Not open for further replies.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Congratulations to Roger O'Brien for 70 years devoted to the Croydon Footy Club.
I can't think of anyone more feared in his day. It always paid to give him a wide berth if you could.
Best wishes Roger.

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Congratulations to Roger O'Brien for 70 years devoted to the Croydon Footy Club.
I can't think of anyone more feared in his day. It always paid to give him a wide berth if you could.
Best wishes Roger.

Gawd he must be a fair age now,I can remember him in the 70's when I was at Lilydale when he was captain coach of the 2's.A tough player I agree.

Crusey

Team Captain
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Roger is 84

Good game of footy at Lilydale today, game had a couple of lead changes

Mike Smith took a speccy (3.06 mark in game on youtube) but wasnt paid even though he came down with the ball

Thought it was interesting that Perry didnt move himself up the ground and get more involved late in the game when they were a couple of goals down, not sure if he was injured

Last edited:

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Gawd he must be a fair age now,I can remember him in the 70's when I was at Lilydale when he was captain coach of the 2's.A tough player I agree.
Last time I saw him he had a lot of trouble with arthritis and relied on walking sticks to get around, but he was still taking a daily walk.
Still plenty of life in him yet.
Luckily anyone in our side who played against Croydon was given a fair description about what to do around Roger. If you weren't paying attention to where Roger was on the ground you could suddenly develop a really bad headache.
John Burns from Blackburn was not as nice as Roger, but off the ground he was a different bloke. Sadly he spent far too long one night at the Blackburn Hotel.

Last edited:

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Roger is 84

Good game of footy at Lilydale today, game had a couple of lead changes

Mike Smith took a speccy (3.06 mark in game on youtube) but wasnt paid even though he came down with the ball

Thought it was interesting that Perry didnt move himself up the ground and get more involved late in the game when they were a couple of goals down, not sure if he was injured

Crusey looks like I missed a great game of footy and after match 1,000 match game celebrations.I have just seen the photos on the club's facebook and brings back many happy memories and I am sure Dad would have loved to have seen the new electronic scoreboard.Does not get any easier next week playing Doncaster East in what could be the grand final preview but of cause a long way to go.Those jumpers are awesome.

Crusey

Team Captain
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Scoreboard looks pretty good, jumpers came up a treat

Was a great day with bumper crowd

Crusey

Team Captain
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As far as I know they still sit in the box but the screen has the ability to be operated from anywhere

Crusey

Team Captain
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All clubs looking for ways to retain kids in that age group I guess !

Back to the footy ............

Donny East gave us a wake up call Saturday, their spread, run and carry through the middle killed us

Brock Mclean told the Lilydale supporters to piss off back to our Tea Shanty's, that put us in our place

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Crusey Lilydale had a big week end the week before with the 1,000th game, top of the table clash and not surprised at the defeat.Doncaster East's experience height and bigger bodies could be a worry for Lilydale come finals time though.Interesting both sides reserves at the bottom of the ladder.

Crusey

Team Captain
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We had 3 or 4 out of our best 22 not available but dont have much depth in the Ressies to call from unfortunately

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Wow, GMac, $3 Million for Walker Park upgrades. Cr Stennett's statement about making the ground the MCG of the East is something a few of us on here have heard before.
What sort of viewing platform do you get for $880K by the way?

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Wow, GMac, $3 Million for Walker Park upgrades. Cr Stennett's statement about making the ground the MCG of the East is something a few of us on here have heard before.
What sort of viewing platform do you get for $880K by the way?

Exciting news for the club and EFL football and lets give a bit of credit to our councils who realise the importance of sport to our local community.The work they have put into our ground playing surfaces is great and over the last 2 wet Saturdays Walker Park and the week before UFTG was in great condition and I have not heard any one mention muddy grounds so far this season.As for facilities work is just about to start on Heathmont and Croydon rooms,Ringwood ground has just been made available after the surface was leveled out and re drained etc over the same months.

Last edited:

red devils 18

Debutant
Apr 1, 2008
preston
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Exciting news for the club and EFL football and lets give a bit of credit to our councils who realise the importance of sport to our local community.The work they have put into our ground playing surfaces is great and over the last 2 wet Saturdays Walker Park and the week before UFTG was in great condition and I have not heard any one mention muddy grounds so far this season.As for facilities work is just about to start on Heathmont and Croydon rooms,Ringwood ground has just been made available after the surface was leveled out and re drained etc over the same months.
You guys are lucky manningham does fu-k all

red devils 18

Debutant
Apr 1, 2008
preston
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And 30 +mill on council offices a while ago .they drip feed clubs to keep them quiet .if the grounds manager took as much care about our grounds as he does his own it would be ok .

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
And 30 +mill on council offices a while ago .they drip feed clubs to keep them quiet .if the grounds manager took as much care about our grounds as he does his own it would be ok .

Where is the basketball centre that Cliff is talking about and what ground is the ground's manager?

red devils 18

Debutant
Apr 1, 2008
preston
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Well at this stage it looks like Lowey has other skills apart from talking about baseball, with UFG 2's sitting second on the ladder.
Have missed both his and Silent Bob's contributions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back