D1 Division 1 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't see it, although we did play them without Cloke. I was honestly more impressed with Brunswick the two times we played them than Oakleigh.
Fair enough, it may have just been in the games versus Kew. I agree RE Brunswick, thought they showed plenty in Round 2, and have had a few heartbreaking losses.

Don't shoot the messenger champion! I agree RE their club umpire, too.

Oakleigh had been reasonably impressive against Kew, particularly in Round 5, and I still think they're better than their record suggests. Friars for mine are now premiership faves, though. Haven't lost since Round 1 and are seemingly taking everyone to the cleaners up at Friar Park

How about Old Camberwell's draw, don't have to play Kew or Whitefriars until Rounds 17 and 18

I really wanted to go ask him if he even knew the rules but held my tongue 😉

Oakleigh were much better on their little home ground than away where they were blown away. Whitefriars didn’t even seem to put much effort into Cloke this time instead just starving him of supply.

Hard to know what to think of OC, heard there’s a very simple plan to beat them. We’ll see what happens those last 2 games, could be bad for them as if things stay as is, one slip up could drop a team to third.

Brunswick vs Old Camberwell
PEGS vs Whitefriars
Prahran Assumption
vs Therry Penola
Kew vs Old Peninsula
Oakleigh vs St.Marys Salesian

Huge week next week, in particular the old enemies in St Mary's vs Kew (which happens to be one of our luncheons) and Prahran vs Whitefriars. If we win and Friars win it's 1 game and percentage between 4th and 5th but if the reverse happens it's 3 games and percentage. Most likely it'll be 2 games and percentage difference maintained but it could make it very interesting.

Huge week next week, in particular the old enemies in St Mary's vs Kew (which happens to be one of our luncheons) and Prahran vs Whitefriars. If we win and Friars win it's 1 game and percentage between 4th and 5th but if the reverse happens it's 3 games and percentage. Most likely it'll be 2 games and percentage difference maintained but it could make it very interesting.

Looking forward to it Eth. Funny that our local rivals always seem to drop their functions on the rounds when they play Kew at home. Ormond and Therry have been notorious for it :tearsofjoy:

It is a massive game, St Marys have been flying since the Round 4 clash. I'd be very surprised if Prahran knock over Friars, though - IMO WF are currently the team to beat.

Looking forward to it Eth. Funny that our local rivals always seem to drop their functions on the rounds when they play Kew at home. Ormond and Therry have been notorious for it :tearsofjoy:

It is a massive game, St Marys have been flying since the Round 4 clash. I'd be very surprised if Prahran knock over Friars, though - IMO WF are currently the team to beat.
We generally have a 3 week window for both our luncheons and then lock in whichever home game is amongst them once the fixture is released

Hopefully that doesn't happen again lol

Think I'm going to risk it here and make my play for the win.

SMS
OC
PEGS
Therry
Prahran

Gotta be different from workhorse in at least one game a round for the rest of the season if I'm to claw that margin back.

St.Marys Salesian vs Kew
Old Camberwell
vs Oakleigh
Old Peninsula vs PEGS
Therry Penola
vs Brunswick
Prahran Assumption vs Whitefriars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I'm going to risk it here and make my play for the win.

SMS
OC
PEGS
Therry
Prahran

Gotta be different from workhorse in at least one game a round for the rest of the season if I'm to claw that margin back.
Actually gonna switch PEGS to Peninsula and Prahran to Whitefriars

Everyone moves up a position. if you're fixtured to play Kew it's a 'bye win' with no % added to your team total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back