Division 2 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by video I would have said it clearly goes over the line . The still shot does say a different story and looks a lot closer to the line. Bloody heartbreaking for Ringwood especially after what happened last year

Watching the video it looks a goal, still shot its 50/50, still leaning towards goal. Goal umpire wasn't quite in the best position, got to the line but didn't position himself perfectly which would have slightly skewed his vision. One of the boundaries is terribly out of position and would have been no help at all.

But given the entire ball has to cross the line, you probably give the benefit of the doubt to the goal umpire here.

People are saying it’s a clear goal going off the footage from someone who is standing 5 metres back from the pack. There isn’t a line to see if it had crossed

Not sure whether a line was there or not but did it matter.The goal umpire was in the perfect postion on the goal post and looking at the other goal post to line it up.Just wonder if the ball went through the goals a fraction but the wind blew it back a fraction and personally looking at these video shots I think it was touched but nearly none of us other then those umpires know.

Going by video I would have said it clearly goes over the line . The still shot does say a different story and looks a lot closer to the line. Bloody heartbreaking for Ringwood especially after what happened last year

At full speed the video is a bit deceiving.
If you play it at 1/4 speed or slowly slide up the time bar it becomes much clearer (and looks a lot more like the umpire got it right).

At full speed the video is a bit deceiving.
If you play it at 1/4 speed or slowly slide up the time bar it becomes much clearer (and looks a lot more like the umpire got it right).

A much better photo now out (not sure how to get it on BF) shows the umpires have got it right.One of the best EFL grand finals in a long time and just shows how well run the EFL is with a big crowd,no melees on field or yellow/red cards and that finish we will debate for a long time.

Last edited:
Just heard about the Ringwood coach Brett Rowe going into the Mitcham rooms after the game to speak and congratulate our players and supporters.How good is that, always had huge respect for the Ringwood Football Club but gawd with the last kick of the game debate my respect for that club goes even higher.

Last edited:
GMac, you are posting a lot for someone who thinks this format is redundant.;)

Well it seems I am getting responses so should I keep going,lol. A question to you and all your East Burwood FC mates,why can no one hear the siren there other wise to you guys well done as host of the D2 final's series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back