Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Parade v Aquinas 50+
Manningham v Glen Eira 100+
West Brunswick v Yarra 80+
Powerhouse v Ivanhoe 70+
Bulleen Temp v MHSOB 150+

Happy to be back playing again in season 2021.

Old Parade v Aquinas
Manningham v Glen Eira
West Brunswick
v Yarra
Powerhouse v Hoes
Bulleen Temp v MHSOB

Good luck all.

Chump.

Aquinas got over the top of us by 2 points today in a tense clash at the Garvey. The Bloods ran the ball and used the ball really impressively. It's the first time I've seen them live and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they were 1-6. They certainly didn't play like it. We had our patches, but just couldn't hold them out at the end.
Number 23 for Aquinas can play !!

Last edited:
Aquinas got over the top of us by 2 points today in a tense clash at the Garvey. The Bloods ran the ball and used the ball really impressively. It's the first time I've seen them live and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they were 1-6. They certainly didn't play like it. We had our patches, but just couldn't hold them out at the end.
Hoes got away from Powerhouse in the end and the result didn't reflect how tight the contest was for most of the game.

He sure can, his name is Matthew Aver our full forward

Post on BT Facebook page:

"Today is a very sad day in our proud clubs history where we have unfortunately had to forfeit both the Seniors and Reserves games.
An extraordinary injury list of nearly 30 players together with a number of players being unavailable due to circumstances related to COVID and the current and recent restrictions resulted in us having only around ten available players.
We therefore made the difficult decision to forfeit this weekends games. In the past we have left no stone unturned to ensure we were able to put two sides on the park, including playing 50 year olds and players who have not pulled on the boots for several years. We have played with 16 players in the Reserves and with players still suffering the effects of injuries. These actions clearly indicate we do not like to forfeit games and that we are prepared to fight against the odds. Unfortunately the current circumstances stretched us to breaking point this week and, with player welfare in mind, we could not in good conscience put a make shift side on the field.
The next few weeks will likely still see us light on numbers however I am confident that we will be able to field two teams each week for the remainder of the season.
To our members, supporters and past players, to the VAFA and to MHSOB, our scheduled opponents today, please be assured that we very reluctantly and only as an extreme last resort made the decision to forfeit today.
On behalf of the Committee
Russell Wallis
President
BTAFC"

Post on BT Facebook page:

"Today is a very sad day in our proud clubs history where we have unfortunately had to forfeit both the Seniors and Reserves games.
An extraordinary injury list of nearly 30 players together with a number of players being unavailable due to circumstances related to COVID and the current and recent restrictions resulted in us having only around ten available players.
We therefore made the difficult decision to forfeit this weekends games. In the past we have left no stone unturned to ensure we were able to put two sides on the park, including playing 50 year olds and players who have not pulled on the boots for several years. We have played with 16 players in the Reserves and with players still suffering the effects of injuries. These actions clearly indicate we do not like to forfeit games and that we are prepared to fight against the odds. Unfortunately the current circumstances stretched us to breaking point this week and, with player welfare in mind, we could not in good conscience put a make shift side on the field.
The next few weeks will likely still see us light on numbers however I am confident that we will be able to field two teams each week for the remainder of the season.
To our members, supporters and past players, to the VAFA and to MHSOB, our scheduled opponents today, please be assured that we very reluctantly and only as an extreme last resort made the decision to forfeit today.
On behalf of the Committee
Russell Wallis
President
BTAFC"
Sad circumstances but good to see they're confident of fielding teams going forward.

It's important proud clubs like Bulleen Temp stay alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully we get another round in this week and things are looking to head in the right direction re restrictions ...... for now anyway!!

Aquinas V BT - very hopeful that BT can get two teams together this week, but I think Aquinas at home to get the points.
Yarra v MHSOB - the unicorns will be too strong in this one i'd suggest.
OP v Powerhouse - OP's to bounce back this week after a shock loss.
Hoes v Gryphons - the top team to stay on top after round 11.
Cobras v West Brunswick - WB for me in a close one. I think WB are building nicely at the moment and with gun 'youngster' Billy Irving back, should get over the line.

Good luck all.

Chump.

From being to field a seniors team to two full sides this week at Bulleen. Magic water.
A bit harsh. Even in Prem A, there is talk of Collegians giving a walkover in their reserves. Happens to all clubs at all levels. Parkdale (Prem B) have given walkovers.

BT should be applauded for the work they have done to turn it around.

From being to field a seniors team to two full sides this week at Bulleen. Magic water.

Not sure of the point you are trying to make here Phantom?

Maybe rather than 'magic water' there has been a massive effort from a very proud and long established club to get the teams up and running. Anyone who has been a coach, player or committee volunteer over the years would have faced limited numbers at some time or another. To have to cxld both teams would have been extremely distressing for those involved I am sure. As such, maybe a shout out of 'congratulations' and 'best of luck moving forward' could be in order ............ or had you been on the magic water over a long lunch and a Parma? ;-)

Chump.

Sad circumstances but good to see they're confident of fielding teams going forward.

It's important proud clubs like Bulleen Temp stay alive.

Word is they will field 2 teams this week.

Surely merger or takeover with either Cobras, Templestowe (eastern) would need be considered.

Aquinas V BT - 100pts
Yarra v MHSOB - After last weeks walkover 200+pts
OP v Powerhouse - by 8pts
Ivanhoe v GE - JUST
Manningham v WB - after pushing GE, going the upset here, either got form or GE are lacking?

Word is they will field 2 teams this week.

Surely merger or takeover with either Cobras, Templestowe (eastern) would need be considered.
Not on committee or involved in any way with the Manningham Cobras any more, but not sure that there'd be any benefit to them. They're as strong (to my understanding) as they've ever been both on-field & off-field. Personally I'd love to see them continue to grow their own brand as opposed to be involved in another merger with a local club.

However, the flip-side is that I guess it'd be remiss of the administration not to at least make a phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back