GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SAT 10/9
Kew
Old CamberwellOld CamberwellKew
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
PEGSPEGSPEGS
Glen Eira

Last edited:
Battle for top 4 is hot after the weekend's results (Prahran over Oakleigh and Old Camberwell over GE in close ones).

GE should be safe in 3rd (have Kew this week but should notch up wins against Peninsula, SMS and Therry).

Massive game between Oakleigh and Old Camberwell this week with the winner to be in pole position for 4th.

Old Camberwell and Prahran both have relatively easier fixtures ahead than Oakleigh ... In terms of games against 7-10 teams, Old Camberwell has Peninsula and Whitefriars, Prahran has SMS and Whitefriars, whereas Oakleigh just has Whitefriars.

Well I’d be interested in Brainy Tim or Over The Post opinions in whether play should be stopped if a trainer is attending a player and removing them from the field or if play should only be stopped for a stretcher?
just saw your note. I spoke with ump involved on the day and he said young fella should've reported peninsula player.
With injured players that are in need of trainers assistance, quickly assess his pain levels, get him off the nearest boundary line and tell club he can come back on. (in this case heavily concussed and shouldn't come back on)
When play resumed, Whitefriars switched play and nearly cleaned up trainers and concussed player who were just over the boundary, therefore some very colourful language from female trainer which resulted in downfield free kick to Peninsula.
I believe next time the trainers at friars have been advised they should've produced the stretcher.

Diamond Joe will head to JP Fawkner Reserve tomorrow for the massive season defining clash between Therry and Peninsula. Hoping for a fair contest backed up with some great umpiring!

Diamond Joe will head to JP Fawkner Reserve tomorrow for the massive season defining clash between Therry and Peninsula. Hoping for a fair contest backed up with some great umpiring!
Should be a big occasion, waving the flags will be Bob Seymour in his 700th game.

Just make sure you give the other goal umpire tomorrow hell Joe 😉

Aitken sprayed off and very few of Kew at after match. No sign of Beaser in the social club afterwards. Ordinary.
Heard about this a mile away . Absolutely lost the plot at his players and then only 5 or so players went in and no Beaser , in fact he should've been banned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great day for Bobby yesterday. Both clubs deserve every thanks for the way his match was handled.
All 4 Sides lined up for the milestone man was a great touch from the 2 clubs. Was a great game of footy aswell with Peninsula infront most of the day however when the going got tough, They seemed too just roll over. Therry deservedly clear from the relegation spot now. Much better side than the ladder suggests

Dare I say it, but looks like the top 4 might be set ... A shakeup would require Prahran or Oakleigh to knock off PEGS or Kew and OC to lose to either OP or Whitefriars.

GE potentially with a sniff to pinch 2nd spot off Kew. GE with OP (9th), SMS (10th), TP (7th) to come and Kew with Oakleigh (6th), Prahran (5th), OC (4th). Perhaps this might explain why Aitken was reportedly a bit grumpy after the game yesterday?

Dare I say it, but looks like the top 4 might be set ... A shakeup would require Prahran or Oakleigh to knock off PEGS or Kew and OC to lose to either OP or Whitefriars.

GE potentially with a sniff to pinch 2nd spot off Kew. GE with OP (9th), SMS (10th), TP (7th) to come and Kew with Oakleigh (6th), Prahran (5th), OC (4th). Perhaps this might explain why Aitken was reportedly a bit grumpy after the game yesterday?
He should have been banned from any role after cheating CHO orders , at least try it on your own ground

Glen Eira Vs Kew was one of the best games of local footy I have seen for years. (Made better by the result)
Two district sides going hard at it for 4 quarters of footy.
Kew kicked the first 5 goals of the game and led by 10 points with a few minutes to go in the last. A couple of late goals and we were able to reverse the result of the previous game.
Game was played in great spirit and well umpired. A great advertisement for local footy.

Glen Eira Vs Kew was one of the best games of local footy I have seen for years. (Made better by the result)
Two district sides going hard at it for 4 quarters of footy.
Kew kicked the first 5 goals of the game and led by 10 points with a few minutes to go in the last. A couple of late goals and we were able to reverse the result of the previous game.
Game was played in great spirit and well umpired. A great advertisement for local footy.
Pity the coach and apart from about 5 players didn't attend the after match .

Bloody Kew
Thought you would have enjoyed Aitken losing. Every chance they miss top 2 from here, and with OC's form I wouldn't put it past them to win the first final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back