D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was number 30 at Ivanhoe BU30? Is that Chumpy Champs number, cant recall seeing it this year!
It doesn’t get given out often brainy , is almost sacrosanct to wear such a revered number at the hoe house.
One of chumps sporting heroes once wore it on lower Heidelberg rd though I’ll share that much.

I will pop it in here as did not see a D1 2023 thread, but everyone at Ivanhoe AFC is absolutely thrilled re our news on our coaching structure changes for next season.

A) Congrats Ash Close on your new role with Eastern Womens team and looking forward to you continuing to assist the club and play next season.

B) Congratulations to Wayne Schultz on his appointment. Wonderful player and assist coach since joining the club and now stepping up to head up the coaching team.

Schultz the new sergeant at Ivanhoe AFC - VAFA

With the vast majority of our list staying on from last year (and hoping to add a couple) it will be a challenge for everyone at the club to look forward to.

Happy Chump 🏆

I will pop it in here as did not see a D1 2023 thread, but everyone at Ivanhoe AFC is absolutely thrilled re our news on our coaching structure changes for next season.

A) Congrats Ash Close on your new role with Eastern Womens team and looking forward to you continuing to assist the club and play next season.

B) Congratulations to Wayne Schultz on his appointment. Wonderful player and assist coach since joining the club and now stepping up to head up the coaching team.

With the vast majority of our list staying on from last year (and hoping to add a couple) it will be a challenge for everyone at the club to look forward to.

Happy Chump 🏆
Former Essendon VFL player. Tough as nails. Good luck to him

Happy Chump 🏆
Great effort by a D2/D1 coach to be selected/promoted to stronger competition. Hearing Ash Speak to the group at 3/4 time this years grand final truly inspiring. Great work Ash.
His replacement in Wayne Schultz a very distinguished and experienced player and coach is fantastic for the Ivanhoe lads.
Tell me Chumpy, ask Pres Rals if Schultzy had to interview for the job?

Great effort by a D2/D1 coach to be selected/promoted to stronger competition. Hearing Ash Speak to the group at 3/4 time this years grand final truly inspiring. Great work Ash.
His replacement in Wayne Schultz a very distinguished and experienced player and coach is fantastic for the Ivanhoe lads.
Tell me Chumpy, ask Pres Rals if Schultzy had to interview for the job?
Hi Brainy T,

Yes we are all very happy with the above announcements for the club.

The Prez didn't mention at the AGM what the process was but did say that we are working on adding some more experience to our coaching/off-field structure. So fingers crossed 🤞

Chump 🏆

Hi Brainy T,

Yes we are all very happy with the above announcements for the club.

The Prez didn't mention at the AGM what the process was but did say that we are working on adding some more experience to our coaching/off-field structure. So fingers crossed 🤞

Chump 🏆
Love your work out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can still have a balanced fixture with nine teams in a reasonable time frame (18 rounds, play each other home and away with two byes).

The issue in 2022 was having 11 teams in C Section playing 20 matches in a 22-round season turned the whole playing season into turmoil (for other grades as well).

Personally, I would like to see 10 teams compete, but that would mean that it would result in either Div 1 or 2 ending up with nine teams, or Div 3 with seven or D4 would have just five.

They might have to make do with nine for this season as a result, but I hope more that OM pull through and play in C Section.

I like the look of that Maxy - can you imagine Round 1 at Ivanhoe Park under lights against you guys!!! Wow wee!!

Chump
I see you have a new gig Champ, now you will be able to move from the humpy!
Have a great Xmas Champ, hope to suss you out next year, thanks for the banter throughout 22!

Attachments

• FF8F628F-A4C1-496A-8508-EF9010A45BCD.png
    FF8F628F-A4C1-496A-8508-EF9010A45BCD.png
    556.8 KB · Views: 76
Does anyone know the truth about VAFA stalwart David Matthews getting the chop as an assistant at Glen Eira and then being reinstated when the replacements pulled the pin . Really poor treatment if so .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe get a bit more info old mate , Dave has not been well .

Hey Chump, I see the biys have resumed training at Hoe park! Any big new signings that you have heard from the comforts of your home away from home?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back