Division 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

10 of best ! really name names . Yes some have left for cash , Fish Creek rats like to go after ours and 3 to GVFL due to circumstances where 2 were brought up . Our kids are good and loyal , 19's back and not weak as piss as some in the past
I may have been exaggerating Bedford to get some discussion going but hey you must admit that the McCartney Bros, Langlands, D Szydlik, Alao, Kennedy to get games at Dragons and a few depth players leaving is not ideal.

Last edited:
10 of best ! really name names . Yes some have left for cash , Fish Creek rats like to go after ours and 3 to GVFL due to circumstances where 2 were brought up . Our kids are good and loyal , 19's back and not weak as piss as some in the past

Fish Creek? Lots of cash down in the Mid Gippy league, saw their rooms burnt down on the news the other day. Maybe should save some money to go toward rebuilding them hey?

I may have been exaggerating Bedford to get some discussion going but hey you must admit that the McCartney Bros, Langlands, D Szydlik, Alao, Kennedy to get games at Dragons and a few depth players leaving is not ideal.
There seems to be a little Schadenfreude in your Ormond posts. Born of all those years the Monders towelled you, perhaps? ;)Admittedly with a contingent of former DeLa students.

I reckon it's a credit to the Monders junior program, guidance, and coaching that so many kids are progressing. As a local junior player, you'd be mad to play anywhere else.

Haven't seen the Monders play for yonks as I'm locationally a distance away. But I'm reliably told Kennedy is AFL material.

Langlands might not play again due to concussion as might another one . As i posted before what's coming through is outstanding , it's not something that will happen overnight . To those who complained about going down , they can f off as some went o/s for many weeks . Who are the so called depth players you talk about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do feel for them , terrible what those rats did . Just going in the past

Same, All though splashing cash on players might not be the smartest thing to do with the $90k money raised. All though I read the town barely has enough people for two teams the players have to come from somewhere!

Same, All though splashing cash on players might not be the smartest thing to do with the $90k money raised. All though I read the town barely has enough people for two teams the players have to come from somewhere!

Tiny town but it gives it life. It's like all the towns in the area, and it's part of country footy as less play these days in general

It's more an ammo thing , they offer 200 to ressies players in the ammos

Let's kick off the new year with some D1 predictions for 2024.
I'll stick my neck out here and go for Therry as premiers, had some good wins last year and got some cracking kids coming through.
Prahran should be there about and if UHS list from 2023 is in tact then they should compete again.
Ormond seem to have lost a few topliners but should be strong enough to round out a spot in the four.
Parkside and Yarra should be competitive and Peninsula will win some home games.
Without U/19's and with the retirement of some handy types I can't see where the improvement comes from with West Brunswick so have them taking one of the relegation spots with Kew potentially joining them.
At this point of the year looking at D1, I can only really see West Brunswick not challenging for finals. I think we're in for a lot of close results and competitive games. It should be a great year and might be split by how many games teams drop at home.

And what do you know about it
Bedders you are clearly in the know at Ormond. Are you able to give us a true picture of how things are shaping up at Ormond. Seems that some are suggesting significant departures but I would rather an assessment from someone with an informed view. How is 2024 shaping up. Probably stiff to get relegated. Do you think you can bounce straight back?

Bedders you are clearly in the know at Ormond. Are you able to give us a true picture of how things are shaping up at Ormond. Seems that some are suggesting significant departures but I would rather an assessment from someone with an informed view. How is 2024 shaping up. Probably stiff to get relegated. Do you think you can bounce straight back?
Let's hope they can. Ormond is a proud club with a proud history, established by returned diggers from the First World War.

Ormond's colours are the colours of the Diggers' Ambulance unit, and played its first game in 1931. It is the second oldest suburban club in the VAFA and with its history would enhance the competition by being a premier division club.

Let's hope they can. Ormond is a proud club with a proud history, established by returned diggers from the First World War.

Ormond's colours are the colours of the Diggers' Ambulance unit, and played its first game in 1931. It is the second oldest suburban club in the VAFA and with its history would enhance the competition by being a premier division club.
You learn something new every day. Like I mentioned in a previous post, a few big treks out north for the monders this year.

As a local footy nuffie I'll enjoy ticking their deck off and a few others to watch this year. I think prahan/TP/UHS battle it out for the flag, with prahan on top. Parkside to round out the 4 if they keep a couple of their gun players.

Don’t know where he is , who knows with the new management. Took the canine for a walk to the Gunn on Monday night, the Monds had massive numbers looked like an Under 21 team .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nevertheless it is more likely future prospects would go to or stay with a club which will enhance their chances of an afl or vfl career. Eg. The coaching etc in the elite clubs is far better for the player in the long term. Apart from the holy dollar being offered to these kids you have to fight off the elite clubs chasing them. The VAFA even makes it clear by calling these clubs Premier Grade.

The definition of Premier is "first in importance, order, or position; leading".

The third tier of the VAFA should be C Section, not Premier C. That title is some wank that the VAFA came up with for no necessary reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back