Division 2 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any Wantirna sth guys in this thread who happen to have a photo from the 2002 premiership presentation, pm me.

Thanks in advance.

Cliff,Mitcham v East Burwood in the U19's on the MCG of the East next Saturday at 10AM Will you be there and arrive before 10AM and free admittance for you and I might even buy you a coffee,lol.Have reserevations about a D4 club playing a D2 club in 19's but perhaps the VIP in the EFL know the strength of both clubs.Perhaps will be last chance for sides playing at Mitcham to use the current change rooms and sporting club before the re development begins.Blackburn are in the same situation. For both clubs short term pain for long term gain and the winners will be EFL football.

Surrey Park (Div 4) played Lilydale (Div 1) last weekend in Div 1 Under 19
in a high standard game with Surrey getting the chocolates

Cliff,Mitcham v East Burwood in the U19's on the MCG of the East next Saturday at 10AM Will you be there and arrive before 10AM and free admittance for you and I might even buy you a coffee,lol.Have reserevations about a D4 club playing a D2 club in 19's but perhaps the VIP in the EFL know the strength of both clubs.Perhaps will be last chance for sides playing at Mitcham to use the current change rooms and sporting club before the re development begins.Blackburn are in the same situation. For both clubs short term pain for long term gain and the winners will be EFL football.
Sorry, but you won't see me. As we have a bye next week I am going bush From Sat to ANZAC day. Divisions aren't a really accurate indication of team strength in juniors, so might be an even match.

Last edited:
Well I couldn't be there but thanks to the internet I was able to check the scores, and luckily your fears were groundless. It looks like our U19's are going to be a good team. :)

Congrats, GMac. Still a chance for 3 Grand Finals. Progress is great. :)

One of our greatest wins in my 20 years at Mitcham.6.1 to 0.2 down at the 20 min mark of the 2nd quarter and hit with injuries and win in extra time.A big ask to come back ASAP next week end but the club is in great shape.So exciting with the re development we hope will be finished for the 1st game next season,all coaches including assistants re appointed as well for all 3 senior sides and now we have one of the strongest junior clubs in the EFL.

Couldn't have got much closer. 2 points up and an opposition mark directly in front and then the siren. Looked like a good kick only to be ruled by the goal ump it didn't cross the line.
Have a good sleep in and a berocca tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you wouldn't be any the wiser whether it was a good kick or not. If you look at the EFL Video Stream, they jump from the kick, to the Ringwood player who kicked the ball before it reaches the goal line. He obviously though he had kicked it.

Last edited:
And you wouldn't be any the wiser whether it was a good kick or not. If you look at the EFL Video Stream, they jump from the kick, to the Ringwood play who kicked the ball before it reaches the goal line. He obviously though he had kicked it.

Being on the wing on the western side every one thought he kicked the goal with the re action from him and the Ringwood players but thank goodness it fell short.I rated our win 2 weeks ago as our best win ever,this one beats it and another 6 goal start we gave Ringwood.Easy to say one of the best EFL finals seen in a long time seeing I am on the winners side but thoughts are with Ringwood after last year's loss and now today's loss.

Did they also consult with boundaries, they would have had a great view too. Surely a consultation was warranted.

Goal,boundary and field umpires in perfect position,the photo evidence is not.Where I was on the wing on the west side of the ground I did not know.As a Mitcham supporter and of cause I might be biased my thoughts are with Ringwood people as I say this is one of the best EFL finals I have ever seen,gawd how unlucky is either side to loose a game like that.I had people who were side on to the goals near the skips on the west side of the ground and they say the goal umpire got it right but gawd who would want to be in his position.

No disrespect but Ringwood shouldn't have given up a 6 goal plus lead - they shouldn't be carrying on about one kick but in reflection look at how Mitcham got themselves back into the game.

Ringwood certainly get stage fright on the last day of the year....

No disrespect but Ringwood shouldn't have given up a 6 goal plus lead - they shouldn't be carrying on about one kick but in reflection look at how Mitcham got themselves back into the game.

Ringwood certainly get stage fright on the last day of the year....

A bit harsh when you say Ringwood are carrying on which they are not from what I can see.My thoughts are with them right now as if it was us I hope our guys would be the same with the decision.A great EFL game of footy and many decisions made in a game,sad in some ways we are just focusing on the vital last one of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back