GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SAT 10/9
Kew
Old CamberwellOld CamberwellKew
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
PEGSPEGSPEGS
Glen Eira

Last edited:

I did. They towelled up Glen Eira and were quite unlucky to go down with 30 seconds to go (hint: do not give away blatant free kicks 30m out from goal). Yesterday they really were hungry for the ball and that made all the difference against an Oakleigh side that was missing a key player and simply fell apart.

OTP-Pazza.jpg

And as promised, proof that the self-professed bigfooty legends pazza and Over The Post made a guest appearance at Therry last weekend. The last time we umpired together was around 15 years ago.

Despite my handle, it's quite rare for me to call a ball genuinely over the post - maybe once a season - and TP managed to kick two directly over the goalpost in the same game, leading to unbridled amusement and delight from both the TP twos gathered behind the sticks and the club stalwarts outside the rooms, all thoroughly convinced that they had a much better view than I!

And we won't mention the late game start after getting locked out of the umps room at 3/4 time in the ressies, the key getting stuck until the president broke it off in the lock, unsuccessful prying and drilling, and the locksmith turning up seconds after the door was smashed open... :)

It was a good day out, great buzz in the rooms after the game.

View attachment 1441213

And as promised, proof that the self-professed bigfooty legends pazza and Over The Post made a guest appearance at Therry last weekend. The last time we umpired together was around 15 years ago.

Despite my handle, it's quite rare for me to call a ball genuinely over the post - maybe once a season - and TP managed to kick two directly over the goalpost in the same game, leading to unbridled amusement and delight from both the TP twos gathered behind the sticks and the club stalwarts outside the rooms, all thoroughly convinced that they had a much better view than I!

And we won't mention the late game start after getting locked out of the umps room at 3/4 time in the ressies, the key getting stuck until the president broke it off in the lock, unsuccessful prying and drilling, and the locksmith turning up seconds after the door was smashed open... :)

Wish the pair of you were at the St. Mary's Salesian vs OC game. We might have lost by 20 goals instead of 35...

View attachment 1441213

An honour. Nice to see you got my good side! Or was that your good side!

View attachment 1441213

Anyone checked if the rooms are ready up at TP yet?

Long time reader first time poster gents. Glen Eira v Prahran this week. The Gryphons have copped it pretty easy this year is it time they finally prove themselves or are they fraudulent in d1 this year? I guess we’ll see how good their coach is after the weekend. Walks around like he’s been in the AFL system for 25 years.

Long time reader first time poster gents. Glen Eira v Prahran this week. The Gryphons have copped it pretty easy this year is it time they finally prove themselves or are they fraudulent in d1 this year? I guess we’ll see how good their coach is after the weekend. Walks around like he’s been in the AFL system for 25 years.
Interesting choice of words. I'm sure both teams have great coaches.

Troll .com .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surprised that the 2 other supercoach lovers on bigfooty havent abused you on here.

In these wet heavy conditions, id back Prahran over gryphons and push gryphons out of 4

surprised that the 2 other supercoach lovers on bigfooty havent abused you on here.

In these wet heavy conditions, id back Prahran over gryphons and push gryphons out of 4
It's a genuine 8 point game and must win. A win puts us 10 points in front of 5th with 5 games to go. A loss keeps us in the 4 but only 2 points clear with some tough games to come.

I don't think Packer Park will be heavy its in pretty good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back