D2 Division 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wasn't , I was just saying that they played in the lowest level to be realistic , I wasn't bagging anyone , or club. I also believe they have more 19's ready to go than many other clubs , including mine . So obviously they're got themselves set up for the future and good luck to them.
No not in lowest level. Now third level from the bottom. Not bad after 2 years.

strongabode

Senior List
Nov 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
It would be very hard in that area, most juniors in that area play aps/ags. In saying that I hope they do get a side up. John Kanis when coaching Uni Blues used to say you only need to find 2 to become senior players a season to keep competitive. My club if it wasn't for our junior affiliate certainly would not be where it is now.

We’d like some at RG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ultimate warrior

Senior List
Jul 21, 2008
Dandy
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty hard for them to both go undefeated, if they are both superior as you say. At this rate Yarra, Hawthorn & Glen Eira will be in a grade by 2020. Move over xavs & skob :D

Could you point out where I said both would end up undefeated? Having played against all three sides recently, I rate both GE and Hawthorn above the 2017 version of UHS.

members section

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could you point out where I said both would end up undefeated? Having played against all three sides recently, I rate both GE and Hawthorn above the 2017 version of UHS.

UHS-VU lost 1 game in 2018 so to be better would have to go undefeated, pretty simple. GE look like they are on the way up & good on them with the merger & getting a path way with McKinnon, hawthorn seem to have added depth with a couple of a grade 2's players coming across but to sprook your already better than a side that has double jumped in december is a bit rich.

BrainyTim

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I'll go out o a limb early and say both Hawthorn and Glen Eira will play finals. Both superior to the UHS side that double jumped.
Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but UHS average age 24-25 and full of run. GE had the best chance of double jump in 2017 with good nucleus of players and had internal issues which didnt help. GE & Hawthorn both struggled in 2017 to keep up with Prahran/West Brunswick and fell away. Now some of the likes of Matty Harris, Jules (badly injured) and co getting longer in the tooth, they wont be able to keep up with YV, Friars and NOBS. Hoes are unknown at this stage.
I like the boys at Rathmines Rd, hopefully they can stay up in 2019 and consolidate. believe they are still in talks to possibly move headquarters and join local juniors which would be highly beneficial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but UHS average age 24-25 and full of run. GE had the best chance of double jump in 2017 with good nucleus of players and had internal issues which didnt help. GE & Hawthorn both struggled in 2017 to keep up with Prahran/West Brunswick and fell away. Now some of the likes of Matty Harris, Jules (badly injured) and co getting longer in the tooth, they wont be able to keep up with YV, Friars and NOBS. Hoes are unknown at this stage.
I like the boys at Rathmines Rd, hopefully they can stay up in 2019 and consolidate. believe they are still in talks to possibly move headquarters and join local juniors which would be highly beneficial.
The Combine will make the finals .

ultimate warrior

Senior List
Jul 21, 2008
Dandy
AFL Club
Geelong

I don’t like the boys at Rathmines, but when they went up in 2017 they lost 15/22 from a GF team. They never stood a chance.
Book mark it here, both will play finals.

Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don’t like the boys at Rathmines, but when they went up in 2017 they lost 15/22 from a GF team. They never stood a chance.
Book mark it here, both will play finals.

Retained the core of last years finals side and added and few new faces which is great - also getting u 19’s off the ground which will be a massive plus for the club going forward.

The club has never won a game in D2 in their 2 trips up there but hopefully it will be a very different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back