Hitman on the committee

Oh my gawd is this my old sparring mate Fatside from EFL Forum days on the Big Footy forum.Did the aged care home on the sunshine coast let you post this ,lol.Seriously good to hear from you and hope you are well and you most likely remember I thought you were in the earlier days a retired Victorian living on the sunshine coast.I now know what you have done for footy in that part of the world and well done.Can I just remind you that I was critical of the big 4 in the 2,000's who were paid the big bucks and you disagreed with me.We now have a salary cap and a points system which I am sure even you would now agree with. perhaps.Walker Park did get a mention from myself and even you might agree it is now the MCG of the East.East Ringwood v Mitcham R1 next season,I hope brother Peter is there and even your good self if that is possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fatty is an ex Box Hill & Doncaster star G 👍. More likely to see Peter on a netball court these days.

Yep heard Peter is in to netball because of a family of girls,always thought Fatty was involved at East Ringwood but it seems I am wrong
A question to yourself ,ever thought Doncaster would be better off playing in the Northern Football League instead of the EFNL with the problems in your neck of the woods with juniors/private schools etc.?And I can see you are not happy if Berwick come into the EFNL,your thoughts.

Last edited:
I don't think being in a different league would make any difference as the issue would exist either way. Obviously this makes it difficult to compete especially at the highest level, but it just means that we need to attempt to be better in other areas.

Still unsure as to what the appeal for clubs was to admit Berwick. This will not just end with one, so any club in lower grades with aspirations to climb up have just made it significantly harder themselves for years to come. Foreign concept to me, perhaps they are comfortable where they are but I know I have heard the likes of Surrey claim to have aspirations to play in higher grades in the past. Good luck if we end up adding another 4 clubs that will have obvious advantages in demographics & population.

Not sure how lower grade clubs believe they will leap over these import clubs going forward.

Oh my gawd is this my old sparring mate Fatside from EFL Forum days on the Big Footy forum.Did the aged care home on the sunshine coast let you post this ,lol.Seriously good to hear from you and hope you are well and you most likely remember I thought you were in the earlier days a retired Victorian living on the sunshine coast.I now know what you have done for footy in that part of the world and well done.Can I just remind you that I was critical of the big 4 in the 2,000's who were paid the big bucks and you disagreed with me.We now have a salary cap and a points system which I am sure even you would now agree with. perhaps.Walker Park did get a mention from myself and even you might agree it is now the MCG of the East.East Ringwood v Mitcham R1 next season,I hope brother Peter is there and even your good self if that is possible.

Points system and salary cap starting to be enforced at all levels of footy in Qld now - which will be a good thing. Fantastic to see a changing landscape in EFL footy where clubs like Sth Croydon have had success in recent years. Unheard of once upon a time. Interestingly there is a possee of blokes that make there way to Vic every winter as FIFO players - attract less points and damn good footballers. Is a good breeding ground up this way for relatively small outlay compared to what some guys demand in Vic. Not sure I was ever critical of the $$ paid to the big 4 clubs at the time G - more that changing demographics would allow for change to occur if clubs manage things properly. Rowville classic example. Vermont seem like the only constant.
And had a boy from this area drafted by Richmond for 2020 - great kid, will be following keenly to see how he progresses next year.

Last edited:
Points system and salary cap starting to be enforced at all levels of footy in Qld now - which will be a good thing. Fantastic to see a changing landscape in EFL footy where clubs like Sth Croydon have had success in recent years. Unheard of once upon a time. Interestingly there is a possee of blokes that make there way to Vic every winter as FIFO players - attract less points and damn good footballers. Is a good breeding ground up this way for relatively small outlay compared to what some guys demand in Vic. Not sure I was ever critical of the $$ paid to the big 4 clubs at the time G - more that changing demographics would allow for change to occur if clubs manage things properly. Rowville classic example. Vermont seem like the only constant.
And had a boy from this area drafted by the premiers for 2020 - great kid, will be following keenly to see how he progresses next year.

A lot has changed in the last 10 to 15 years and I think for the better.People that do not know what I am talking about when I mention Big 4 Vermont,Noble Park,East Ringwood and East Burwood were the dominant D1 teams in the early 2,000's

An old contributor to the EFL forum & sporadically here has stepped up & become president of a club.
Can we flush this old 'baller' out of hibernation? Was certainly one of the more interesting posters in his time.
All Facebook and other such social media have been deleted. No communication from Lowey via social media while he is President (or living at home with mum).

Last edited:
Cliff what are your thoughts on Berwick?
You boys are working hard to rebuild & while it is an ongoing project it's heading in the right direction.
Wonder if the Rams vote was compromised given the leg up they were provided recently.

Clubs didn't want them in at Div 1/2 level but are happy for them to jump into Premier, I guess on the basis that they are too strong for those grades. Have these clubs considered the full down effect of this? Clubs will come down & others will give up the chance for promotion, not just this year but in the next few years as the queue is developing.

I think even G is starting to understand what this means for his club (taken a while old fella).

Would love someone to convince what the benefits at club level on this are as I'm struggling to see any at the moment.

Cliff what are your thoughts on Berwick?
You boys are working hard to rebuild & while it is an ongoing project it's heading in the right direction.
Wonder if the Rams vote was compromised given the leg up they were provided recently.

Clubs didn't want them in at Div 1/2 level but are happy for them to jump into Premier, I guess on the basis that they are too strong for those grades. Have these clubs considered the full down effect of this? Clubs will come down & others will give up the chance for promotion, not just this year but in the next few years as the queue is developing.

I think even G is starting to understand what this means for his club (taken a while old fella).

Would love someone to convince what the benefits at club level on this are as I'm struggling to see any at the moment.

Please explain "starting to understand what this means for his club", not sure what you are on about there.If Berwick come in D1 is the grade that is going to be effected the most.No promotion again and 2 teams relegated again from this grade.It should be no promotion from D2 as well and only 1 team relegated from D1.I would have thought the biggest issue in the EFNL at the moment are those bottom 3 teams in D4 and whether they can be more competitive.

I think it is the start of something that will have a major impact on the EFL. I know that Dingley are interested and maybe Heidelberg will have another go. Over recent years there have been a number of teams rumoured to be interested in joining, this might just open the floodgates.

I think it is the start of something that will have a major impact on the EFL. I know that Dingley are interested and maybe Heidelberg will have another go. Over recent years there have been a number of teams rumoured to be interested in joining, this might just open the floodgates.

nek minnit it’s just “greater Melbourne metropolitan football league” with 200 teams and 20 divisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back