D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Oakleigh are a great team and have improved since we first met them.

We'll have our work cut out for us if we are to reverse the 100 point drubbing from the weekend. Their midfield didn't give our forwards a chance and the big bodies in their forward line were unstoppable.

Prahran have also come into some good form in the back end of the season, setting up a cracking finals series.

Does anyone know when the finals venues are announced? Surely if Sandy is available, they will play the GE v Oakleigh game there.

There is a very strong chance they are at Sandy, only a 9.00 game so far on the Saturday.

Or they could draw the short straw and get the Bundoora cow paddock

I do note that you are always VERY quick to bag Ivanhoe Seemyhat. Why is that? Did we do something to you?

The point I was making was we were player number poor and that the player even up guideline could have been used. That is a little different to full numbers for both teams and one better than the other ie: as we saw in our senior game on the weekend - they were just too good. Those from Prahran have advised why - an very outside chance at finals - of which has been accepted and we move on.

Anyway, if you want to hold a grudge for something, then good luck to you and whoever you support

#hatersgonnahate

Cheers, Chump :trophy:

Nice deflection. LOL

Tell us, what was the VAFA fine for $1000 at end of July for? Conduct unbecoming a Club of the VAFA? Curious to know.

Champ or Chump very proud of the Ivanhoe twos throughout the year chumpy getting belted by 30 goals every week. Some of these kids had never played footy and gave their all every week!
Last Saturday Prahran were trying the impossible but the game was played in very good spirits and both teams were having a laugh and some pretty good sledging to boot.
Very impressed with Prahran 2s coach Jack who spoke to Ivanhoe 2s after the game and thanked and congratulated them on their year and toughing it out! And a slab of beer does not go astray either, thanks Jack.
As for the naysayers, pfft, all done and dusted with vafa so we look forward to fresh start in the NFL!

Nice deflection. LOL

Tell us, what was the VAFA fine for $1000 at end of July for? Conduct unbecoming a Club of the VAFA? Curious to know.
Ummmm .....not a deflection and ABSOLUITELY no fine of $1000 for our club for conduct unbecoming.....but don't let facts get in the way of your anger for our club.

The only fine we had this year was for a melee v West B when a player of ours was slammed tackled, knocked out and then an altercation started. From that 2 x West B players reports and both clubs fined for a melee.

So I ask you again....... Why are you so angry Seemyhat? What did Ivanhoe do to you?

Chump

Ummmm .....not a deflection and ABSOLUITELY no fine of $1000 for our club for conduct unbecoming.....but don't let facts get in the way of your anger for our club.

The only fine we had this year was for a melee v West B when a player of ours was slammed tackled, knocked out and then an altercation started. From that 2 x West B players reports and both clubs fined for a melee.

So I ask you again....... Why are you so angry Seemyhat? What did Ivanhoe do to you?

Chump
Sorry, the fine was actually for Old Ivanhoe. Wrong club so play on! It was a big fine so curious to know whatever happened. Something to do with a function.

Sorry, the fine was actually for Old Ivanhoe. Wrong club so play on! It was a big fine so curious to know whatever happened. Something to do with a function.
It was us, and it was a past player who behaved in a manner unacceptable to OIGFC and the VAFA.

He will be paying the fine🤞🤞.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He clearly does not want to answer why the hate for the Hoers Brainy .... so I'll move on. Parkside is a very good club full of people I know and respect, one person won't derail that.

Some good players there also .....

Chump 🏆
I don't hate the Hoers. Probably a close finals series in D2 this year although Parkside slightly with their nose in front. If they do get promoted then they should aquit themselves well in D1 given strength of overall club. South Melbourne also have depth but if Yarra were to get promoted then their reserves will likely struggle based on this year. As you would have seen from the Hoers things can change drastically from year to year.

I don't hate the Hoers. Probably a close finals series in D2 this year although Parkside slightly with their nose in front. If they do get promoted then they should aquit themselves well in D1 given strength of overall club. South Melbourne also have depth but if Yarra were to get promoted then their reserves will likely struggle based on this year. As you would have seen from the Hoers things can change drastically from year to year.
Yes - I think Parkside, Brunswick and SM would be competitive in D1. If we had of held our list together from 2022, we would have been VERY competitive. But losing 14 senior players (various reasons) and 20 (Res) made the jump a step too far with another 10 or so choosing O/S travel. Our list will be stronger next year, but will need to be stepping into Div3 NFNL.

The almost impossible step for all those teams comes when you hit C grade. That's when the 'great divide' takes hold.

Chump 🏆

Yes - I think Parkside, Brunswick and SM would be competitive in D1. If we had of held our list together from 2022, we would have been VERY competitive. But losing 14 senior players (various reasons) and 20 (Res) made the jump a step too far with another 10 or so choosing O/S travel. Our list will be stronger next year, but will need to be stepping into Div3 NFNL.

The almost impossible step for all those teams comes when you hit C grade. That's when the 'great divide' takes hold.

Chump 🏆
Hasn't this year

Hasn't this year
Agree Bedders that has not been the case in 2023, but some reasons for that ........ OC did not have the injuries they had in 2022 and PEGS added to a good list. I also think the OC and PEGS lists in 2022 (and now 2023) are MUCH better than anything in D1 this year. Any of the remaining 4 teams in finals that go up will need to get 5+ quality senior players to stay competitive in C next year, especially as the travel bug is less impactful. All the same - wonderful effort from those clubs in C this season.

Chump :trophy:

Just reading the D1 article on the vafa website. Hadn’t realised Therry lost their last 3 games. They’d be very disappointed, few on here had them down as flag favourites

Probably a close finals series in D2 this year although Parkside slightly with their nose in front. If they do get promoted then they should aquit themselves well in D1 given strength of overall club. South Melbourne also have depth but if Yarra were to get promoted then their reserves will likely struggle based on this year.

Yes - I think Parkside, Brunswick and SM would be competitive in D1.
I'm surprised by these assessments.

I haven't actually seen any D1 this year but I have seen a few D2 games (mostly SMD at home, but also the Thompsons Rd double - OYC and Bulleen Templestowe at home) and thought the standard of D2 footy this year was fairly poor, barely above that of D3 (of which I saw a few Power House games). SMD did well (4th) in D2 after being promoted, despite not appearing to have any top class recruits - if anything, they had a net loss in quality, losing three brothers who were regularly in their best last year. I don't know much about Parkside, but I don't think they really gained a lot, either. I thought that any of the top sides I saw (SMD, OYC, Brunswick) would struggle in D1, as the basic skills, vision, football sense, etc., were a bit lacking. Or has the gap between D2 and D1 closed?

It was us, and it was a past player who behaved in a manner unacceptable to OIGFC and the VAFA.

He will be paying the fine🤞🤞.
Johnny Stevens dancing on tables to Wham music again ? Good lord.
On a serious note , young Weddle playing well at the Hawks. Was he an old boy like the old man ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back