D2 Division 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweaty One do you think your club is over the line in 2018? Are you tipping them to win every week meaning 18 nil at the end of the H & G?
Im in bali this week so didnt tip.

To many bingtangs.

Looks like we had another win this week.

I just see this year as a 2 horse race at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Im in bali this week so didnt tip.

To many bingtangs.

Looks like we had another win this week.

I just see this year as a 2 horse race at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think there are clearly 4 teams still in the race with Friars as slight favourites, for mine.
Yarra have made a solid recovery from their nightmare draw.
Have seen all teams now and think the contenders all have varying strengths & weaknesses.
Injuries, coaching & attitude will have a huge bearing over the next few months.
Huge clash this week, for top spot, as the Parade boys host Friars.
Happy to stick with my ladder predictions and think we will have 3 teams on 8-1 at the half way mark of the season

I think there are clearly 4 teams still in the race with Friars as slight favourites, for mine.
Yarra have made a solid recovery from their nightmare draw.
Have seen all teams now and think the contenders all have varying strengths & weaknesses.
Injuries, coaching & attitude will have a huge bearing over the next few months.
Huge clash this week, for top spot, as the Parade boys host Friars.
Happy to stick with my ladder predictions and think we will have 3 teams on 8-1 at the half way mark of the season
Can’t see the four changing from here. Friars and Uni High have the depth to cover any injuries, whereas parade have struggled with depth previously. They seem to be traveling better in the twos this year though. I think Yarra Valley have Melbourne High covered. Be interesting to see how many Moore plays for Yarra Valley. Pretty handy pick up at this level of footy.
Tough year for my mob, not giving up hope but will be hard to avoid the drop to D3 next season. Hopefully we can jag a couple of wins in the second half of the season. Looks like it will be pretty tight in the relegation battle also, I think either powerhouse or St. John’s to make the drop down.

Interesting game at the Garvey on the weekend with the Friars being the better team in the first half - reaping the reward of some very favourable umpiring. However, Parade with 2 key players down after half time, finished the game full of running - aided by some amazing umpiring decisions.
Despite all the umpiring drama, I think the 2 teams are fairly evenly matched. It will make for a few spirited clashes later in the year.
All teams in the four have a genuine chance this year.

Interesting game at the Garvey on the weekend with the Friars being the better team in the first half - reaping the reward of some very favourable umpiring. However, Parade with 2 key players down after half time, finished the game full of running - aided by some amazing umpiring decisions.
Despite all the umpiring drama, I think the 2 teams are fairly evenly matched. It will make for a few spirited clashes later in the year.
All teams in the four have a genuine chance this year.
I think you'll find the umpiring was pretty reasonable all day. Friars got a few 50/50s and so did we. Certainly didn't decide the outcome of the game and definitely wouldn't call it a "drama".

Umpiring was very good, if you supported Old Paradians...

I think the free kick count was about 50-20 with the worst qtr of 1 sided umpiring ever seen in the last qtr.

Overall its been pretty mediocre this season with this being the new low, never thought anything could beat the 20 x 25m penalties debacle of a few weeks ago

I watch a fair bit of ammos footy, and 99% of the time that there is a huge discrepancy in frees and particularly 25m penalties, it’s due to poor discipline.
When you start arguing with umps and mouthing off after they make decisions you will get a spate of 25’s against you. It happens every time. When you close your mouth and show respect, there are no 25’s given.

I watch a fair bit of ammos footy, and 99% of the time that there is a huge discrepancy in frees and particularly 25m penalties, it’s due to poor discipline.
When you start arguing with umps and mouthing off after they make decisions you will get a spate of 25’s against you. It happens every time. When you close your mouth and show respect, there are no 25’s given.
never a truer word spoken. Funny how the team losing often ends up on the "poor" end of umpiring. Shame it took me 40 plus years to realize this..... :)

never a truer word spoken. Funny how the team losing often ends up on the "poor" end of umpiring. Shame it took me 40 plus years to realize this..... :)

You never see people come on and say the umpiring was bad in that win we had.
One eyed bias. Umpires are great, but only human. You tell them they are crap and moan and bitch then you will be treated differently to the bloke who shows respect. Happens in every walk of life.
Maybe you just suffered from a little white line fever Uglyderm?

You never see people come on and say the umpiring was bad in that win we had.
One eyed bias. Umpires are great, but only human. You tell them they are crap and moan and bitch then you will be treated differently to the bloke who shows respect. Happens in every walk of life.
Maybe you just suffered from a little white line fever Uglyderm?
Shockingly so Hip. Embarrassing on reflection. Anyway, regarding umpires, we had Steve McCarthy today. Bloody ripping bloke who reckons the first time he umpired against BT was in 1988. He stuck around for a beer and umpired the game today like a pro. Old School :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the subject of umpires, it seems outer suburban clubs like the turtles, parade, St. John’s etc need to move their grounds a little closer to the CBD. Then the umpires association might think about sending some boundary umpires and heaven forbid some goal umpires out our way.
Proud of my mob today. Really pushed Parade. A 10 minute patch in the third quarter cost us dearly. Hopefully a W is not too far away

On the subject of umpires, it seems outer suburban clubs like the turtles, parade, St. John’s etc need to move their grounds a little closer to the CBD. Then the umpires association might think about sending some boundary umpires and heaven forbid some goal umpires out our way.
Proud of my mob today. Really pushed Parade. A 10 minute patch in the third quarter cost us dearly. Hopefully a W is not too far away
Yep, Eltham defintely had a dip today. Looked to be pumped for the contest from the word go, and it was a well fought out contest. Reckon a win is not far away for them. From our end, it was great to give some more Under 19s a run, and blood another few first gamers as well. Leaked a couple of goals late when the game was done, but happy enough to get a win despite it not being our best day.

Righto, Bye week so looking to get a discussion going again about peoples thoughts going into the second half of the season. Top 4? Relegation? Any interesting playing styles? Surprises?

Surprised by BT personally, much improved on last year with a good physical style of play, could be a danger side going into the 2nd half of the year. Eltham and PH REL for mine, and its an open battle for the premiership between the top 4 IMO.

Righto, Bye week so looking to get a discussion going again about peoples thoughts going into the second half of the season. Top 4? Relegation? Any interesting playing styles? Surprises?

Surprised by BT personally, much improved on last year with a good physical style of play, could be a danger side going into the 2nd half of the year. Eltham and PH REL for mine, and its an open battle for the premiership between the top 4 IMO.

Shocking year in terms of the gap between the top at bottom. Just look at results last week and that doesn't include the gap between top and bottom parade/turtles which was one of the closer games.

Premier is hard. Yarra Valley have looked the best in my eyes closely followed by whitefriars. Parade clearly should be favourite though.

Relegation? Well turtles look a lock and and a guess probably Powerhouse. Unfortunately for the others down the bottom they'll be stuck in division 2 for another year. 3 wins may avoid relegation this year when I think 6 wins got relegated last year.

Shocking year in terms of the gap between the top at bottom. Just look at results last week and that doesn't include the gap between top and bottom parade/turtles which was one of the closer games.

Premier is hard. Yarra Valley have looked the best in my eyes closely followed by whitefriars. Parade clearly should be favourite though.

Relegation? Well turtles look a lock and and a guess probably Powerhouse. Unfortunately for the others down the bottom they'll be stuck in division 2 for another year. 3 wins may avoid relegation this year when I think 6 wins got relegated last year.

YV seem to be able to score heavily... but then have lost to the 3 above? Yep, shocking year with the gap.
True - OP deserve to be favourites and have stood up in the big games.
Yeah spot on - Glen Eira stiff to be relegated in a closer division last year.

Last edited:
Match of the round should be a ripper YV v Whitefriers. What is everybody's thoughts?
YV's oval down at doncaster rd is one of the smallest in the division, especially compared to the one at friars school. Midfield battle/clearances huge (as always I guess).

Match of the round should be a ripper YV v Whitefriers. What is everybody's thoughts?
I like Yarra Valleys system. They seem extremely organised and well structured makes a huge difference at this level. Is the bloke from Richmond playing regularly or was that a one off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back