D2 Division 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has there been any word on promotion/relegation for the season ?
An 11 game season is far too compromised for any movement between the 7 sections/grades/divisions

Has there been any word on promotion/relegation for the season ?
An 11 game season is far too compromised for any movement between the 7 sections/grades/divisions

It's under consideration as we speak BMW3 .
Now that H&A season has been officially 'finished' they will move onto that decision. They have advised though that it is VERY unlikely to be 2 up/2 down and changes will be made to consider the impact of a COVID season. I'd suggest we will have something within the next week or so, especially as they get an understanding of what finals might look like (if at all). There are so many different ways it can be looked at for promotion, so I think it's fair to understand how that (finals) unfolds before promotion guidelines are finalised. Once that is sorted, I think you can then adjust relegation to suit as they will need to work with each other IF we want all grades to have the same number of teams in them. Then you have the other factor of potentially some sides moving competitions for season 2022 to factor in. Hence taking an extra week or two to get things sorted out is a prudent move IMO.

Cheers, Chump.

Champ or Chump unlucky with very chumplike picks in round 1 and that turned out to be the difference between winning and coming nowhere. Maybe next year.
Arguably the easiest division to pick, however that does not detract from number52 taking the overall highest number of picks. Well done and here's your reward:

That what happens when you take pre-season matches into consideration #rookieerror
Thanks for doing it throughout the season OTP and I look forward to doing it all again next year .........maybe with all the same clubs in the same division??????
Take care all, Chump.

Shout out to Wayne Schultz on winning the Jack Fullerton in D2 last night. Wayne not only played at a consistently high level, but was a huge asset to our club from a coaching and culture perspective. He sets the standard at training and in preparation and several of our younger players have benefited greatly from his involvement this year. Our list is young and has a lot of development to be done, so to have a person of his experience, character and commitment so invested in where we are going is something we are very grateful for. Well done 'Schultzy' and see you in season 2022. #GoHoers
Chump.

Shout out to Wayne Schultz on winning the Jack Fullerton in D2 last night. Wayne not only played at a consistently high level, but was a huge asset to our club from a coaching and culture perspective. He sets the standard at training and in preparation and several of our younger players have benefited greatly from his involvement this year. Our list is young and has a lot of development to be done, so to have a person of his experience, character and commitment so invested in where we are going is something we are very grateful for. Well done 'Schultzy' and see you in season 2022. #GoHoers
Chump.
Not many votes for the MHSOB goal kicker, plenty for BT and PH players at the bottom end, did they play each other twice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the VAFA putting it back to the clubs to make a call on 'applying' for promotion and relegation - what do we think will happen in D2?

Will ANY of the top 4 teams apply to go up? I think Glen Eria and MHSOB were clearly the best two teams and above everyone else, but how will they look at this opportunity?
Do they want to play in the best standard they can or only in it for flags?

Will ANY of the bottom 2 teams want to go down a grade? I hear Hawthorn and Parkside are keen to come up and feel they can be competitive with the teams they are building, but will BT and Powerhouse want to go down?

Interesting times for all clubs involved over the next few days.

Chump.

With the VAFA putting it back to the clubs to make a call on 'applying' for promotion and relegation - what do we think will happen in D2?

Will ANY of the top 4 teams apply to go up? I think Glen Eria and MHSOB were clearly the best two teams and above everyone else, but how will they look at this opportunity?
Do they want to play in the best standard they can or only in it for flags?

Will ANY of the bottom 2 teams want to go down a grade? I hear Hawthorn and Parkside are keen to come up and feel they can be competitive with the teams they are building, but will BT and Powerhouse want to go down?

Interesting times for all clubs involved over the next few days.

Chump.

Firstly, the VAFA putting it back on the clubs to decide promotion and relegation is another weak decision from HQ.
My mail is Hawthorn are 100% keen to go up. But, that can only happen if teams decide to go down. Anyone heard from BT or Powerhouse?

Firstly, the VAFA putting it back on the clubs to decide promotion and relegation is another weak decision from HQ.
My mail is Hawthorn are 100% keen to go up. But, that can only happen if teams decide to go down. Anyone heard from BT or Powerhouse?

I don't work for the VAFA, but they would have been smacked either way they went with this. Have a look at all the differing opinions just on this forum or other competitions, never going to please everyone. So with that in mind, they actually 'made a decision' of sorts saying 'not enough games played and too many variables in each grade to utilise the current 2 up and 2 down system. As such, we will allow clubs to state their case and judge it on it's merits - as much as possible'. Again, not ideal by any imagination, but with so many different ways you could look at this it's impossible to come up with something that would seen fair and reasonable for all and across all divisions. IMO.

Also hearing the top two happy to stay put in D2 for season 2022.

Chump.

I don't work for the VAFA, but they would have been smacked either way they went with this. Have a look at all the differing opinions just on this forum or other competitions, never going to please everyone. So with that in mind, they actually 'made a decision' of sorts saying 'not enough games played and too many variables in each grade to utilise the current 2 up and 2 down system. As such, we will allow clubs to state their case and judge it on it's merits - as much as possible'. Again, not ideal by any imagination, but with so many different ways you could look at this it's impossible to come up with something that would seen fair and reasonable for all and across all divisions. IMO.

Also hearing the top two happy to stay put in D2 for season 2022.

Chump.
I would think Glen Eira want to go up , they are an ambitious club.

I would think Glen Eira want to go up , they are an ambitious club.

Great word that..."ambitious"....was speaking to the coach of Hawthorn and he used that exact same word to describe them.
Love that about these clubs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back